Founded in 1983 in Glendale, California, Panda Express is now a global restaurant. This fast-casual eatery is the largest Asian cuisine chain in America.
Facts About Working at Panda Express
Minimum Age to Work at Panda Express: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Panda Express?)
Panda Express Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 10:30am-8:30pm; Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Panda Express: Dishwasher, prep cook, recruiting assistant, store manager, team member
Panda Express Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Panda Express:
Panda Express Job Opportunities
While the food service industry has a lot of part-time roles, full-time choices exist too. There are Panda Express job applications for many entry-level positions. Applicants must be able to work quickly, cater to customers, and maintain an organized kitchen.
Hopefuls can expect Panda Express jobs to be tough but rewarding. Normal duties for new hires consist of preparing orders, greeting guests, and cleaning. Employees should be capable of staying focused under stress.
Chances for Growth
Fast food jobs present an ideal way for a new worker to gain valuable experience. The company looks for individuals who want to advance. Panda Express careers are possible since the brand promotes from within.
Employment and Salary Information for Panda Express
Panda Express jobs offer a variety of options. Cooks and kitchen crew focus on production. Counter employees strive for great customer service. Applicants with previous experience or any time spent in management can apply for advanced positions. The most common openings include:
- Workers greet patrons, take orders, and run cash registers.
- Team members should have strong people skills.
- This Panda Express job typically pays between $8.00 and $10.00 in hourly wages.
- Managers create employee schedules, hire workers, and enable safe, productive conditions.
- Candidates with some business or restaurant experience and a healthy work ethic thrive.
- Depending on location and skill, the pay rate is a yearly salary package of roughly $55k.
- Workers in this field help human resources with initial screening and interviews of new-hires.
- Aspirants with a college degree are best suited for this role.
- This corporate job is able to make an annual salary of $75k.
- Meal discounts
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Life insurance
- Salary options
- Paid vacations
- Medical insurance or healthcare coverage
- 401(k) retirement plans
Tips for Applying
Attitude and efficiency remain important to hiring staff. When submitting Panda Express applications online, consider including a personalized letter.
Job seekers may apply online or find Panda Express application forms in-store. A well-timed and respectful follow-up call can ensure a job interview. The hiring process usually takes a couple of weeks.
Benefits of Working at Panda Express
Entry-level Panda Express jobs receive employment benefits like:
Managers and other full-time employees may enjoy job benefits such as:
Additional Information about Panda Express
The company created a charity called Panda Cares. The organization provides meals, funding, and volunteer work for disaster relief as well as children in need. With a focus on community-building activities, the company also hosts Dragon Boat races, fun runs, and athletic competitions.