Specializing in frozen treats, Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt offers delicious dessert options at affordable prices. Entry-level and managerial positions become available regularly, providing inexperienced and professional job seekers with meaningful employment options. Motivated and energetic individuals ready to begin work in the retail frozen yogurt industry should apply a nearby location.
Facts About Working at Orange Leaf
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Orange Leaf?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Team Member, Assistant Manager, Manager
Orange Leaf Job Opportunities
Many first-time workers cite gaining employment with Orange Leaf. Entry-level associates hone valuable customer service skills and earn consistent pay checks with the retailer. Other than interacting with patrons, most tasks revolve around cleaning each store and keeping self-serve areas stocked. Entry-level job holders often work part-time schedules and must maintain availability on nights and weekends, especially starting out. Hardworking employees with leadership aptitude gain access to advancement opportunities and often take on new responsibilities as shift leaders or assistant managers.
Employees with upper-level job titles ensure locations operate at maximum efficiency and professionalism at all times. Managerial associates must possess adequate experience in the food and customer service industries and possess the ability to retain a wealth of information concerning the nutritional and flavorful characteristics of Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt products. Managers often work full-time schedules and stand on foot for long periods of time during shifts. Because of the demanding nature of the job, the company rewards managers with excellent base pay and great training programs.
Orange Leaf Positions and Salary Information
Orange Leaf job descriptions remain fairly simple in nature, and entry-level crew members develop a well-rounded understanding of store operations. Most entry-level employees start out earning minimum wage with an opportunity for pay increases with proven performance. A minimum working age of 16 remains the only qualification standing between first time employment seekers and a job at the frozen yogurt retailer. Managerial candidates may need to stand at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma to perform all the necessary duties required by the job title. The frozen yogurt retailer regularly hires new associates to fill the following positions:
- Staff members assist customers with final transactions, offer helpful suggestions, and maintain store cleanliness.
- The job requires individuals to stand on foot during shifts and retain the ability to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Depending on the location, entry-level staff members sometimes work with only one other associate during shifts, which requires efficiency and teamwork to accomplish necessary duties.
- Employees earn minimum wage starting out, with some experienced staff members making up to $10.00 an hour.
- Shift leaders typically open and close stores, count monies in the registers at the beginning and end of each shift, clean machinery, and interact with customers throughout the day.
- Shift leaders supervise entry-level employees and often assist in the recruiting and training of new employees.
- These team members also communicate with managers on store needs and other information pertinent to store success.
- Shift leaders earn hourly pay between $8.00 and $10.00.
- Store managers oversee equipment functionality, arrange repairs when necessary, preserve appropriate levels of inventory, recruit and train new store associates, set employee schedules, and endeavor to increase sales via promotions and other incentives.
- Store managers typically earn yearly salary options between $30,000 and $35,000.
Tips For Applying
The Orange Leaf application process involves filling out a straightforward handful of documents and answering questions posed by recruitment personnel. Expect informal proceedings throughout each phase of the hiring process. Workers may submit employment forms online or in store. Depending on the franchise, applicants may receive immediate interview consideration or instructions to await phone calls for further review. Candidates should head into the hiring process with answers to traditional interview questions at the ready. Examples of typical inquiries include, “Why do you want to work here?”, “How much customer service experience do you have?”, and “Do you work well in fast-paced environments?”
Outside of managerial positions, the hiring and application processes usually only take about a week to complete. Some workers pass through the application process and receive job offers in as little as a couple of days. Individuals in charge of hiring predominantly reach out to desirable candidates via telephone. Using the same method to check on applications remains perfectly acceptable and encouraged if workers don’t hear from managers within 36 to 48 hours after handing over the required employment forms. Another direct method of checking on applications includes visiting storefronts personally. Avoid peak hours of operation and try to schedule meetings with hiring personnel, if possible.
Benefits of Working at Orange Leaf
Associates enjoy paid training and allotted amounts of free frozen yogurt during shifts. Employees cite not only flexible scheduling but also the ability to work more hours when needed, especially during busier seasons. Advancement opportunities offer motivated crew members the ability to earn management positions and practice leadership and communication skills, as well.
Additional Information on Orange Leaf
A rewards system called “Ounce Back” allows patrons to earn points with each purchase and work toward discounted or even free frozen yogurt treats. Customers also enjoy discounted frozen yogurt on birthdays and other special occasions as designated on the company website. Social media proves a major part of the Orange Leaf culture, and the specialty foods retailer re-posts pictures taken by customers touting frozen yogurt purchases from platforms like Instagram and Twitter on the company website. A comments and suggestion box at each store also allows loyal fans to request new flavors and voice concerns, as well.