With a mission to provide on-time parcel delivery to customers in eight of the largest western United States, OnTrac needs reliable employees to join teams of drivers, customer service representatives, warehouse workers, and managers to accomplish the lofty company goals. Job seekers find employment opportunities and simple application processes on the company website.
Facts About Working at OnTrac
Hiring Age: 21 years old (How old do you have to be to work at OnTrac?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Sales Associate, Administrative Assistant, Data Entry Quality Control Clerk, Account Executive, Sorter, Package Handler, Shipping and Receiving Associate, Forklift Operator, Delivery Driver, Director Of Security and Loss Prevention, Programmer, Developer, Assistant Manager, General Manager
OnTrac Job Opportunities
Entry-level jobs involve package sorting at warehouse locations, customer service at drop-off sites and call centers, and delivery duties throughout Idaho, Oregon, Nevada, Washington, Utah, Colorado, California, and Arizona. Applicants with no experience in the logistics industry typically receive hiring consideration for entry-level positions as long as the individuals show potential for desired job titles. OnTrac provides paid training to adequately equip new associates to perform entry-level duties.
Many associates cite earning advancement opportunities to upper-level jobs or management positions at OnTrac. The regional delivery company promotes or hires on bright employees to perform advanced tasks and manage teams of employees. Management jobs generally require associates to possess several years of experience and/or related training. Find job listings and instructions on how to apply online.
OnTrac Positions and Salary Information
The delivery company must fill both part-time jobs and full-time careers and invites applicants 18 years or older to apply. Part-time jobs often arise in the warehouse division, especially during busy holiday months or seasons when the company experiences high volumes of packages to deliver. Full-time jobs exist for entry-level associates working as package handlers and customer service associates. Upper-level associates usually work full-time work schedules and enjoy generous annual salary options. The following list details popular positions at OnTrac:
- Available customer service positions include customer care associate, driver support specialist, and data entry and quality control associate.
- In general, customer service associates work in call center environments.
- Associates take inbound customer calls and offer assistance in locating packages, taking payments, and resolving issues.
- Additional duties include assisting drivers with routes.
- Employees must possess great communication skills and remain proficient in operating computers and typing.
- Customer service associates generally need to pass several tests before officially starting work with the company.
- Starting pay rests around $13.00 per hour, with the opportunity to earn more on weekends and during late night shifts.
- Associates with package handler or sorter job titles work in warehouses.
- Tasks include unloading, loading, and sorting through packages.
- Associates must ensure each package boards the correct truck for on-time delivery.
- The job requires employees to stand on foot for long periods of time and involves lifting up to 70lbs. repeatedly throughout shifts.
- Employees may also need to attend training and earn certificates to drive forklifts or operate other warehouse machinery.
- Pay for package handlers generally starts at $11.00 an hour.
- OnTrac employs independent contractor drivers to fulfill courier needs.
- Drivers must own vehicles equipped with lift gates and measuring at least 24 feet in length.
- Delivery drivers may need to obtain commercial driver licenses and show proof of clean driving records to gain employment, as well.
- Associates with the courier job title typically make salary options falling between $35,000 and $40,000 yearly.
- Entry-level management jobs like warehouse lead and customer service team leader prove highly accessible to hardworking employees, as the company prefers to promote from within.
- Warehouse leads maintain awareness of OHSA laws and company safety standards.
- Additional duties revolve around payroll, forklifting, and inventory as well as recruiting and scheduling new associates.
- Customer service team leaders ensure subordinate employees provide quality and timely service.
- Workers in customer service lead positions must also administer and oversee hiring and training of new staff.
- Entry-level managers typically earn between $30,000 and $35,000 per year.
Tips For Applying
OnTrac uses both the company website and third-party employment sites to post job vacancies. Regardless of job postings, the organization invites employment seekers to submit resumes by following the instructions on the Career Opportunities page of the company website. Workers should create enticing resumes showcasing applicable skills, open availability, and correct contact information. Some job seekers may want to consider contacting employment agencies or recruiters to assist with creating resumes.
Hiring managers routinely contact promising applicants within a week of receiving applications for open positions. Applicants who do not receive phone calls from hiring staff should consider following up to check on the application status. In some cases applicants may even visit OnTrac locations to speak with managers about the hiring process. Potential workers ought to dress in professional attire when following up in person. Always endeavor to exude affable qualities during follow-up visits and remain respectful of the manager schedules throughout the employment process.
Benefits of Working at OnTrac
Qualified OnTrac workers may receive numerous employment benefits. The delivery company provides health insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance to eligible associates.
Qualified employees also enjoy:
- Paid vacation time
- Sick leave
- Short- and long-term disability
- Extensive training, and access to 401 (k) retirement plans.
Entry-level workers receive impressive hourly wages, while managerial associates garner generous annual salary options.
Additional Information on OnTrac
OnTrac uses alternative driving routes to expedite deliveries and decrease emissions as part of the SmartWay driving initiative of the Environmental Protection Agency. As a regional courier, the organization strategically places distribution centers throughout the states the company serves in hopes of providing the most optimal routes for drivers. The courier offers associates paperless payroll and administers corporate recycling programs and company-wide carpooling initiatives, as well. Additionally, customers partake in paperless billing opportunities to aid in the fight for a greener earth.