Pep Boys serves as a leader in the automotive aftermarket industry. The auto parts company employs workers dedicated to training and developing in provided programs to preserve the brand reputation. Applicants with and without experience may find viable employment options in technical, retail, customer service, and administrative capacities.
Facts About Working at Pep Boys
Minimum Age to Work at Pep Boys: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Pep Boys?)
Pep Boys Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 8:00am-8:00pm; Sun: 9:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Pep Boys: Sales Associate, Technician, Mechanic, Installer, Service Manager, Commercial Sales Manager, Parts Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Commercial Driver, Service Advisor/Writer, Express Service Technician, Service Representative, Warehouse Worker, Order Selector, Forklift Operator, General Warehouse Associate, Corporate Communications Specialist, Purchasing Manager, Store Setup Coordinator, Area Asset Protection Manager, Commercial Development Manager, Fleet/Outside Sales Representative, Automotive Technician/Mechanic, Special Order Coordinator, Director - IT, EP Technician, Buyer, Interactive Marketing Specialist, ASE Master Technician, Express Sales and Service Technician, Internal Auditor, Merchandise Pricing Analyst, Pricing Manager, Warehouse Supervisor
Pep Boys Job Opportunities
Dedicated workers find success applying for positions at Pep Boys, as the company believes in solving customer problems no matter how difficult. Opportunities in various fields of practice and locations exist for job seekers hoping to demonstrate auto body repair, customer service, or leadership skills. Regardless of job field, employees enjoy competitive pay, generous work benefits, and constant access to training and career development programs leading to position advancement.
An assortment of part-time and full-time entry-level positions exist at Pep Boys, including roles within stores, distribution centers, and headquarters. Young or inexperienced hopefuls with the potential to provide outstanding guest relations may choose to pursue a customer service advisor position. More experienced, educated, or physically capable candidates may qualify for warehouse associate or management positions.
Pep Boys Positions and Salary Information
Job seekers hoping to gain employment with the company must stand at least 17 years old. Applicants 18 years old may prove necessary for some positions, including distribution center jobs and management roles, due to physical demands or increased responsibilities. A list of positions frequently available to candidates sits listed below:
- Fulfilling supply orders serves as the most pertinent duty distribution center warehouse associates must perform.
- Timely, efficient, and safe performances prove key when carrying out daily tasks like reviewing supply orders, selecting ordered parts, and transporting tubs and pallets of completed orders.
- Capability of carrying out orders or using motorized equipment for transportation may prove necessary.
- Candidates with high school diplomas and at least six months of prior retail distribution experience may receive preference during the selection process.
- Warehouse associates make between $10.00 and $11.00 per hour.
Customer Service Advisor
- Evaluating customer needs and providing solutions adhering to company processes stand as the top priorities for customer service advisors.
- The position calls for individuals capable of exceeding customer expectations through retail sales, service sales, and performing maintenance and light repairs.
- Hiring managers may favor candidates holding high school diplomas or equivalents and relevant automotive service experience.
- Customer service advisors regularly receive pay between $7.00 and $15.00 an hour.
- Employees in management positions take responsibility for supervising teams of customer service advisors through efforts to serve patrons in addition to solving automotive needs.
- Customer service managers take full-responsibility for the operations of a single location, achieving sales goals, reaching customer satisfaction, and recruiting, hiring, and developing team members.
- Assistant service managers report to and take on responsibilities of the customer service managers when needed.
- The position requires efforts to achieve sales, productivity, and profit objectives.
- While no specific qualifications exist for assistant service manager positions, customer service managers must hold at least two years of college or technical school.
- Assistant service managers generally receive hourly pay between $10.00 and $14.00, while customer service managers enjoy salary rates around $45,000 to $65,000 per year.
Tips For Applying
To apply online, job hopefuls must set aside at least 40 minutes to complete the digital form. A pre-qualification process helps both applicants and the company decide whether the position or candidate seems fitting. The online application form requires users enter social security numbers and birth dates. Applicants uncomfortable with entering personal information may choose to call a customer assistance number, email a hiring support desk address, or visit a desired location of hire to apply in person. Candidates continuing with the online application must willingly authorize the investigation of personal criminal records, driving reports, and pass drug tests. Prior to initiating the job application form, employment hopefuls should gather information about past education and work experience to ensure the process runs smoothly.
Candidates may check on a job status by accessing online accounts created during the application process utilizing a personal pin number. Hiring personnel should contact qualifying applicants within a week or two of receiving hiring materials. Follow-up phone calls or emails to the corporate human resources office or location managers may also prove beneficial to check on application status. Potentials may also find success applying for multiple positions with the company to ensure credentials match desired job descriptions.
Benefits of Working at Pep Boys
Competitive compensation packages and career-advancement opportunities often attract automotive aftermarket workers to Pep Boys.
- The company supplies employees with continuous pre-paid training and development programs.
- Some workers may prove eligible of receiving job benefits packages including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, basic, supplemental, and life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, associate discounts, and voluntary benefits.
More Information on Pep Boys
Pep Boys focuses on developing well-educated and skilled teams by providing various training programs. The leadership development program lasts six weeks and prepares participant for retail and service management roles through instructor-led training, online courses, case studies, web conferences, mentoring, and on-the-job opportunities. Technicians and mechanics receive compensation for efforts to achieve Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications. Other opportunities may include targeted development plans, advanced technical training, and professional and personal development programs.