Receiving apparel directly from manufacturers, Papaya Clothing consistently sells quality products for bargain prices. The retailer stocks an assortment of dresses, tops, pants, outerwear, and accessories to satisfy the needs of juniors and petite individuals and hires for new workers on a regular basis.
Facts About Working at Papaya Clothing
Minimum Age to Work at Papaya Clothing: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Papaya Clothing?)
Papaya Clothing Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-8:00pm; Sun: 12:00pm-6:00pm
Available Positions at Papaya Clothing: Sales Associate, Cashier, Merchandise Handler, Key Holder, Stock Room Associate, Assistant Store Manager, General Store Manager
Papaya Clothing Job Opportunities
With over 100 stores in 17 states and Puerto Rico, the retailer remains hopeful for further growth. As the company expands, the need for passionate individuals to staff store locations strengthens. Since Papaya Clothing specializes in female fashion needs, many of the employees remain women. Mostly targeting the mid-teen to late-20s age group, the retailer favors applicants able to establish knowledge of fashion trends pervading the target generations. Individuals demonstrating strong leadership and collaboration skills also receive preference during the application process.
Additionally, since the fashion retailer experiences high rates of turnover, entry-level positions remain consistently available to individuals at least 18 years of age. An ability to work flexible hours with a high volume of weekend availability places interested applicants in favorable position with hiring managers. Showcasing any personality traits suited to retail, such as friendliness and patience, may increase the likelihood of obtaining a job with Papaya, as well.
Papaya Clothing Positions and Salary Information
Several full-time and part-time positions stand available at Papaya Clothing stores. Though previous experience might remain preferred, or even necessary for some positions, individuals looking to kick start a career in the fashion world without prior work history may find an opening with the company. Some of the most attainable store positions include:
- A standard entry-level position, sales associate jobs generally provide minimum wage starting pay.
- The position usually fills with individuals possessing little-to-no experience.
- Sales associates remain responsible for regularly straightening and sustaining overall store appearances, assisting customers with any problems or questions, and operating cash registers to complete monetary transactions.
- Interested applicants should maintain the ability to calculate simple math functions, work with store computer programs, and repeatedly bend, stand, and squat.
- An upbeat attitude and a penchant for sales also remain important aspects of the sales associate position.
- Though the assistant manager position generally requires some experience as a supervisor, the role remains a great way for individuals invested in the company to continue work and advance with Papaya Clothing.
- Responsible for overseeing the sales associates during the course of a shift, assistant managers aid the manager in the execution of store duties.
- Regular tasks include directly addressing customer complaints and issues, seeking out new talent for hire, conducting interviews and managing training, ensuring the store runs smoothly, keeping all associates on task, and encouraging the completion of sales goals for the store.
- Assistant managers earn an average hourly wage of $11.00.
Tips For Applying
Papaya Clothing hosts an online application; however, interested individuals should feel welcome to visit physical stores and submit paper applications, as well. In either case, polishing a resume to highlight any experience relevant to fashion retail, gathering information about past employment, and guaranteeing contact information for references remains accurate serve as efficient ways to prepare for the application process. If called for an interview, potential hires may benefit from showcasing personal styles through dress. Additionally, knowing about the company and the industry as well as diligently preparing answers to interview questions, exhibit commitment and professionalism.
Although applicants may submit applications online, the Papaya Clothing website offers no way to monitor the status of an application. To check on the status of employment, individuals must call desired locations to speak directly to attending hiring managers. Establishing a genuine interest in the position while remaining respectful of the manager may afford potential hires favor in the screening process.
Benefits of Working at Papaya Clothing
A growing company, Papaya Clothing plans for continued expansion in the future. Due to a smaller market size, the fashion retailer offers no corporate job benefits packages. However, both full-time and part-time employees stand eligible for:
- 401(k) plans
- Associate discounts
- Vacation days, and
- In some cases health insurance
Employment benefit availability and eligibility often varies by location and position.
More Information on Papaya Clothing
Since the target group of Papaya Clothing merchandise includes younger generations, the company cultivates a vivacious social media presence. Along with the standard Facebook and Twitter accounts most companies use to reach out to clientele, the fashion retailer actively manages Pinterest and Instagram accounts. The corporation uses the social media sites to promote various sales and products, as well as to host competitions.