Pier 1 Imports creates retail jobs for furniture and design-savvy applicants. Founded in 1962, the eclectic retailer hires at over 1,000 locations throughout the United States and Canada.
Facts About Working at Pier 1 Imports
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Pier 1 Imports?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Sales Associate, Department Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Sales Auditor, Retail District Manager, Part-Time Customer Relations Phone Representative, Manager of Records, Distribution Center Supervisor, IT Security Analyst, Administrative Assistant, Records Assistant, Research & Relationship Recruiter, Customer Marketing Manager, Allocations Analyst, Marketing Database Analyst, Transportation Services Coordinator, Direct Visual Merchandiser, Instructional Designer/Facilitator, DC Supervisor, Interactive Merchandising Specialist
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Pier 1 Interview Videos
Pier 1 Imports Employment Opportunities
Occupying a favorable business niche in the specialty furnishings industry, the decor company needs to onboard new workers to keep up with steady consumer demand. Job seekers interested in marketing unique furnishings find lucrative opportunities for work with Pier 1 Imports. The corporation specializes in retailing distinctive and artisan-made merchandise from around the world. Motivated individuals with passions for sales and design sensibilities make ideal candidates for jobs with the retail chain.
Employment with Pier 1 exists in several capacities. The retail stores hire associates continuously to provide superior customer service. Management positions also prove obtainable at boutique locations. Career options, such as job options related to accounting, legal, merchandising, and human resources fields, at the corporate offices remain available in addition to employment opportunities through company call centers.
Pier 1 Imports Jobs and Pay Scales
Entry-level positions and management jobs historically prove the most accessible work opportunities with Pier 1 Imports. Full- and part-time openings become readily available at most hiring locations. Pleasant job environments, industry-competitive salary options, and discounts on desirable merchandise draw new applicants to the retail chain on a steady basis. The company hires candidates 18 years of age and older for the following employment roles:
- Traditionally earning minimum wage, sales associates aid customers in making purchases.
- Employees stock shelves, handle cash and bank card transactions, direct patrons to particular departments or areas of stores, and help guests decide on final merchandise selections.
- Associates must remain knowledgeable about the benefits and prices of available goods to best assist customers with shopping decisions.
- To keep teams staffed with confident and capable workers, the company only hires applicants with at least six months of prior sales or customer service experience.
- With sufficient time and work performance, entry-level employees may advance to sales lead positions.
- Leads help associates close sales with customers, contribute to the overall functioning of store operations, train new staff members, and garner hourly wages of about $11.00.
- Candidates applying directly for sales lead jobs must possess at least one year of previous retail experience, preferably consisting of managerial work.
- Store managers direct all aspects of business at Pier 1 Imports locations.
- Duties may include conducting interviews, managing payroll, disciplining employees, implementing new promotional strategies, and aiding difficult or belligerent customers.
- Candidates should hold bachelor’s degrees in related fields, such as marketing, finance, or business, or possess equivalent managerial field experience.
- Annual salary options hover around $50,000.
- In the absence of store managers, assistant store managers perform a majority of the same duties and hold comparable authority.
- Assistant managers earn about $13.00 per hour.
Tips For Applying
The company seeks applicants with previous retail experience, upbeat personalities, and compatibility with fast-paced job environments. Individuals passionate about design, furnishings, and sales make excellent candidates for Pier 1 retail teams. Write clear and articulate resumes and cover letters to show qualifications for jobs with the chain. Demonstrating customer service skills in interviews and maintaining open availability also greatly benefit prospective employees. Though online applications prove the standard method of seeking work with the company, paper hiring documents may stand available in store locations, as well.
Job hopefuls typically hear back from hiring managers within about two weeks after submitting applications. Candidates may choose to follow up sooner through phone calls, email, or store visits. Visiting Pier 1 outlets in person generally shows the most interest and stands as an accepted method of professional inquiry. However, applicants should take care to respect the pressing duties of staffing personnel. Avoid following up during peak business hours.
Benefits of Working at Pier 1 Imports
Pier 1 Imports jobs feature attractive job benefits for qualified workers. Insurance coverage may include:
- Accidental death and dismemberment, and
- Business travel plans.
Flexible scheduling options and paid time off allow individuals the time to focus on personal and family lives outside of work. In addition, eligible employees receive access to 401(k) retirement plans, stock purchase options, and tuition assistance. Associates also enjoy 25% off on company merchandise.
More Details on Pier 1 Imports
A prominent chain, Pier 1 Imports launches extensive campaigns to promote corporate philanthropy and gives generously on both local and international levels. The retailer partners with UNICEF to help improve the standards of living for needy individuals worldwide. Local programs focus on the Fort Worth, TX, area, as the city houses corporate headquarters for the chain. The company contributes to United Way locations in the region and provides apparel for children at a county elementary school.
Kimberly Gallegos says:
Love this company so much, it was the best decision to apply! Great atmosphere and staff who go above and beyond to help you get hired and settled……. It’s a one of a kind job that you wake up happy to:)!!!!!! Good luck on Applications guys!
Sarah Brown says:
I worked at Pier 1 Imports and really loved it!
I’m working now at the Grove City warehouse and I love the people, hours and the camaraderie! I would love to be more than seasonal, another associate suggested I apply while I’m still here. The management is great, everyone seems so happy,I would really love to be a part of Pier 1 full time.
RACHAEL RUDD says:
I worked for the store in Concord during the Holidays, in 2003 or 2004, I was a greater and helped in the store with many different jobs. I was not trained on the cash register. I would like to apply for a part time position at the Pier 1 in Concord.
I mainly stocked shelves and offered credit cards to customers as they walked in showing the holiday discounts