Petco is a national leader in the sale of pet care products and services. With more than 1,400 locations, the company is always looking to add new workers.
Facts About Working at PETCO
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at PETCO?)
Available Positions: Aquatics specialist, cashier, dog trainer, groomer, merchandise ops specialist, sales associate, stocker
PETCO Employee Interview Videos
Job Opportunities at Petco
Petco employees should be passionate about animals, have great people skills, and be driven to grow and advance in their careers. Fill out an online job application form for part-time, full-time, or seasonal positions.
The company looks for workers who get genuine satisfaction from supporting the relationships between pets and people. Each day, associates offer quick and courteous customer service and advice about the latest food, toys, treats, and care products.
Petco Positions and Salary Information
Applicants should be at least 18 years old and high school diplomas or equivalents are typically required. Ideal candidates will be proficient in math and have above-average communication skills. Below are the most common entry-level positions:
- Also called guest advisors, sales associates at Petco are entry-level workers who provide exceptional customer experiences and handle sales, returns, and exchanges.
- They also ensure the health and well-being of animals in the stores.
- Guest advisors typically earn hourly wages of around $9.00. Read more.
Merchandise Ops Specialist
- Merchandise ops specialists are inventory stockers who assist with unloading, pricing, and stocking merchandise on the sales floor.
- They must be able to frequently lift heavy items and be on their feet for long periods of time, and tend to have pay rates up to $13.00 per hour.
- Petco workers also must be detail-oriented, as they are responsible for completing inventory control paperwork.
Tips for Applying
Job seekers can fill out an application forms online. Also, store locations hold monthly hiring events for those interested with careers at Petco. Attendees get a behind‐the‐scenes look at how the store operates and see various available jobs.
Job application status is housed on the “My Jobpage” tab of the company’s new hire job portal. This is updated throughout the hiring process.
Benefits of Working at Petco
Workers enjoy ongoing opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment. Full-time employees also receive employment benefits such as paid time off, medical insurance, as well as dental and vision care. Other job benefits include:
- Access to the company’s 401(k) plan
- Store discounts, and
- Life insurance.
More Information about Petco
Petco is serious about animal welfare. The Petco Foundation finds homes for more than 400,000 pets each year through its Think Adoption First program. Additionally, the foundation invests in initiatives that make life better for pets and the people who love them.