Peebles operates as a popular, regional department store chain with locations situated primarily throughout the American South, Midwest, and in various states along the East Coast. Applicants often take advantage of the consistent hiring the retail chain performs in order to maintain optimal levels of customer service.
Facts About Working at Peebles
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Peebles?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, General Store Manager, Beauty Advisor, Beauty Counter Manager, Legal Counsel, Buyer, Merchandise Planner, Allocation Analyst, Media Coordinator, Claims and Safety Coordinator, Compensation Analyst, Pricing Accuracy Assistant, Information Center Specialist, Administrative Assistant, Planner, Merchant Training Coordinator, Financial Analyst, Pricing Coordinator, Marketing Analyst, Regional Fragrance Account Coordinator, Area Manager, Human Resources Associate, Loss Prevention Officer, Internal Auditor, Inventory Control Specialist, Staff Accountant
Peebles Job Opportunities
A typical employee starts out as an entry-level sales associate, with opportunities to move into supervisory, managerial, or corporate careers ever-present with the retail chain. Jobs available offer industry-competitive pay scales, paid training, and both part-time and full-time scheduling options. Workers may also choose from employment in various departments within each location, which provides even further diversity in viable career opportunities.
Customer service and sales skills regularly rank as the two most sought-after attributes held by the American retailer. During the hiring process, recruitment personnel screen applicants for excellent communication skills among other traits, like the ability to perform mild to moderate manual labor and provide accurate product descriptions and recommendations. Workers must meet the minimum hiring age of 18 to gain employment as a Peebles employee. Additional requirements vary by position and generally include previous experience; however, entry-level jobs usually only require applicants to meet age restrictions.
Peebles Employment and Pay Scales Information
Peebles locations specialize in clothing for men, women, and children, jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrances, makeup, and home goods. Job seekers interested in part-time, full-time, or supplemental work should apply online through the company website or submit paper applications in store. Positions frequently for hire include:
- A part-time position with options for full-time scheduling over time, sales associate jobs require no previous experience for employment consideration and generally provide between 15 and 30 hours per week.
- Responsibilities include greeting customers, operating cash registers, providing access to fitting rooms, protecting against loss, cleaning and organizing sales floors and backroom areas, and recommending products and services.
- The retail chain expects sales associate employees to exhibit extroverted personalities at all times and to go beyond expectations in customer service.
- Each sales associate pulls in around minimum wage initially and may earn up to $8.00 or $9.00 per hour.
- The position of beauty advisor requires some background in cosmetics and fragrances in order to gain employment.
- Applicants need the ability to recommend product lines and explain differences in makeup types and techniques.
- Individuals with personable attitudes and excellent sales skills also make for ideal beauty advisor candidates.
- The position provides both full-time and part-time opportunities.
- Upon hire, pay scales start out at minimum wage and rise to $9.00 an hour.
- Commission may also factor into hourly pay; however, each location carries different policies on commissions earnings.
- The popular retail chain offers several options for careers in management.
- Individuals may choose from work as supervisors, assistant managers, and store managers.
- Management provides supervisory, sales, shipping, administrative, disciplinary, and organizational support at store locations.
- Specific job duties range from hiring personnel, training new workers, and scheduling employees to compiling sales reports, logging hours, performing opening and closing procedures, and protecting against theft.
- Supervisors often work part-time or full-time, while assistant managers maintain full-time schedules, in most cases.
- Managers also enforce company protocol and procedures.
- The average supervisor earns hourly pay between $9.00 and $10.00.
- Assistant store manager salary options fall around $20,000 to $25,000 per year.
- Store managers typically make in excess of $45,000, with highly qualified individuals eligible for as much as $55,000 in annual pay.
Tips For Applying
Applicants may either submit paper applications or apply online through parent company Stage Stores. Individuals log on to the Stage careers page and select available jobs from clickable menus. Choose the position or positions desired and fill out the required information. The physical, paper applications provided by the retail chain also require personal information, like employment history, education backgrounds, contact information, and hours of availability. Completing the forms in person may increase odds of speaking directly with management prior to interviewing, while submitting the forms online allow for candidates to preview jobs and research positions before making selections and submitting hiring documents.
Individuals in search of entry-level positions usually receive confirmation of hire within a few days of completing the interview process. Many candidates even receive job offers same day. In cases where numerous applicants sit in contention for the same position, workers may experience slight delays in receiving offers of employment. Phone calls or follow-up emails serve as ideal methods of checking in with Peebles hiring staff in order to inquire about application status or standing. Use discretion when contacting management, as many supervisors remain busy throughout given days and calling too much may become a nuisance and hinder or take away from desirability.
Benefits of Working at Peebles
Employees enjoy many industry-standard work benefits upon hire. Competitive pay and regular opportunities for career development provide ample rewards for strong performances. Workers in full-time positions also qualify for:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Vacation pay and holidays off
- Life insurance options, and healthcare coverage.
The retailer usually provides associate discounts on merchandise, although specific discounts sometimes vary by location.
Additional Information on Peebles
Aside from traditional retail sales, Peebles passes savings on to customers through various rewards and service programs. Locations offer discounts to various groups, such as seniors, military personnel, and regular customers. Participants in the different programs may gain as much as 15% off of merchandise as well as available gift cards and Stage credit cards.