A network of 170 locations operates under the Pinkberry name internationally. Marketed as a frozen yogurt retailer operating primarily in the ice cream industry, the chain serves dozens of flavors and experiences high volumes of sales in stores throughout the world. Job seekers should encounter little-to-no problem in securing employment with the frozen dessert chain.
Facts About Working at Pinkberry
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Pinkberry?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Assistant Manager, General Manager
Pinkberry Employee Interview Videos
Pinkberry Job Opportunities
Pinkberry locations require motivated and energetic staff members in order to maintain operations. Individuals with dedicated attitudes, vibrant, friendly dispositions, and who demonstrate close attention to detail regularly obtain employment with the ice cream chain. Applicants may choose from part-time jobs requiring no previous experience or careers in management featuring generous salary options and access to employment benefits packages. Each job requires candidates to meet an age minimum of 16. Other hiring requirements vary by franchise recruitment staff.
Many of the positions available with Pinkberry require self-motivated action throughout a given day. Team members and managers maintain sanitary working conditions and dining areas in addition to ensuring customer satisfaction, replenishing spent inventory, and ringing up customer purchases. Associates must also explain menu items and make product recommendations to customers. Individuals who personally enjoy the frozen desserts sold through the ice cream industry chain may receive preferential treatment over applicants without brand knowledge.
Pinkberry Positions and Salary Information
Applicants may find both part-time and full-time ice cream jobs readily available with the global chain. Work available features highly flexible scheduling, opportunities for growth within the company, and generous starting wages. Refer to the following list of positions to find out more on available jobs:
- An entry-level ice cream job, the position of team member encompasses general customer service duties and sanitation responsibilities.
- Team members assist customers in making selections, weigh final products, apply charges, and process payments.
- Friendly, attentive service proves paramount to the success of the frozen yogurt chain.
- Applicants must show personable demeanors during the hiring process in order to work as team members.
- No other real hiring requirements exist for the position.
- Responsibilities render workers standing for several hours at a time and may include some moderate-to-heavy lifting when changing out yogurt dispensers or refilling food trays.
- The mostly part-time position pays minimum wage at time of hire, with increases generally leading to $10.00 per hour, at most.
- Pinkberry managerial careers include both part-time assistant manager positions and full-time general manager jobs.
- Assistant managers may also work full-time, though most full-time slots remain reserved for one or two individuals per location.
- Daily tasks carried out by management include hiring, training, motivating, scheduling, and disciplining workers, as needed.
- Managers also talk directly with company corporate offices to order products, learn about new flavors and marketing initiatives, and report sales data.
- Business backgrounds prove useful for upper-level management roles.
- Most locations require at least some related experience prior to hire and maintain minimum age restrictions limiting available to work to applicants 18 and over.
- High school diplomas might also prove necessary for employment.
- Candidates should exude the same cheerful and positive attitudes expected of team members as well as excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- An assistant manager may start out at $10.00 an hour or so and make up to $13.00 or $14.00 hourly.
- Pay scales increase to average salary options of around $40,000 a year for general managers.
- Some general managers make in excess of $50,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
During the application process, Pinkberry managers look for dedication to health and safety to ensure only quality products reach the customer. Team members make up a bulk of restaurant staff at any given location and provide food-handling and customer service support on a daily basis. Individuals interested in the prevalent job title must commit to friendly, outgoing, and personable attitudes upon hire. The chain uses unique screening methods, including drawing pictures, introducing other applicants in group meetings, and random questions about personal interests. Expect one or two interviews.
The average candidate spends between one and five days undergoing managerial review and participating in job interviews. Immediate staffing needs often result in same-day hiring. Workers using employee referrals also enjoy expedited hiring processes. Pinkberry applicants may use email or in-person visits to submit applications. Managers typically reach out to potential associates via telephone to extend invites for interviews. Invitations may occur in store during application submission, as well. Candidates may use the same methods to follow up on employment documents.
Benefits of Working at Pinkberry
Due to franchising, each location provides unique work benefits to employees. A majority of Pinkberry locations offer discounted pricing on yogurt or other complimentary offerings. Job seekers also encounter paid training, career growth opportunities, and flexible hours. Additional job benefits include:
- Healthcare coverage
- 401(k) plans, and
- Paid time off but generally stand reserved for managerial staff or individuals in corporate careers.
More Details on Pinkberry
In addition to signature flavors, Pinkberry offers catering services. Customers may contact the frozen yogurt chain to set up events featuring signature flavors and toppings sold in-store. Patrons must provide at least 48-hours’ notice prior to intended events. The chain then personally delivers both toppings and frozen yogurt to the desired location. Customers may place catering requests via email or by phone.