Pizza Ranch holds over 180 independently owned and operated buffet restaurants. Steady growth in the Midwestern and mountainous regions of the United States stimulates the need for full-time and part-time employment on a broad basis.
Facts About Working at Pizza Ranch
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Pizza Ranch?)
Available Positions: Kitchen Crew Member, Cashier, Delivery Driver, Buffet Manager, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Loyalty Marketing Manager, Area Director, Chief Financial Officer
Printable Application: Yes. Print Pizza Ranch application (PDF) or Search Job Openings.
Pizza Ranch Job Opportunities
Founded in Hull, IA, in 1981, Pizza Ranch roots services within Christian morals. The business ministry characteristics of each location equip employees with tools to lead happy and productive lives. Atmospheres of positivity, leadership, and assistance leads to an enjoyable experience for coworkers and customers alike. In line with the mission of the company, workers must provide guests with memorable food and service. Employment seekers dedicated genuine customer care may readily find entry-level jobs.
Pizza Ranch positively impacts people by devotion to family, faith and hospitality. To fulfill such a vision, the company prioritizes care and concern of guests and team members. Employees convey the friendly and down-to-earth nature the pizza chain idealizes. As the franchise operates on a buffet-style and carryout basis, most jobs revolve around kitchen and customer service duties. Enthusiastic individuals aspiring to provide guest-oriented service may find fulfilling career opportunities.
Pizza Ranch Employment and Wages Information
Working for Pizza Ranch encompasses more than just work duties. Employees stop short of nothing to fulfill requests of customers and to support coworkers. No matter the assigned duty, associates contribute to team efforts to provide enjoyable experiences. While restaurant experience remains preferred, no actual experience proves required. Goodhearted individuals aged 16 or older may apply online or in store for the following positions:
Front-End Team Member
- Front-end team members provide a majority of service to customers.
- Safety, buffet coordination and maintenance, dining room cleanliness, and customer accommodation fall under the scope of front-end team member associate responsibilities.
- Interaction between both consumers and coworkers exemplifies the necessity of communication skills.
- Typically, front-end team members make between $7.00 and $9.00 per hour, without accounting for tips earned from great service.
Back-End Team Member
- Most back-end team member positions revolve around food preparation.
- Pizza Ranch offers chicken, salads, desserts, and numerous pizzas in buffet-style settings requiring cross-training of kitchen employees.
- Other duties include processing orders, maintaining buffet food, washing dishes, and cleaning work areas.
- Back-end employees enjoy hourly pay between $7.00 to $9.00; however, wages may increase with tenure.
- Kitchen managers run the day-to-day operations.
- At each location, kitchen managers drive store-level profitability and sales goals by controlling food and labor costs.
- Most importantly, kitchen managers provide genuine care for staff and guests.
- Other desirable skills include effective communication abilities, passion for leading and developing team members, the ability to prioritize multiple situations, and proficiency in computer basics.
- Individuals with high school diplomas or equivalent managerial experience may apply.
- Salary options range from $15,000 to $18,000 a year before performance bonuses.
Tips For Applying
Employment hunters should emphasize high ethical and moral standings as qualities when applying either online or in store. Documenting volunteer work or community involvement on a resume boosts chances of landing an interview, as Pizza Ranch emphasizes helping communities. Because the chain stays open on nights and weekends, signifying open availability further increases likelihood of contact.
Pizza Ranch usually reaches out to applicants within a few days of hiring form submission. Dressing professionally when turning in application forms or arriving at interviews displays positive temperament. Hopefuls should mention willingness to participate in community outreach programs sponsored by Pizza Ranch. Sending thank-you letters as a courtesy demonstrates good intent, as well.
Benefits of Working for Pizza Ranch
In addition to the satisfaction of providing high-quality service to like-minded individuals, employees enjoy a variety of other job benefits. Workers receive merit- and tenure-based pay increases as well as discounted meals, paid time off, and paid vacation. Full-time employees receive:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance, and
- Healthcare coverage.
More Information on Pizza Ranch
The non-profit organization, Ethiopia Reads, furnished two brand-new schools and welcomed 400 first-time students in 2013. Each of the two schools enhance and support existing educational systems due to the proximity to other educational buildings. Restaurants contribute $.50 for every pound of coffee used to the nonprofit outfit. The two schools sit in the same region where Pizza Ranch sources coffee.