With an ever-growing number of members, Planet Fitness continues to expand and promises a judgment-free zone for people in various physical conditions to workout. Individuals pursuing entry-level work and lasting professions alike often find competitive pay and job security with the gym chain.
Facts About Working at Planet Fitness
Minimum Age to Work at Planet Fitness: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Planet Fitness?)
Planet Fitness Hours of Operation: Mon-Thurs: 5:00am-12:00am; Fri: 5:00am-10:00pm; Sat: 8:00am-8:00pm; Sun: 9:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Planet Fitness: Customer Service Representative, Fitness Instructor, Assistant Manager, Manager
Planet Fitness Interview Videos
Planet Fitness Job Opportunities
Planet Fitness boasts over 700 clubs and 5 million members. As a gym franchise on the rise, the company experiences a consistent need for new workers. Individuals with knowledge of the fitness industry or education pertaining to exercise science may receive preference for hire. People new to the workforce may find employment with the gym franchise fitting to launch careers. Associates filling assistant manager and manager positions often start as receptionists or in other entry-level positions.
The company values employee personal growth and supports staff through promotions and other job benefits. Training and seminars persist as available for workers interested in developing industry skills and knowledge of pertinent topics. Furthermore, career opportunities exist in owning franchised locations of Planet Fitness. The fitness center website hosts a page containing start-up information for interested individuals.
Planet Fitness Positions and Salary Options
Most positions necessitate the possession of high school diplomas or the equivalent and a minimum age of 18 years. Additional training and education for certain jobs may prove required before formal employment. Due to regular worker turnover, the following positions consistently remain available:
Member Services Representative
- Individuals interested in member services representative positions enjoy working with diverse groups of people, possess strong problem-solving skills, and retain physical stamina.
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or general office work may earn candidates preference, although entry-level applicants receive consideration for employment, as well.
- Available as a full-time or part-time position, member services representative garners average pay rates of $9.00 to $10.00 an hour.
- Associates filling the position must regularly greet members, manage the front desk, answer questions and phone calls, give tours of the facilities, onboard new members, and help maintain the cleanliness of the equipment and gym.
- Overnight custodian employees must regularly work the third shift, which makes open availability necessary.
- Physically demanding, custodian jobs require the ability to lift up to 80 pounds at a time, deal with exposure to cleaning chemicals, and continually bend, squat, stand, and reach.
- Basic duties include thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing equipment and common areas, stocking bathrooms and locker rooms with paper products and the like, reporting broken equipment, and turning in lost items according to company procedure.
- Hourly wages hover around $10.00.
- Strong leaders capable of multitasking and providing exceptional customer service with upbeat attitudes fare best as assistant managers.
- As the position requires a certain level of responsibility, individuals with previous experience in the fitness industry or in leadership roles receive preference during the hiring process.
- Needed to assist the gym manager with essential duties, assistant managers often assist in the recruiting and training process, maintain welcoming and inclusive atmospheres by demonstrating excellent customer service, schedule staff, supervise the gym in the absence of the manager, resolve customer issues and concerns, sign on new members to help reach goals, order supplies as necessary, and fill in for absent employees.
- Planet Fitness assistant managers earn salary packages ranging from $25,000 to $30,000 a year.
Tips for Applying
The Planet Fitness website allows interested individuals to browse jobs by gym location. Some gyms require candidates to print out the forms to submit in person, while most locations provide an online application. Each job posting features a sidebar where job hunters enter basic contact information, attach resumes and cover letters, and answer questions about qualifications. Checking provided information for correctness ensures candidates appear polished and professional.
Aside from securing definite answers regarding employment, applicants may touch base with hiring personnel to reiterate sincere desire for available positions. The best method of inquiry remains calling or visiting gym locations. Always communicate politely and demonstrate consideration for the time of hiring managers.
Benefits of Working at Planet Fitness
Though full-time and part-time employees receive several work benefits, overall job benefit packages vary based on position. Employees receive free gym memberships, discounts on equipment, paid vacation, and sick leave. Healthcare coverage, which includes:
- Vision and life insurance, and
- 401(k) retirement plans remain available for select employees
More Information on Planet Fitness
Planet Fitness enjoys a partnership with NBC reality show The Biggest Loser. The fitness center provides the gym equipment necessary for contestant training. Additionally, personal trainers of the show execute one of the fitness programs offered by the company known as pe at pf. Locations of the gym franchise appear in select episodes of the show.