More than 100 Pathmark grocery store locations provide employment to workers across Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Internal promotions, increased customer demand for products and services, and normal employee turnover combine to create new jobs on a routine basis. The regional grocery retailer hires new associates for both entry-level and managerial job openings.
Facts About Working at Pathmark
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Pathmark?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Bakery Associate, Dairy Associate, Deli Associate, Floral Associate, Frozen Food Associate, Seafood Associate, Meat Associate, Health and Beauty Associate, Customer Service Representative, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Pathmark Job Opportunities
Entry-level applicants consistently encounter opportunities for work in one of the many departments each supermarket comprises. Store departments like bakery, dairy, deli, floral, frozen foods, health and beauty, meat and seafood, produce, and liquor all offer entry-level clerk jobs perfect for candidates without much work experience. Each supermarket location also hires job seekers interested in serving customers to work as baggers, cashiers, and service clerks. Pathmark enables prospective associates to apply online for available entry-level jobs.
The regional grocery store chain focuses on training and developing new hires into knowledgeable and productive workers. Upon hire, employees undergo a brief orientation providing new associates with information on how to achieve personal and professional growth within the company. The Northeastern grocery retailer offers several avenues for career advancement, including opportunities for work in management positions, in-store pharmacies, and even corporate offices. Potential workers may search for Pathmark jobs by career field and complete the application form online at the company website.
Pathmark Wages and Positions
Entry-level store associates, like cashiers and clerks, typically work part-time for competitive hourly pay. Managers at the upper levels of the management team generally keep full-time hours and enjoy generous annual salary options. Flexible schedule availability usually serves as a hiring requirement for both part-time and full-time job vacancies, which often include positions like:
Job Description and Duties
- Pathmark hires entry-level job seekers to work as cashiers and serve customers at the front end of supermarkets.
- Primary job duties include greeting shoppers, ringing up purchases, operating cash registers, applying coupons and other applicable discounts, and collecting various forms of payment.
- Cashiers also answer customer inquiries, clean work areas, and bag groceries when necessary.
- Pathmark requires workers to stand at least 16 years of age, although some store locations may impose different hiring age requirements for cashier positions to accommodate alcohol and cigarette sales.
- Prospective cashiers should possess strong interpersonal skills, basic math abilities, and engaging personalities.
- The ability to work flexible schedules, including evenings and weekends, often plays a major role in securing cashier jobs.
Salary and Compensation
- Hourly pay rates for new-hire Pathmark cashiers typically hover around minimum wage.
- Depending on location, experienced cashier employees may earn up to $10.00 an hour.
- Entry-level cashiers often take advantage of on-job training and professional development opportunities to qualify for leadership positions and managerial jobs.
- Career advancement generally comes with annual salary options and comprehensive employment benefits like healthcare coverage, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement plans.
- With more than 130 supermarkets throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, Pathmark ranks among the 75 largest retailers in the country by revenue and regularly needs to hire entry-level cashiers to maintain a prominent position within the grocery industry.
Job Description and Duties
- Although Pathmark may seem like one of the smaller grocery store chains in the industry, the company still looks to hire entry-level store clerks at hundreds of East Coast locations.
- Primary job duties for Pathmark store clerks include maintaining clean working environments.
- On any given day, workers in the position may need to operate cash registers, bag groceries, help shoppers take carry bags to cars, and assist customers looking for items on store shelves.
- In addition to customer service duties, store clerks frequently stock out new merchandise, log in new product shipments, and help build the weekly displays.
- Store clerks must frequently lift and carry various merchandise around the store, so physical ability may influence hiring consideration greatly.
- The ability to follow directions also improves employment odds at Pathmark supermarkets.
Salary and Compensation
- Pathmark grocery stores commonly pay store clerks hourly rates.
- Entry-level and first-time workers usually start earning minimum wage, though more experienced clerks may earn anywhere between $8.00 and $10.00 per hour.
- Full-time workers may earn a little extra over part-time employees, as well.
- Nearly every Pathmark associate enjoys discounts on store merchandise.
- Other work benefits available to eligible employees include paid vacation, personal time, savings accounts, and comprehensive health care, including dental, vision, and general medical coverage.
- Eligibility requirements usually pertain to job title, employment status, and time spent with the company.
- Pathmark looks to hire new and experienced workers into part-time and full-time store clerk jobs with regularity.
- The network of roughly 130 stores stands as an ideal place to find entry-level jobs in the grocery store industry with room for growth.</p
Job Description and Duties
- Pathmark managers oversee all aspects of daily supermarket operations and carefully monitor store performance indicators to ensure financial success.
- Available job titles include shift supervisor, co-manager, and store manager positions.
- The management team hires and trains entry-level workers, develops budgets and sales strategies, delegates work to subordinate employees, maintains proper inventory levels, and strives for storewide customer satisfaction.
- Additional job duties include administrative work like creating employee schedules, processing payroll, and communicating with corporate officials.
- Specific hiring requirements vary by job title but generally include a high school diploma and previous retail management experience.
- College degrees, while not necessary, often prove helpful in obtaining managerial jobs.
- Prospective managers should have excellent planning, organizational, and teambuilding skills, neatly groomed appearances, and the ability to work full-time schedules with possible night, weekend, and holiday hours.
Salary and Compensation
- Pay scales for Pathmark managers vary according to job title, experience, and location.
- Shift supervisors typically earn hourly pay rates between $10.00 and $12.00, while co-managers make an average of $35,000 in annual salary.
- Earnings for store managers often exceed $55,000 per year.
- In addition to competitive salary options, Pathmark management careers feature several employment benefits.
- Eligible employees gain access to healthcare coverage, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, comprehensive training programs, and 401(k) pension plans.
- As one of the largest food retailers in the nation, Pathmark routinely needs to hire experienced workers to fill management positions and maintain growth and profitability.
Tips For Applying
Pathmark grocery stores have convenient and accessible electronic and paper hiring documents hosted by their parent company, Foodtown. Individuals looking for positions must show kind, courteous, and attentive personalities. Application forms may include hypothetical situation-based questions. Job hopefuls should also prepare contact information, education histories, and employment experience. Availability and scheduling come up during the application process, as well.
Lasting about a week, the Pathmark hiring process takes candidates through one or two interviews onsite and culminates in either a job offer or gratitude for applying. Successful applicants may receive job offers within a couple of days, depending on the company’s hiring needs. Workers check application statuses by telephone or email. In-person visits also give job hopefuls the ability to check back with hiring personnel regarding open positions. When speaking with management directly, ask questions related to company culture or potential responsibilities in addition to rank in hiring queues. The added initiative and apparent interest often results in preferential treatment from recruitment staff.
Benefits of Working at Pathmark
Dedicated to creating productive work environments, Pathmark offers fun, supportive, and energetic job settings with opportunities for career and personal growth. Upon hire, associates receive paid training, flexible work schedule options, and generous base pay. Team members may also qualify for employment benefits packages available through parent company A&P. Qualified employees enjoy a wide range of job benefits in addition to competitive salary options and opportunities for career development. Eligible grocery store workers receive paid time off, 401(k) retirement plans, and paid health benefits.
Additional Information on Pathmark
The region in which Pathmark operates allows the grocery retailer to feature products of unmatched freshness. With most stores located within relatively close proximity of the Atlantic Ocean, the supermarket chain boasts the ability to offer seafood freshly caught just 48 to 72 hours prior. In addition to fresh seafood, the Northeastern chain of grocery stores maintains a proprietary line of grain-fed USDA Choice Angus Beef comparable to meats available at fine steakhouses. The grocery retail chain also owns the private label Green Way, which focuses on natural and organic products.