Operating as a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation and serving over two million electric and natural gas customers throughout Pennsylvania, PECO employs over 2,000 employees in mainly call center and field jobs. Continually expanding, new opportunities open regularly with the energy company each day.
Facts About Working at PECO
Minimum Age to Work at PECO: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at PECO?)
PECO Hours of Operation: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at PECO: Customer Service Representative, Administrative Assistant, Troubleman, Engineer, Training Instructor, Operations Training Instructor, Environmental Chemist, General Engineer, Technical Analyst, Mechanical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Staff Auditor, Project Manager, Procurement Specialist, Financial Analyst, Human Resources Generalist, Nuclear Maintenance Technician, Production Technician, Regulatory Engineer, Technical Analyst, Lead Analyst, Field Services Leader, Component Specialist, Engineering Analyst, Accountant, Supply Chain Architect
PECO Job Opportunities
Entry-level occupations with the energy industry company typically fall into customer care and other people-oriented roles. Employees with PECO regularly work in customer service capacities, usually in call centers answering consumer questions, complaints, and completing billing inquiries. Additionally, associates choosing to work in the field may do so as meter readers, lineman, and as mechanics and utility workers. While certain positions only require the minimum hiring requirements, such as a high school diploma or a GED, other positions may necessitate additional experience, education, and certification.
Working for PECO offers employees industry-competitive pay scales, flexible scheduling, and excellent job benefits. Whether seeking full-time employment in career-oriented areas, paid internships through school, or part-time work to help with living expenses, the energy industry leader seeks each type of employee to help the company function efficiently. Utilizing strong interpersonal skills, effective organization and communication, and genuine desire to help others may prove beneficial when seeking employment with the energy subsidiary. Additional screenings, trainings, and possible relocation may prove necessary before earning employment, as well.
PECO Positions and Salary Information
PECO necessitates applicants must stand at least 18 years of age and in possession of high school diplomas in order to apply for positions. Working to serve a wide range of customers and support the efforts of experienced professionals, entry-level applicants typically make ideal candidates for such commonly sought-after positions listed below:
- Reading residential, commercial, and industrial meters while recording registrations, meter readers act as the eyes and ears in the community for the energy company.
- Responsible for reporting defective or irregular equipment, unauthorized changes in meter location, and recording any possible meter tampering, employees must also exhibit an excellent handle on customer interactions.
- A meter reader typically receives training prior to going into the field and should possess a valid driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and the ability to work outdoors in multiple conditions.
- Meter readers may earn up to $22.00 an hour, depending on shift, experience, and tenure.
Customer Care Representative
- Acting as the public face of the energy company, customer care representatives retain responsibility for high-volume daily interaction with both internal and external customers.
- Employees must demonstrate recognition of company-approved solutions and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- In order to qualify for a customer care associate position, an applicant should continually demonstrate determination, professionalism, and an understanding of current customer care techniques.
- A customer care representative may work varied shifts in both full- and part-time capacities and generally earns between $12.00 and $15.00 an hour.
Tips for Applying
PECO offers applicants a straightforward and easy online application process through the company website. Applicants may choose from a listing of available positions and then apply through creating online profiles. By uploading a resume and CV, the profile saves personal information in order to apply for multiple positions at a later time. In order to ensure accuracy, candidates should examine documents before submitting to avoid mistakes, misspellings, and inaccuracies on hiring materials.
After hiring personnel receive online application forms, candidates receive confirmation emails detailing possible next steps in the application process. Human resource officials typically respond via further emails or telephone within two to four weeks of filing to allow applicants opportunity to endure initial screenings. Due to the sheer volume of applications received on a daily basis, not all applicants receive direct communication from human resource personnel. In order to enhance chances with the energy company, multiple applications may prove the most positive way to receive feedback on the status of applications.
Benefits of Working at PECO
From base salary to incentives, health and retirement benefits and other programs remain ways PECO demonstrates good faith toward staffs. The energy company offers both full- and part-time employees access to exceptional health benefits, including both PPOs and HMOs designed for both employee and dependent use. Additionally, eligible employees may gain access to a variety of personal days, paid sick leave, and holiday pay. The company also offers a 401(k) plan with company match in addition to an employee stock purchase plan.
Further Information about PECO
PECO utilizes a variety of ideas and innovations to help reduce the impact and carbon footprint the energy company leaves behind in the environment. The company maintains a commitment to integrate environmentally conscious changes to aspects of the business and uses environmentally safe practices and other green programs at length. The energy leader operates green vehicles at every opportunity, invests in new technologies, and provides new energy-efficient products and services with regularity to clientele. Educational programs sponsored by the utility firm also purvey the company environmental missions.