Pizza Hut is one of the world's largest and best-known pizza chains. Open since 1958, the restaurant is easy to identify, thanks to it's trademark red roof.
Facts About Working at Pizza Hut
Minimum Age to Work at Pizza Hut: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Pizza Hut?)
Pizza Hut Hours of Operation: Typically open every day: 11:00am-12:00am
Available Positions at Pizza Hut: Assistant, cashier, crew member, delivery driver, manager, server
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Pizza Hut Employee Interview VideosFormer Pizza Hut employees discuss working for Pizza Hut:
Pizza Hut Job Opportunities
No Experience Needed Pizza Hut does not require entry-level job searchers to have any previous experience. The popular pizza chain simply needs to hire on employees with a knack for providing great customer service and a willingness to learn.
Starting Roles and Duties Entry-level employees like team members mainly work inside the restaurant kitchen and dining areas, preparing and serving food. Delivery drivers with Pizza Hut spend most of the time on the road.
Opportunity to Advance
With comprehensive training, great pay, flexible scheduling options, and great employee benefits, Pizza Hut gives associates the necessary tools to succeed both in and out of the workplace. Hardworking employees often earn promotions and advance to upper-level job titles when management positions become available. The pizza chain needs a dedicated team of managers to oversee store operations at each location.
Pizza Hut Positions and Salary Information
Pizza Hut relies on job seekers to fill a litany of positions at more than 10,000 locations worldwide. Applicants need only need to be 16 years of age for entry-level jobs, in most cases. The pizza company frequently accepts applications for the following positions:
- Team members often start work in Pizza Hut kitchens or behind service counters.
- Entry-level team member duties include taking orders over the phone, preparing food items, washing dishes, making pizza dough, cleaning, and completing other assigned tasks.
- Working conditions in the kitchen often prove hectic, and employees may need to withstand higher temperatures near ovens while completing long lists of orders.
- Team members may also need to lift between 25 and 50 pounds when stocking items during slower hours.
- Additional physical requirements may include bending, reaching, and standing on foot for several hours at time.
- Team members typically earn starting pay near minimum wage. Some experienced team members eventually collect hourly pay around $9.00.
- Take a look at the Pizza Hut team member job description & interview video.
- Servers typically work in bistro-style locations.
- Servers take food orders, deliver meals to tables, and ensure customers remain satisfied throughout visits.
- Servers must possess a well-rounded understanding of products sold at the pizza chain in order to give helpful suggestions while assisting patrons.
- Serving positions at many Pizza Hut restaurants pay sub-minimum wage pay rates but allow workers to accept gratuities for quality service.
- On average, servers make between $8.00 and $9.00 per hour after tips.
- Browse the Pizza Hut server job description.
- Workers 18 years or older with great driving records should apply for delivery driver positions at Pizza Hut.
- The job revolves around delivering pizzas, ensuring accuracy of orders leaving the store, and providing friendly service when interacting with customers.
- Drivers must possess rudimentary arithmetic skills and the ability to read a map in order to find each location without issue.
- Associates must also have a reliable automobile, vehicle insurance, and a valid driver’s license.
- Delivery drivers may need to perform team member duties during slow hours.
- Like servers, delivery drivers also accept gratuities for quality service, and hourly pay typically clocks in between minimum wage and $10.00.
- Take a look at the Pizza Hut delivery driver job description.
- Pizza Hut employs experienced leaders to work store manager, assistant store manager, and shift supervisor jobs.
- Managers hire new employees, schedule workers, train crew members, and oversee daily store operations.
- Associates in management positions must possess an innate ability to communicate with employees and foster a fun environment while effectively delegating duties and assuring completion of necessary tasks.
- A manager with the pizza company often earns a starting yearly salary between $20,000 and $60,000, depending on job title, department, and experience.
Tips For Applying
Potential associates should provide honest information on the application form. Write in complete sentences where appropriate and print neatly if filling the application out by hand. Whether applying online or in person, placing a follow-up call within one or two weeks of submitting an application proves an important step in securing stronger hiring consideration with the international pizza chain. When submitting an application in person, try to hand the form to the manager directly and provide a clear introduction along with a firm handshake.
In most cases, prospective associates correspond with recruiting managers over the phone throughout a hiring process that lasts between one and two weeks. Some applicants experience longer waiting times depending on the desired position or the current staffing needs of the location. However, managers may hire candidates on the spot due to staffing shortages or employee referrals. Applicants who communicate the availability to work nights and weekends on the application may complete the hiring process more quickly than candidates who have more constricted work schedules.
Benefits of Working at Pizza Hut
New associates access several job benefits upon hire, which include paid training, free uniforms, and competitive pay. Eligible workers may receive several additional employment benefits, such as:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurances
- 401(k) retirement plans with company match
- Life insurance options
- Bonus programs
- Paid vacation days
- Meal discounts
Additional Information on Pizza Hut
Employment seekers access job openings by going to the official Pizza Hut website, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and clicking on the ‘Careers’ tab. The ‘Careers’ portion of the website proves a fantastic interface for workers to discover job openings, and the company updates the job vacancy list regularly. Workers conveniently search for employment opportunities by job title or location on the Pizza Hut ‘Careers’ page, which also details position qualifications, job descriptions, and information on how to apply. Job hunters may even create a personal profile and sign up for a mailing list to receive consistent updates on job vacancies nearby.