With locations in several states ranging from California to New York, PLS Financial boasts a nationwide presence befitting one of the most recognized names in the check cashing and money lending industries. As a result, the company offers nationwide opportunities for employment.
Facts About Working at PLS Financial
Minimum Age to Work at PLS Financial: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at PLS Financial?)
PLS Financial Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Available Positions at PLS Financial: Customer Service Representative, Loan Specialist, Collector, Assistant Manager, Branch Manager
PLS Financial Job Opportunities
Consistently included on published lists of the fastest-growing private companies and best organizations to work for, PLS Financial constantly looks for qualified candidates to add to a workforce of more than 3,000 employees. Job seekers with previous customer service experience, flexible schedule availability, and strong multitasking skills generally demonstrate fulfillment of the qualifications the financial services provider deems most preferable when hiring for entry-level positions. The rapidly growing company also hires career professionals with prior management experience in the financial services industry or other acceptable fields, such as foodservice, hospitality, and retail, to work as supervisors.
Managers and entry-level associates work at each of the more than 300 service centers PLS Financial operates across California, Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi, New York, Texas, and Wisconsin. Each location focuses on a specific type of financial service, which creates a distinct work environment and specialized job duties for employees. The employer categorizes the service centers as either loan stores or check cashers. Workers at loan stores process requests for microloans and prepare tax forms for customers, while associates at check cashers oversee transactions for bill payments, check cashing, money orders, and wire transfers. Certain locations even offer financial services related to vehicle license and registration as well as real estate investments.
PLS Financial Positions and Salary Information
Hired to deliver exceptional customer service, PLS Financial employees receive the training and support necessary for professional growth and development. As a rapidly expanding company, the employer provides abundant opportunities for career advancement by filling managerial and corporate job vacancies from within in addition to recruiting external candidates. Longtime associates often start out in the following positions:
Customer Service Representative
- Commonly shortened to CSR, the position of customer service representative involves communicating with the public, selling products and services, and maintaining company standards regarding quality.
- The entry-level job serves as the main point of contact for customers and demands the ability, willingness, and comfort level necessary to interact with others on a regular basis.
- Customer service representatives mainly provide assistance with various transactions, such as cashing checks, transferring money, processing money orders, making bill payments, securing short-term loans, and preparing tax forms.
- CSRs also explain and promote the different products and services PLS Financial offers.
- The financial services provider prefers to hire CSRs with previous customer service experience and the ability to work combinations of mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Customer service jobs typically pay between $9.00 and $11.00 an hour.
- Split between assistant managers and the store manager, managerial job duties entail the fulfillment of storewide goals and objectives related to customer service, sales, and general business operations.
- Assistant managers perform the duties of CSRs in addition to assisting the store manager, who holds primary responsibility for establishing the goals of the store as well as hiring, training, and motivating entry-level associates.
- Both types of management positions also feature responsibilities pertaining to the implementation of customer service, marketing, and selling strategies and the supervision and development of subordinate employees.
- In addition to previous management experience, prospective managers need to possess the ability to form positive business relationships with customers, the desire to exceed corporate expectations, and the willingness to provide active leadership focused on collaboration.
- Hourly pay for assistant managers generally hovers around $13.00 or $14.00, while annual salary options for store managers often exceed $40,000.
Tips For Applying
Candidates applying for PLS Financial jobs encounter a simple application process completed entirely online. After selecting positions from the list of currently available jobs found at the company careers webpage, applicants must click the button marked Apply Now to begin the process. Applying for employment simply consists of entering the name and email address of the applicant before uploading or copying and pasting a resume to complete the online form. Prior to submitting resumes, candidates should tailor the documents to desired positions by reading job descriptions carefully and making sure to include provable facts demonstrating fulfillment of the most important hiring requirements. To strengthen applications further, job seekers may choose to include cover letters, which should state personal cases for wanting available positions and enhance resumes.
While many online application systems allow returning users to log in and check the statuses of previous submissions, applicants may also want to make stronger impressions by calling or visiting PLS Financial personally. For optimal results, candidates should direct follow-up questions specifically to managers responsible for hiring. In addition to procuring valuable information regarding the hiring timeline, following up on an application often shows initiative, motivation, and possibly unmatched desire for the job. Regardless of the method, follow-up contact should occur sparingly and adhere to any instructions or guidelines given by the potential employer.
Benefits of Working at PLS Financial
PLS Financial offers various job benefits to enrich the physical and financial health of employees. Health benefits include general medical coverage, dental insurance, and vision plans. Workers may take advantage of opportunities for community involvement, as well. Eligible associates also enjoy financial benefits, such as bonus opportunities and 401(k) retirement plans with company-matched contributions.
Additional Information on PLS Financial
Headquartered in the Midwest, PLS Financial Services operates from California to New York and maintains over 300 locations. The PLS in the business name stands for people, location, and service and refers to the three entities which distinguish the company from competitors. Customers come to the company for services related to check cashing, loans, tax preparation, vehicle licenses and registration, and real estate. Most locations offering check cashing services remain open for 24 hours each day. Every year on Arbor Day, the financial services provider plants a tree for each associate employed by the company. Since 2008, the total number of trees planted in honor of the environmentally friendly holiday exceeds 12,000.