On The Run maintains a large, international network of convenience stores. The chain creates widespread jobs for entry-level candidates as well as lucrative careers for experienced professionals. Full- and part-time employment opportunities prove available in over 40 countries.
Facts About Working at On The Run
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at On The Run?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Maintenance Worker, Assistant Manager, Station Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
On The Run Employment Outlook
With a worldwide presence of approximately 1,800 locations spread throughout the six major continents, the company needs to hire continuously to keep up with growth and turnover rates. Job seekers find openings regularly for a diverse variety of positions. Candidates new to the workforce often find gainful employment as cashiers and sales associates with the company. Alternately, management roles often attract more experienced applicants. Further career opportunities may exist through On The Run corporate offices and merchandise distribution centers, as well.
As a convenience store chain, On The Run offers snack food and drink items, basic grocery provisions, and alcoholic beverages. Employees must stand familiar with available merchandise to aid customers with purchases. In addition, the company expects workers to follow state and federal laws regarding alcohol, tobacco, and lottery ticket sales. Employees must check the identification cards of individuals buying age-restricted products. Consequently, the company prefers to hire mature and trustworthy individuals with experience in retail sales.
On The Run Jobs and Salary Options
While seasoned professionals often easily obtain jobs with the company, On The Run hires entry-level candidates on a regular basis. Applicants 18 and older may apply for work with the convenience store chain. Though most positions do not explicitly require individuals to possess high school diplomas or GED equivalents, aspirants with degrees often gain an edge in the hiring process. Job titles consistently accessible to employment hopefuls include:
- Historically earning minimum wage, cashiers perform monetary transactions for customers and provide crucial guest services.
- Employees need to possess friendly and proactive communication skills, as cashiers remain responsible for making patron experiences ideal.
- Consequently, cashier jobs represent the most basic and essential entry-level opportunities with On The Run.
- Typical job duties include processing cash and bank card exchanges, providing change and receipts, greeting customers, carding patrons attempting to purchase alcohol or tobacco products, maintaining area cleanliness, and replenishing merchandise on store shelves.
- Assistant managers directly supervise staff members and uphold customer service standards.
- In addition to running gas station operations in the absence of store managers, everyday responsibilities include overseeing store inventory, disciplining and training subordinates, counting register drawers, and enforcing store policies.
- Candidates with previous experience in management often fare best when applying for assistant manager jobs.
- With opportunities for growth and advancement, the position represents an effective way to jumpstart a career in the gas station industry.
- Assistant managers typically earn between $10.00 and $14.00 per hour.
Tips For Applying
Though positions generally prove available to applicants without experience, individuals with backgrounds in the fuel industry fare very well when seeking meaningful employment with the company. Candidates with open availability also enjoy improved prospects for hire, as stores largely remain open 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Show strong communication skills by attentively listening while managers speak and replying with confident and articulate answers. Remain personable and polite when interviewing for jobs with On The Run. The chain values customer service highly and expects job seekers to embody related qualities.
Candidates may apply online or in person for jobs with the convenience store chain. After submitting hiring forms, individuals typically hear back from management personnel within two to three weeks. To show interest in available employment opportunities, applicants may follow up with the company by calling or visiting stores. Avoid making calls or visits during peak hours of business to respect the time and pressing work duties of managers. Candidates who follow up on applications often enjoy higher success rates in obtaining job placements with On The Run.
Benefits of Working at On The Run
Qualified On The Run employees receive top-rated job benefits packages. The success of the company allows the chain to offer health insurance packages, including:
- Vision and dental coverage
- Maternity leave
- Dependent care and
- Paid time off
Financial work benefits, such as 401(k) retirement plans, pension options, tuition assistance, and charitable gift matching, often prove available to full-time workers, as well. In addition, associates generally qualify for employee discounts on merchandise at company store locations.
More Details on On The Run
On The Run franchise stores conduct business in the United States as part of the Alimentation Couche-Tard company. Throughout the rest of the world, original developer ExxonMobil owns the brand. The Texas-based oil and gas business remains one of the largest corporations currently in operation. On The Run convenience stores typically operate paired with other brand-name gas stations.
rita lambert says:
I was the overnight cashier. I handled the register, cleaned the store, started coffee and breakfast, and also stocked the cooler.