Olive Garden is a casual restaurant serving classic Italian dishes. The company has locations around the world and is a subsidiary of Darden Restaurants, Inc. It has opened over 800 stores since its founding in 1982.
Facts About Working at Olive Garden
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Olive Garden?)
Available Positions: Host, Server, Bartender, Busser, Dishwasher, Line Cook, Assistant Manager
Olive Garden Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Olive Garden:
Olive Garden Job Opportunities
A Pleasant Vibe
Olive Garden trains employees to work in a friendly atmosphere. There are programs in place to reward individuals and teams. Every worker enjoys job benefits, a flexible schedule, and meal discounts, among other perks.
No Experience Necessary
Regardless of past work experience, all employees get the same chances. Full-time and part-time Olive Garden jobs exist for entry-level workers at varied skill levels. The opportunity to advance, earning new titles and salary options, is there for everyone.
The chain helps students and veterans get jobs at Olive Garden. On the careers website, a candidate can access links to job postings and application forms. This makes it easy to apply online.
Employment and Salary Information for Olive Garden
Employers hire workers below the age of 18 for host or back-of-house positions. In general, job seekers must be at least 16 years old to fill out an Olive Garden application. Typical openings include:
- Basic job duties are seating guests, taking reservations, and answering phones.
- Workers must have open schedules and be available on nights and weekends.
- Employees should be able to work in a chaotic environment.
- Hosts begin at a minimum wage pay rate.
- Cooks prepare food and complete orders to company standards.
- Previous back-of-house restaurant experience is ideal but not required.
- These employees must follow safety and sanitation policies.
- Hourly wages start at about $11.00.
- Read the Olive Garden cook job description.
- This Olive Garden job is in charge of all guests’ dining experiences.
- Workers take orders, deliver food, and complete transactions.
- Each employee will work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced setting.
- Servers earn hourly wages between $4.00 and $8.00, in addition to tips.
- Check out the Olive Garden server job description for more information.
- People in this Olive Garden career ensure cleanliness of all dishes and equipment.
- They also tidy up the restaurant and take out the trash.
- Applicants need to be able to work independently or with others.
- Dishwashers receive hourly pay around $9.00.
- Learn more by accessing the Olive Garden dishwasher job description.
Tips For Applying
Candidates apply online at the company’s website. Workers who prefer can pick up an Olive Garden job application in person. Current employees looking to move up do not have to reapply.
Hopefuls check on their Olive Garden applications through the online job profile. Hiring staff then emails a qualified applicant to set up an interview.
Benefits of Working at Olive Garden
All associates enjoy weekly pay and up to half off food during work shifts. Most workers are eligible for employment benefits upon hire, such as:
- Disability and healthcare coverage
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Employee stock purchasing
- Pet medical insurance
- Life insurance policies
Part-time Olive Garden jobs under a specified amount of hours might not get certain benefits. Time off or paid vacations are often reserved for upper-level employees.
Additional Information about Olive Garden
Darden offers internships to college students pursuing hospitality careers. Recent graduates may also apply for full-time management jobs at Olive Garden.