Papa Murphy's serves as one of the largest pizza chains in the United States and operates as a take-and-bake pizza company. Unlike other pizza chains, the company makes the pie in-store and consumers cook at home. With over 1,400 stores in 37 states, the restaurant chain offers both entry-level and managerial opportunities to both experienced career professionals and first-time job seekers.
Facts About Working at Papa Murphy's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Papa Murphys?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Cashier, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Assistant Restaurant Manager, General Restaurant Manager
Papa Murphy’s Job Opportunities
Entry-level jobs at Papa Murphy’s revolve around providing exceptional customer service and producing incomparable menu items according to company mandates. Applicants with little or no job history typically find work with the take-and-bake pizza company in positions known as crew members. Crew member responsibilities focus on maintaining stock of necessary ingredients, making products to customer specifications, and ensuring store cleanliness. Motivated employees who start out with entry-level job titles often receive opportunities for advancement into shift supervisor or eventually other management positions.
Candidates for upper-level positions must typically possess experience in the restaurant industry along with exceptional sales and organizational skills. Managers must demonstrate effective coaching and motivational techniques to hire and encourage subordinate employees to perform well. Supervisory roles sometimes require longer hours and more hands-on work, such as promotions, scheduling, and balancing costs and inventory. Due to call-offs or other employee shortages, managers may need to work alongside other employees to ensure continued store success. Prospective employees may turn in application forms either to a store location or via the company website.
Positions and Salary Information for Papa Murphy’s
Employees must stand at least 16 years of age in order to qualify for positions with the take-and-bake pizza company. Additional hiring requirements vary by position. Overall, candidates must exhibit common sense and personable qualities. The following provides detailed breakdowns of available Papa Murphy’s jobs:
- Crew member responsibilities include preparing food to customer specifications, interacting in a positive manner with both coworkers and consumers, and taking constructive direction daily.
- Most crew member jobs feature part-time hours, and flexible scheduling remains a must.
- Crew members should exhibit friendly personalities, motivated attitudes, and an overall desire to work as part of a team.
- Most entry-level positions start at minimum wage pay, with the possibility of making up to $8.00 an hour.
- Management typically breaks down into assistant store manager and store manager jobs, with shift leaders serving as intermediate positions between entry-level employment and supervisory positions.
- Managers typically control profitability, marketing, and all personnel decisions within a store.
- Maximizing efficiency when in terms of inventory and labor costs, minimizing waste, and maintaining store cleanliness all play integral parts of managerial day-to-day duties.
- Some further education beyond a high school diploma may work favorably for a manager, as do certain food certifications.
- Shift supervisors typically earn $9.00 to $10.00 an hour, while assistant managers may make $11.00 to $12.00 in hourly pay.
- Store managers tend to make yearly salary options ranging from $30,000 to $35,000.
Tips for Applying
Applicants seeking pizza industry jobs should search the company website or fill out a paper application at a local shop. Introductory positions, such as crew member roles, do not generally require any previous work experience, though applicants should note any relatable experience on the application. Candidates choosing to submit hiring forms personally may net additional hiring deliberation, as managers may take the act as a sign of initiative. Write out all necessary information in intelligible manners. Individuals may call upon employee referrals to aid in job searches, as well.
Candidates should fill out appropriate hiring forms and return each as soon as possible to receive hiring consideration. The Papa Murphy’s hiring process remains typically uncomplicated, as most interviews occur on-the-spot. Hiring decisions characteristically take place at the conclusion of the hiring process. However, following up with hiring personnel may prove appropriate in lieu of no job offer. Managers usually communicate with potential associates via telephone or email. Checking back at a courteous rate shows authentic interest in achieving work with the pizza franchise.
Papa Murphy’s Benefits
Papa Murphy’s offers fun, fast-paced, and team-oriented work environments. Employees enjoy assorted job benefits including paid training, uniform provisions, and food discounts. Workers also receive competitive wages, flexible scheduling, and paid vacations and holidays. Full-time employees qualify for:
- Bonus programs
- Dental and vision insurance, and
- 401(k) retirement plans.
More Details about Papa Murphy’s
Historically, Papa Murphy’s promotes various fundraising programs throughout franchise locations across the country. In Northern California, franchise owners often donate portions from every purchase to cancer research at local hospitals. In Arizona, franchise locations offered $5.00 off any family-sized pizza in exchange for new stuffed animals. Officers of the Arizona Highway Patrol gave the stuffed animals to children encountered during traumatic situations. Papa Murphy’s offers directions to local franchises in order to inquire about possible fundraising opportunities.