Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen boasts roughly 30 locations in the U.S. The restaurant chain focuses operations in major cities, which provides the densely populated areas widespread opportunities for work as cooks, servers, hosts, bussers, and managers.
Facts About Working at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen?)
Available Positions: Host, Hostess, Waiter, Waitress, Dishwasher, Bus Person, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Assistant Kitchen Manager, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Restaurant Manager, General Restaurant Manager, Trainer, Floor Supervisor, Administrative Assistant, Customer Service Representative, Human Resources Associate, Human Resources Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Job Opportunities
Began in 1976, the restaurant chain operates as a one of the largest family-owned businesses in the industry. Alongside several other household restaurants under the Pappas umbrella, Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen promotes Greek hospitality and inviting, family atmospheres. Locations feature homemade food, attentive service, and even dining room furniture made by the chain. The wholesome, delicious business concepts attract thousands of customers annually, which provide ongoing hiring needs and job openings for motivated applicants.
Most of the positions available with the prominent seafood restaurant chain involve aspects of customer service. Even food prep staff answer questions regarding menu items and bus tables as needed during slow periods. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work as part of teams, strong verbal communication skills, consistent work ethics, and dedication to tasks at hand in order to gain employment. Employees showing added motivation often receive promotion into supervisory or managerial roles. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen offers part-time and full-time opportunities in leadership, with upper-level careers providing annual salary options and access to employment benefits packages.
Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Employment and Pay Scales
As an upscale chain of eateries, Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen recognizes the importance of maturity and reliability needed to remain consistent on the job. In order to maintain operations and high levels of service, the Southern-based restaurant requires applicants to stand at least 18 years old at time of hire. Reliable transportation also serves as a means of measuring candidate eligibility. Applicants may choose from the following jobs:
- Throughout each shift, door hosts concentrate efforts on customer service and seating.
- Workers must maintain efficient and feasible seating charts, which requires adept organizational skills.
- Welcoming and bidding patrons farewell also serve as primary functions of the job.
- Associates in the role answer questions about wait times, menu items, and daily specials, as well.
- Prior to opening, door hosts may fold napkins and replenish straws, condiments, and other tabletop adornments.
- Speedy yet friendly and attentive individuals work best in the part-time position.
- Most door hosts earn minimum wage upon hire.
- A general term for any kitchen staff employee, cook represents a part-time or full-time role offering $10.00 to $15.00 per hour, depending on experience, and opportunities to work with food in team settings daily.
- Applicants must take pride in attention to detail and perform tasks quickly at all times.
- Cooks use updated equipment, like broad, commercial stove ranges, high-powered ovens, and large freezer units.
- Pappadeaux Seafood Restaurant makes everything from scratch, and individuals hired on as cooks must possess the culinary skills to prepare meals to specifications using organic ingredients and in timely manners.
- Strong memorization skills often benefit aspiring cooks, as remembering recipes for menu items regularly increases productivity and attractiveness as candidates in the eyes of hiring personnel.
- Another entry-level job title, server ranks as one of the most important positions in terms of customer service and places employees directly in contact with customers.
- Workers must possess friendly, amiable, and outgoing personalities in order to gain employment in the role as well as strong multitasking abilities, the ability to work open schedules, and the patience needed to deal with grievant patrons as situations arise.
- Catering to customer needs, serving food and drinks, submitting meal tickets, and processing payments remain integral job duties for servers.
- Associates may also help doors hosts in rush-prep responsibilities.
- Excellent hygiene and proper dress factor into hiring decisions, as well.
- The average server works part-time, including night, weekend, and holiday shifts, and earns the federal minimum wage for tipped employees.
- With gratuities, servers may take home anywhere between $9.00 and $11.00 per hour.
Tips For Applying
As the need for new workers changes on a regular basis, applicants should call or visit locations in order to find out which jobs stand ready for hire. The popular restaurant issues application forms on-site. Prospective workers may take home the documents or complete and submit applications immediately on location. The interview process largely consists of two interviews, which may take place upon submission of hiring materials if applicants choose to fill out and turn in the forms during a single visit.
Without the ability to apply online, job seekers must call or visit desired locations after submitting the required hiring forms to check on the statuses of applications. The most effective methods, calling or visiting allow for personal contact with management and invite the possibility of immediate decisions regarding employment status. Applicants may also email hiring personnel to check on application statuses; however, the impersonal method may not prove as effective as calling or visiting locations. The family-friendly business concepts employed by the chain often cater to individuals who take initiative and prefer face-to-face confrontation.
Benefits of Working at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen creates warm, inviting, and inclusive work environments complete with flexible scheduling, paid time off, competitive base pay and salary options, and opportunities for continued, compensated training programs. Workers, regardless of hourly or salaried employment status, also receive medical, dental, and life insurance options. In addition, management receive:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Month-to-month dining cards
- Guaranteed five-day work weeks, and
- Vision insurance options.
The chain of restaurants also promotes employee sports teams in local leagues.
More Details on Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
While most patrons probably associate the restaurant chain with exceptional in-house dining options, the prominent eatery also offers full catering services with available delivery. Catering options include on-site grilling capabilities, cocktail and bar services, and full lunch and dinner menus. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen also assists catering customers select live entertainment and decor, upon request.