Pepco Holdings Inc. stands as one of the largest utility providers in the Mid-Atlantic region. The company hires associates to work with subsidiary companies, such as Atlantic City Electric, Pepco Energy Services, and Delmarva Power, to serve nearly two million consumers throughout areas.
Facts About Working at Pepco
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Pepco?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Administrative Assistant, Real Estate Representative, Teller, Customer Care Training Supervisor, Services Coordinator, Audit Manager, Workforce Analyst, NERC Engineer, Lead Engineer, Electric Meter Specialist, Reliability Engineering Analyst, Revenue Protection Investigator, Asset Reliability Planning Manager, Accounting Payroll Supervisor, Accountant, NOC Analyst, Lineman, Engineering Supervisor, Business Analyst, Lead Organizational Effectiveness Consultant, Forecasting and Scheduling Analyst
Pepco Job Opportunities
Individuals with experience working in industrial settings make good employees at utility companies such as Pepco. Many jobs remain technical in nature and require specialized education and training. Prospective employees holding bachelor’s or associate’s degrees in engineering-related fields may find full-time employment and begin promising careers. The minimum age for entry-level employment stands at 18 years, although many roles within the company require workers to possess previous experience.
Electricity and gas remain vital to municipalities of all varieties, and the energy provider stands behind a long reputation of reliable service thanks to teams of skillful, dedicated associates. Pepco values workers who understand progress comes from diverse environments inspiring innovation. Employees who demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and effective communication prove exceptionally valuable to the company. The utility distributor hires new workers to fill front-line jobs and behind-the-scenes roles to keep operations running efficiently and reliably 24/7.
Positions and Salary Options at Pepco
Full-time jobs remain available to prospective employees with educations ranging from high school graduate to four year bachelor’s degrees in computer science. Pepco offers enticing employment benefits packages and competitive pay to full-time and part-time workers. Employees with the skills and experience necessary to fill needed job openings should complete online application forms for the following jobs:
- Prospective associates applying for the position of fleet technician must obtain high school educations or technical diplomas in mechanical repair.
- Maintaining and repairing the fleet of company vehicles and construction equipment, such as cranes, bulldozers, constitutes the bulk of job responsibilities.
- Experience troubleshooting and fixing hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical problems in transportation vehicles and heavy machinery proves valuable to job duties.
- Working with heavy equipment means potential employees must demonstrate extensive experience driving and operating aerial lifts, digger derricks, various types of winches, and forklifts.
- Associates must also prepare to work overtime in the event of emergency situations, including holidays and weekends.
- Maintaining a strong safety record also stands as a necessary job requirement as well as following company policies regarding tool usage and fuel programs.
- Since driving to and from work sites makes up an important part of the job, valid driver’s licenses prove necessary.
- Workers earn pay rates of nearly $42,000 per year.
- Individuals with backgrounds in programming or web development may possess the skills necessary to fill the role of systems architect.
- The position requires prospective workers to hold bachelor’s degrees in computer science or equivalent technical training.
- Designing and maintaining essential computer systems such as regional electric system operations or energy management systems constitutes the main job of a systems architect.
- Essential tasks include data networking, database access, software development, and system maintenance.
- The ability to organize workflow and think in a disciplined, logical manner stands paramount.
- Prospective associates applying for the role of systems architect must demonstrate considerable experience using and designing relational databases, displays using AUTO-CAD or related software, knowledge of the Visual Basic programming language, and familiarity with UNIX operating systems.
- Candidates must pass background checks every seven years and must complete annual training in compliance with NERC regulations.
- Expected salary packages, including employee benefits, come in at around $100,000 per year.
- Systems operators work full-time to monitor and control the electric system 24/7.
- Knowledge of electrical theory and experience handling multiple tasks simultaneously proves important to fulfilling the requirements of the job.
- Associates watch for any disturbances in system conditions and anticipate problems by implementing the proper procedures to deal with emergency situations in safe, reliable, and economic manners.
- Systems operators also contact various state agencies, the U.S. Department of Energy, and other regulatory bodies concerning major disturbances or emergency conditions.
- Additional job duties include dispatching personnel to restore power to service areas, and accurately recording power system operations.
- Qualified associates must possess knowledge of electrical theory, customer service skills, proficiency with computers, and excellent communication skills.
- Candidates must also hold valid driver’s licenses and pass company qualification tests.
- Salary options stand close to $60,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Pepco hires dedicated people to contribute to cultures of excellence. To fill out application forms, individuals may use the company website online. Applicants must undergo criminal history background checks consisting of a seven-year record search for prior felony convictions. Required medical screening for candidates also includes drug tests. Jobs closely related to electrical system operations remain subject to NERC regulations, and prospective workers must submit to additional background checks. Most jobs require applicants to pass job-specific competency tests.
Recruiters may take up to several weeks to finish checking applications for eligible candidates. Applicants may place polite phone calls to ask about application statuses. Remember individuals in charge of the hiring process may work busy schedules and may not return phone calls. After submitting an application, wait for a response via email. Eligible candidates receive invitations to undergo pre-employment background checks, medical screenings, and begin the interview process.
Benefits of Working at Pepco
Pepco wants associates to remain happy, healthy, functioning members of the workforce. The company offers part-time and full time employees a wealth of employment benefits, such as:
- Competitive pay rates
- Paid vacation days
- Basic life insurance
- Healthcare coverage
- Dependent care spending accounts
- Employee assistance programs
- Retirement options
- Such as pension plans and 401(k) plans
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Dental coverage and vision coverage.
The utility provider enhances diversity and inclusion in the workplace and champions individual voices throughout company operations.
More Details on Pepco
With the threat of climate change looming ever larger, Pepco meets the challenge of environmental sustainability and energy reduction goals. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and lowering the carbon footprint of the company remains of high importance. The energy provider partners with state regulators in efforts to advance energy reduction goals as well as develop effective environmental policies.