Created in 1993, the P.F. Chang's restaurant concept revolves around the fusion of American and Asian cuisines. The continued success of the multicultural concept stems from the hard work of the dedicated associates employed by the thriving restaurant chain.
Facts About Working at P.F. Chang's
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at P.F. Chang's?)
Available Positions: Host, Hostess, Waiter, Waitress, Bus Person, Bartender, Dishwasher, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Sous Chef, Executive Chef, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Manager, General Restaurant Manager, Administrative Assistant, Human Resources Associate, Human Resources Manager, Business Analyst, HRIS Analyst, Financial Analyst, Benefits Administrator, Category Manager, Payroll Specialist, Pricing Coordinator
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
P.F. Chang’s Employee Interview Videos
P.F. Chang’s Job Opportunities
As the largest chain of full-service Chinese restaurants in the country, P.F. Chang’s employs thousands of workers and maintains nationwide hiring needs. The restaurant chain needs to hire employees capable of providing friendly and attentive service focused on the customer. Working for the Asian-inspired restaurant company comes with several perks, including schedule flexibility, a culture of mutual trust and respect among associates, an open management style conducive to regular communication between staff members and supervisors, and employee benefits for eligible personnel. Kitchen associates in particular also enjoy opportunities to use the freshest ingredients and latest equipment to prepare exceptional meals for customers.
In addition to equipping workers with high-quality ingredients and topnotch kitchen appliances, P.F. Chang’s provides room for career growth. Each restaurant offers a clearly defined career path, which starts with entry-level jobs like host, server, or line cook and culminates with promotions to management positions. To facilitate professional advancement, the restaurant chain maintains high standards of training and encourages employees to collaborate and continue learning new skills. Increases in salary and access to additional employment benefits often accompany advancement opportunities.
P.F. Chang’s Positions and Salary Information
At 18 years of age or older, job seekers may apply online or in person for employment. Each staff member holds either part-time or full-time status and typically works between 25 and 40 hours per week. P.F. Chang’s looks for candidates with full-service restaurant experience but often makes hiring decisions based more on attitude and availability. In addition to the entry-level opportunities described below, the restaurant chain frequently needs to fill management positions requiring previous, related experience:
- Usually the first person to come into contact with arriving guests, a typical host maintains responsibility for assigning and leading each party to a designated table in the dining area of the restaurant.
- Additional duties often include distributing menus and table utensils to seated customers.
- Hosts also maintain order during peak restaurant hours by putting arriving customers on a wait list and overseeing the flow of patrons from the waiting area to the dining room.
- The entry-level position generally pays between $9.00 and $11.00 an hour at P.F. Chang’s.
- While the head chef oversees kitchen operations, entry-level line cooks, prep cooks, and wok cooks work to provide support.
- Cooks use Asian-inspired culinary techniques to produce dishes made to order.
- Chopping, slicing, dicing, measuring, or otherwise handling ingredients comprises a significant element of cook jobs.
- Cooks also operate various kitchen appliances and often work at specifically assigned stations.
- Line cooks, prep cooks, and wok cooks each receive hourly wages typically ranging from $10.00 to $14.00.
- Primarily stationed in the dining area, servers interact with customers regularly over the course of a meal.
- The major job duties of the entry-level position cover the entire dining experience, from explaining the menu and recording customer orders to serving meals, responding to special requests, and collecting payments to finalizing sales transactions.
- Server jobs, which usually pay between $3.00 and $5.00 hourly in addition to tips, demand enthusiastic attitudes, exceptional customer service skills, and the ability to remain on foot and active for the duration of a work shift.
Tips For Applying
Applying online for P.F. Chang’s jobs takes place at the company website. After selecting available positions, job seekers begin the application process by uploading resumes, providing personal contact information, and creating login profiles with email addresses and passwords. The next pages of the online form include questions about employment eligibility and schedule availability. If possible, applicants should mark the selection indicating availability for all shifts, as the restaurant chain requires employees to remain flexible regarding work hours. The rest of the form covers standard topics like employment history, education, and references. For candidates preferring to apply in person, many locations only accept applications Monday through Saturday between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
Job seekers wondering about the status of completed applications access the desired information by logging back in to profiles created at the beginning of the online process. Upon logging in, returning users simply need to select the option for viewing submitted applications. The resulting webpage displays the date of submission, job code and title, and status for each completed form.
Benefits of Working at P.F. Chang’s
P.F. Chang’s cares about the wellbeing of company associates and offers numerous employment benefits as a result. Available health benefits include medical, dental, and vision plans as well as short- and long-term disability. Other perks involve financial incentives like monthly restaurant bonus programs and 401(k) retirement plans. Workers often receive meal benefits and vacation time, as well. Access to employee benefits depends on certain factors determining eligibility.
Additional Information on P.F. Chang’s
In addition to serving delicious Chinese food, P.F. Chang’s makes sure each restaurant maintains environments inspired by Asian cultures. Within each location, a hand-painted mural offers sweeping views of China from the 12th century and functions as the centerpiece of the main dining room. Many locations also feature majestic statues of horses just outside the restaurant entrance. Measuring 11 feet in height, the horses symbolize the legendary Forbidden City, which served as the home of Chinese royalty. In October 2014, the restaurant chain painted more than 250 of the horses pink to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
tim morgan says:
What is the experience necessary to become a cook/chef at a restaurant like PF Changs?