Founded in 1992, Panther Premium Logistics serves over 11,000 customers including individuals, Fortune 500 corporations, and government agencies. Job seekers of varying experience and education levels find gratifying careers in part-time and full-time positions.
Facts About Working at Panther Expedited Services
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Panther Expedited Services?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Professional, Truck Driver, Line Haul Truck Driver, Truck Mechanic, Trailer Mechanic, Load Plan Associate, International Air and Ocean Associate, Web Developer, IT Support Technician, Server Administrator, Pricing Manager, Web Application Developer, Billing Support Associate, Agent Network Associate, Driver Relations Associate, Marketing Director, Inside Sales Representative, Outside Sales Representative, International Operations Manager, Territory Manager, Truckload Brokerage Agent
Panther Expedited Services Job Opportunities
A burgeoning logistics company, Panther Premium Logistics organizes efficient transportation of goods via ground, air, and ocean. The company transports and stores merchandise for automotive, manufacturing, life sciences, retail, technology, government and defense, and energy and utilities industries. Workers with any experience in or knowledge of contract logistics or industries served may fair well during the application process. Careers exist in marketing, finance, operations, sales, fleet support, contract or relations, information technology, and human resources. Additionally, competent and goal-oriented associates may find employment in the Medina, OH, corporate offices.
Panther Premium Logistics seeks creative and collaborative employees who act with integrity and excellence. With a focus on personal and career growth, as well as the wellness of associates, the company offers tools and resources to foster the success of individuals filling positions entry-level to corporate-level in nature. In addition to giving inexperienced job seekers due consideration, students and recent graduates remain welcome to apply for available work. Internships give individuals interested in contract logistics careers the chance to explore job opportunities and talk to current employees.
Panther Premium Logistics Positions and Salary Information
Most available Panther Premium Logistics jobs require applicants to hold high school diplomas or GED equivalents. Different work necessitates candidates to stand 18 or 21 years old depending on the responsibilities and dangers associated with various positions. Open availability, honed mathematical skills, and personable demeanors suited to teamwork help earn job seekers preference for hire. Entry-level positions requiring little-to-no previous employment experience include:
- Truck drivers may keep part-time or full-time schedules and earn hourly pay rates between $12.00 and $14.00.
- Commercial driver’s licenses and clean driving records prove necessary for hiring consideration.
- Drivers regularly load and unload cargo, follow safety regulations and traffic laws, assess vehicle conditions and report any issues, and handle paperwork like delivery confirmation slips and route logs.
- Familiarity with surrounding geographic regions and friendly personalities may gain positive attention from hiring managers.
- Finally, drivers should stand in the physical shape to lift and carry cargo without danger of injury.
Vehicle Maintenance Specialist
- Responsible for the smooth operation of delivery fleet vehicles, maintenance specialists must possess knowledge about the inner workings of trucks and electronics.
- Computer skills and the ability to manipulate Microsoft Office software also prove essential to completing job duties. Vehicle maintenance specialists must file regular maintenance reports, ensure company vehicles pass DOT annual inspections, perform roadside assistance, and register vehicles.
- Independent workers able to efficiently perform data entry functions make ideal job candidates.
- Associates garner salary packages between $35,000 and $38,000 per year, on average.
Tips For Applying
Interested individuals wishing to submit applications must create profiles using the company job portal. Found on the career section of the Panther Premium Logistics website, the portal requires job seekers to input basic contact information and email addresses to register. Applicants also provide education backgrounds, references, and job histories. Candidates maintain the option of uploading resumes. Before submitting applications, individuals should read over work to catch errors and make sure information remains up to date.
Applicants may hear back from hiring personnel as early as a few days after submitting applications or as late as several months. At any time during the waiting period, candidates may log into created profiles and check the statuses of applications. As the online feature exists, Panther Premium Logistics hiring managers prefer if individuals refrain from reaching out via phone or in person.
Benefits of Working at Panther Premium Logistics
Full-time and part-time employees of the logistics company receive access to comprehensive work benefits packages. Associates enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Discounts at select retailers
- Disability and life insurance, and
- Healthcare coverage for employees and dependents.
Additionally, full-time workers maintain the option of participating in 401(k) retirement plans.
More Information on Panther Premium Logistics
As Panther Premium Logistics pursues growth and participates in job fairs and tradeshows across the country, the company stays in close contact with workers, contractors, and interested individuals via various social media sites. Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ accounts allow the logistics company to inform followers of upcoming events and new developments. Additionally, the company YouTube page hosts informational videos.