Prominent retail chain Party City maintains one of the largest networks of party supplies stores in North America. The retailer looks to hire motivated individuals to sell decorations, costumes, food, and party favors out of more than 800 locations internationally. Job seekers regularly find part-time, full-time, and seasonal options for work featuring competitive wages and generous employee benefits.
Facts About Working at Party City
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Party City?)
Available Positions: District manager, Halloween specialist, personalization specialist, retail associate, sales associate, team member
Printable Application: Yes. Print Party City application (PDF) or Search Job Openings.
Party City Employee Interview Videos
Party City Job Opportunities
Like many retail chains, Party City primarily offers customer service-oriented jobs as chief opportunities for employment. Each location employs dozens of workers to interact with customers, offer sales advice, ring up purchases, and stock shelves. A typical entry-level employee works part-time upon hire and moves into full-time roles with experience gained. Seasonal hours may affect overall work schedules for entry-level employees and require the addition of weekend, night, or holiday shifts into traditional 15 to 30-hour part-time schedules.
The party supplies retailer also offers opportunities in management. Career-minded individuals looking to begin long tenures with Party City or simply searching for retail industry experience in leadership positions may take interest in assistant store manager or store manager jobs. The retailer also hires on general managers who oversee operations at multiple locations. Managers work an average of 40 hours per week, with holiday, night, and weekend hours fairly common. Supply chain knowledge and general business acumen work to the advantage of managerial candidates. Additional hiring requirements usually vary by specific job title.
Party City Employment and Pay Scales Information
For entry-level positions, the minimum hiring age for employment rests at 16. Managers typically need to stand at least 18 in order to receive hiring consideration. Jobs available allow for schedule flexibility and room for growth into supervisory or corporate positions in the company head offices. The popular retail chain consistently needs to hire for the following titles:
- A position involving multiple roles within each store, sales associate jobs include cashier, sales, customer service, and stock responsibilities.
- Sales Associates have a starting pay rate of $9.00.
- Memorization skills and basic math abilities put hopefuls at an advantage.
Assistant Store Manager
- Assistant managers take on duties from all around the store, from helping sales associates to the general store manager.
- Assistant managers make an hourly wage of $12.00 on average.
- Organization and patience are great traits for assistant managers to have.
- Daily responsibilities range from coordinating product shipments, staffing entry-level positions, training new-hires, maintaining sales reports, and processing payroll to performing opening and closing procedures, delegating tasks, and enforcing company protocol.
- The salary for store managers is near $45k yearly.
- Candidates should be strong willed along with great supervision skills.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers access Party City jobs online or in store. The electronic hiring form takes candidates through a third-party website to submit forms, while the paper application remains available at each location. Workers need to follow all directives and complete every necessary step as outlined on either form in order to receive formal consideration for employment. Applying online allows workers to easily put in applications at multiple locations at once; however, the paper hiring form provides the opportunity for candidates to speak directly with management upon submission of the completed document. Highlight any previous retail experience in the Work History section of either application, as managers often prefer candidates who require little-to-no training in order to start.
The hiring process for seasonal, part-time, and full-time positions usually only takes about a week to navigate regardless of position desired. Some entry-level seasonal and part-time jobs may only take a few days to undergo full review. Hiring managers typically pull applications immediately upon submission and review candidates in timely fashions. In the event applicants receive no formal job offers after the final hiring session, workers should call or email to check on the status of the outstanding application. A brief phone call or short email to ask about the next step in the hiring process, for example, the interview usually signifies further interest in the job and may help set prospective associates apart from other would-be employees.
Benefits of Working at Party City
As a major employer with hundreds of locations throughout the United States and Canada, Party City provides workers with exceptional pay and ready access to job benefits packages. Workers enjoy in-store discounts, paid training, career development opportunities, and complimentary uniforms at most locations. Qualified employees also receive:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage, and
- Life insurance options.
Franchising may affect employment benefits eligibility and availability.
Further Information on Party City
Halloween, Christmas, St. Patrick’s Day, New Year’s, July 4th, and events like the Super Bowl represent the busiest seasons for Party City locations. In preparation for many major holidays and popular social events, the retail chain hires on additional help temporarily to support existing staffs. Job opportunities available in seasonal or temporary capacities often lead to part-time or full-time employment with the chain. Applicants generally find calls for seasonal workers a few months in advance of major holidays. Access to the seasonal opportunities stands readily available online or through paper forms on hand in store.
If you have any questions about applying you can always CALL and ASK. Just remember to always BE PREPARED and write down any information that may help you make the process easier for you. If you are ever told to bring in your application BE PROFESSIONAL. You never know they might want to interview you on the spot so DRESS ACCORDINGLY.
Oh my goodness. As I’m reading some of these comments I am literally shaking my head.
Here’s a few pointers everyone:
FYI: PARTY CITY DOESN’T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR FAMILY
1. To see the entire application to print it out, click the link where it says Download and Print Party City application. A window should pop up and the full application will be shown.
2. Fill out the application NEATLY. If there’s anything that doesn’t apply to you, write “N/A” in those sections.
3. Research the company a little bit.
4. When you go in to drop off your application with resume attached (optional but helpful), make sure to give it to the manager or assistant manager.
5. Call back after a week and ask to speak to the manager and inquire about the status of your application. If they say they’re not done going over applications yet, call back a week later.
6. If you get called in for an interview get there at least 30 minutes early AND BE DRESSED ACCORDINGLY. NO SANDALS. NO JEANS, NO ATHLETIC SHOES. NO LOW CUT CLOTHING. NO SKINNY JEANS. Men should wear suits with a tie or a dress shirt with a tie and slacks. Women should wear a nice dress shirt or a business suit or skirt with dress shoes or business casual shoes. Make sure your cell phone is on silent.
7. During the interview process make sure you look at the interviewer in the eyes at all times so they know you’re paying attention. Answer the questions with short but simple answers. When the interviewer asks you “Why do you want to work here?” don’t say “because I need a job” lol. Remember you want to be taken SERIOUSLY. If the interviewer asks “Do you have any questions for me?” Ask ” When can I expect to hear from you?” After the interview is over make sure to thank the interviewer for their time.
Okay that’s enough of my rambling. I hope that this can answer any questions you may have had. Have a nice day and happy hunting.
what kind of world do you live in where you think PARTY CITY is a place for business attire? Yes you dress for the job you want but this company at a store level is not a business attire company.