Founded in the early 1900s, P.C. Richard and Son operates a private chain of electronics stores situated across Eastern United States. Applicants regularly find part-time and full-time opportunities through a network of more than 65 retail locations offering competitive pay and ongoing training.
Facts About Working at P.C. Richard And Son
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at P.C. Richard And Son?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Appliance Technician, Customer Service Representative, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
P.C. Richard and Son Job Opportunities
The family-owned stores celebrate the rich histories of surrounding areas and cater to the demands of living in modern big cities. Stores offer no-hassle experiences highlighted by exceptional customer service from knowledgeable staff members. Merchandise lines generally consist of popular electronics, such as computer and audio equipment, in addition to industry-leading appliances, which require broad familiarity with a variety of products and services. Employees must also possess specialized training, depending on the specific job title.
Entry-level job opportunities represent the most prevalent types of employment available with the East Coast retail chain. Applicants may choose from part-time or full-time entry-level roles leading to fruitful careers in the computer and electronics retail industry. P.C. Richard and Son needs to fill vacancies in sales, installation, stock, and general customer service. The appliance retailer encourages workers to visit locations in person to submit employment forms as well as use the company website to place applications online. Regardless of method used, the retail store holds onto unselected candidate information for pooling as future hiring needs arise.
P.C. Richard and Son Employment Outlook and Pay Scales
Due to the highly technical nature and real-world application of products sold in store, prospective associates must stand at least 18 and hold high school diplomas or equivalents for employment consideration. Entry-level jobs typically require some familiarity with electronics or appliances and outgoing personalities. Available positions may feature mild manual labor, as well. Aspiring managers must also possess personable attitudes in addition to relevant and proven backgrounds in related retail environments. A list of the most common positions for hire follows:
- P.C. Richard and Son sales representatives serve as the face of retail operations.
- Ideal candidates must possess previous sales experience and general interests in computers, electronics, and home appliances.
- Specific knowledge of certain product lines may further increase chances of employment.
- Positive attitudes, including the ability to smile and greet customers warmly, often improve hiring odds, as well.
- Part-time and full-time sales representative jobs remain available, with opportunities to earn commission present, regardless of employment status.
- Part-time hourly sales personnel usually make around $8.00 at start, while full-time associates enjoy average annual salary options between $40,000 and $50,000.
- Traditionally an hourly, part-time position, the entry-level role of stock associate requires regular manual labor necessitating excellent physical stamina and the ability to work on foot for the duration of each shift.
- Typical responsibilities include loading and unloading shipments, breaking down packaging, organizing backroom storage areas, building product displays, and stocking shelves.
- Stock associates also take responsibility for tracking inventories.
- Dedicated individuals able to fill overnight schedules and work holidays and weekends often receive preferential treatment from hiring personnel.
- The intensive labor involved in stock associate positions often raises base pay scales to $9.00 an hour or so at start, with wages topping out at $11.00 or $12.00.
- Motivated applicants with experience in customer service, sales, or retail operations may take interest in managerial careers available.
- Each department typically features an assigned supervisor working directly with an assistant store manager and store manager to ensure customer satisfaction and oversee employee productivity.
- Other managerial tasks include setting work schedules, hiring and training new associates, compiling expense reports, tracking sales, delegating entry-level duties, and answering questions about products, policies, and services.
- P.C. Richard and Son managers generally enjoy annual salary options, with pay hovering between $25,000 and $40,000 for supervisors and assistant store managers.
- Store managers generally make in excess of $50,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
The P.C. Richard and Son hiring process shortens significantly with the use of employee referrals. Applicants who use current associates as references on employment forms often receive immediate consideration for available jobs. Wait times to hear back from managers regularly occurs in less than a week using employee referrals, while job hopefuls going through traditional means of obtaining work often wait up to two weeks for full review. Placing applications in person also expedites the hiring process, with candidates sometimes undergoing immediate on-the-spot interviews while submitting employment documents.
Telephoning, emailing, or visiting store locations in person represent the three best methods of following up on hiring documents. The most direct and personable of the three approaches include making phone calls and speaking with managers in store. Both tactics allow back-and-forth exchanges between applicants and management, which allows for full disclosure of motives for employment and the ability to demonstrate skills aligned with positions desired.
Benefits of Working at P.C. Richard and Son
Ongoing training and career development serve as primary job benefits available to employees, regardless of status with the company. The prominent regional retail also offers comprehensive job benefits packages for qualified employees.
Eligible workers gain access to
- Dental, and life insurance coverage
- College savings plans
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Flexible spending accounts, and
- Varying employee discounts, depending on job title.
More Details on P.C. Richard and Son
In order to further the company brand name and expand customer bases, P.C. Richard and Son offers an affiliate program area businesses may opt into for marketing purposes. The basic tenants of the program include cross-promotion of ads and services online. Each affiliate places ads with links back to the computer and electronic retailer homepage or other specifically designated pages. Affiliates receive payment based on the number of clicks (customers) sent over from the provided ads.