With a long history of oil procurement, Phillips 66 endures as more than a gas station chain and remains involved in oil refinement, transportation, and production of performance chemicals. Job seekers with all levels of experience may find opportunities with the top-tier Fortune 500 company.
Facts About Working at Phillips 66
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Phillips 66?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Cashier, Gas Station Attendant, Maintenance Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Phillips 66 Job Opportunities
Phillips 66 began the gas station franchise with only one service station in 1927. Growing over time to include full or partial ownership of about 15 oil refineries, the company stands as one of the best in the business and provides jobs for more than 13,000 workers across the globe. Job opportunities prevail in abundant supply for both career-focused and entry-level job seekers. Many of the entry-level positions available remain in the retail gas industry.
In general, fueling stations field numerous customers per day. The daily operations of retailers center on customer needs and aim to provide quality service to secure new and repeat business. Customer service representatives aid the customer experience to reflect the company mission. Needing both social adeptness and a drive to work hard, gas station associates facilitate the success of stores each day.
Phillips 66 Positions and Salary Information
Fueling service centers desire employment seekers legally able to sell alcohol and cigarettes. For most gas stations, individuals must stand at least 18 years of age to work. Although Phillips 66 prefers high school graduates, job seekers who do not possess GEDs may still achieve gainful employment with the company. The entry-level positions readily available to most candidates remain listed below:
- Day-to-day duties for cashiers involve assisting customers with assorted needs, counting money and lottery, maintaining clean work environments, and ensuring shelves remain supplied.
- Cashiers should manage to lift up to 50 pounds as well as stand for the duration of an 8-hour shift.
- Working with the public and often situated in team environments, associates should display exceptional interpersonal skills to stand out from other potential hires.
- Hours range from full- to part-time and may vary between first, second, and third shifts.
- Gas station attendants typically earn minimum wage to start and receive raises and promotions based on performance.
- Shift leaders rank above cashiers and remain responsible for the store in the absence of upper management.
- Assistant managers keep track of store occurrences that sit out of reach of the store managers.
- As salary increases with promotions, assistant managers receive the second largest income within the store.
- Store managers generally bring in about $30,000 to $50,000 yearly, which depends on experience level and sales bonuses.
- Earning the highest income at gas stations, store managers maintain several facets of operations such as counting and ordering inventory, transporting money deposits, handling customer complaints, and maintaining the ability to run the store.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers must apply in-person to any specific Phillips 66 location. Remember to dress appropriately when filling out an application, and compose a list of references along with past work and education histories. Marking open availability garners the attention of hiring personnel and remains one of the best weapons for potential employees. Upon application completion, ask to meet the manager on duty and express interest for the available position. Doing so leaves a positive impression and improves chances for interviews.
Most gas station managers respond to applications within 2 weeks. During interviews, applicants should exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills, as workers who remain shy do not receive job offers. Candidates should either call or follow up in-person with the hiring manager a few days after the interview. Offers for hire typically take place within two weeks following interviews.
Benefits of Working at Phillips 66
Job benefits range widely for eligible employees. Full-time employees regularly enjoy work benefits packages including:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Medical insurance, and
- Life insurance
Additional employee benefits consist of paid time off, sick leave, and disability. Individual retail stores may provide discounts on varied items, which often includes drinks or food. Tips also present a possibility for additional income; however, workers should not expect a high frequency of gratuities.
Further Information about Phillips 66
The oil giant demonstrates dedication to education, environmental stability, and community safety. Phillips 66 supports many educational projects such as the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy and the Boys and Girls Clubs of Houston. Additionally, the company houses a 120-acre woodland with over 67,000 native species of plants and continues to improve the park for a family-oriented atmosphere. Cited as core programs, community safety initiatives, including the Make a Splash project, stand at the forefront of charitable involvement. Beginning in 2009, the oil company and the USA Swimming Foundation continue to campaign for water safety. Touring in over 27 cities, the Make a Splash program facilitates successful swimming education of more than 2 million children and counting.