Perhaps best known for producing bib overalls for children, OshKosh B'Gosh markets clothing exclusively for babies, infants, toddlers, and kids. With a pronounced presence of over 600 retail stores and in thousands of department stores nationwide, the company frequently needs new hires.
Facts About Working at OshKosh
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at OshKosh?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Merchandise Handler, Assistant Store Manager, General Store Manager, Financial Analyst, eCommerce Creative Manager, Internal Auditor, Merchandise Manager, Technical Design Manager, Graphic Designer, Interactive Marketing Manager, Sourcing Coordinator, Merchandise Planner, Retail Buyer, Visual Marketing VP, Product Manager, Technical Administrator, Business Systems Analyst, Merchandise Allocator, Store Systems Support Specialist, Sales and Tax Accountant, Business Analyst, Graphic Artist
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
OshKosh Interview Videos
OshKosh Job Opportunities
Owned by Carter’s, Inc. since 2005, potential employees benefit from a strong partnership and a continued expansion into new territories. OshKosh continually seeks new employees to work in store capacities such as sales associate, stock associate, and loss prevention customer associate. The company typically offers promotion opportunities to dedicated and motivated employees with some regularity. Most entry-level applicants must only meet minimal hiring requirements in order to qualify for consideration. The fashion retailer typically seeks outgoing, flexible, and friendly individuals to fill a majority of available positions.
The clothier also seeks supervisors and managers with some regularity, as each store typically divides managerial responsibilities between departments, stock rooms, and daily store operations. Available positions typically fall in both full-time and part-time capacities and must regularly cover both administrative duties and staff supervision. OshKosh generally prefers education further than the high school diplomas required for store associates and demonstrated knowledge of both the retail industry and management experience in order to qualify for managerial positions. Proving effectual in communication, meeting sales goals, and leading others tend to prove beneficial traits, as well.
OshKosh Positions and Salary Information
Motivated, dedicated, and committed to working in a team environment typically ensures hiring consideration with the specialty fashion retailer. The possession of a high school diploma and standing at least 18 also proves necessary when applying for the following positions:
- Charged with maximizing potential sales and friendly interaction with customers, a sales associate assists in finding merchandise, informing patrons of current promotions, and expediting transactions at the time of sale.
- Employees must also correctly utilize POS systems, work well in team environments, and demonstrate the ability to work flexible schedules, as most associates start in part-time capacities.
- Individuals displaying the ability to effectively multitask, stand for long periods of time, and efficiently communicate with customers, coworkers, and management typically earn consideration for employment.
- A sales associate earns around $9.00 an hour.
Loss Prevention Customer Associate
- A loss prevention customer associate provides stores with efficient customer service while engaging patrons to increase sales and decrease possible loss.
- Primary responsibilities include circulating through stores, providing visual presence to deter theft, assisting managers with difficult customer situations, contacting local authorities when necessary, and minimizing shrink.
- Personnel must utilize in-store resources such as CCTV, mirrors, and communication equipment in order to deter theft.
- The position may include physical exertion, such as lifting up to 40 pounds, standing for long periods of time, and the ability to move quickly when needed.
- A loss prevention customer associate may earn between $9.00 and $10.00 hourly.
- Assuming the responsibilities of management in the absence of either the assistant or store manager, a supervisor may work either part-time or full-time hours.
- Applicants must prove available seven days a week for the position, which typically yields between $10.00 and $11.00 per hour.
- Supervisors must endorse company programs and initiatives, establish and maintain store standards, and effectively prove sales capability, much like full-time managers.
- Excellent communication, firm understanding of multiple systems, and the ability to multitask prove beneficial to prospective employees during the hiring process.
- Applicants may need to show additional education beyond high school diplomas and prior experience.
- Knowledge of fashion retail may also prove necessary.
Tips For Applying
The fashion retail company encourages potentials to utilize the online application available through the careers portal on the corporate website. After searching available jobs by location and title, applicants choose the best-suited positions to personal skillsets and click on the Apply button. To save time and effort, job seekers may complete the initial phase of the application process by gathering relevant hiring materials beforehand. The rest of the process consists of an online form with sections for availability, education, previous employment, uploading a resume, and basic pre-employment questions. If possible, remember the needs of the employer and items from the job description when filling out availability and experience.
Returning users may log in at any time utilizing provided information to check job status by looking in the Job Basket tab. Applied jobs remain in the tab until filled. Truly motivated applicants may wish to call, email, or visit the applicable location to gather available information on the status of applications. Aspirants should speak directly with a hiring manager when asking about the application process and status updates. Managers may seek on-the-spot interviews in response to the dedication displayed as well as the genuine interest in available positions.
Benefits of Working at OshKosh
Employees need to meet specific eligibility requirements before qualifying for certain job benefits. Store managers, assistant store managers, and supervisors may accrue certain work benefits at a faster pace than part-time employees. Employees retain access to paid holidays, attractive pay scales commensurate or above industry standard, paid training, and healthy associate discounts. Additional employment benefits include:
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Service recognition programs and healthcare coverage
- Including options for dental and vision
Additional Information about OshKosh
OshKosh provides lasting partnerships with child-focused organizations and charities in order to help maintain families and relationships important to children and growing up healthy and happy. Since 1999, the retailer and partner Leukemia & Lymphoma Society raised over $3 million via the annual Light the Night Walk. Another long-standing program remains the Pajama Program organized in order to provide a good night of sleep for underprivileged children. In 2012 alone, the company donated over 100,000 pairs of brand new pajamas and over $375,000 through customer donations. OshKosh also regularly partners with local organization supporting early childhood programs in communities the retailer serves in order to promote literacy and ensure children from impoverished areas remain ready for school.
In my experience with the company they really work with you to try and give you the days off that you request off. However saying that you must also understand that in retail major holidays are blacked out so that no one can ask off. Everything is also dependent on the manager you are working with. My best suggestion is to be a great employee and build a relationship with your manager that exudes dependability, great customer service, and someone that take initiative so that when you ask off they are more than willing to work around the hours that you want to work (within reason).