Founded in 1948, Ports Petroleum is a family owned wholesaler and transporter of petroleum products located in Wooster, OH. The company supplies clients such as gas stations, government facilities, truck stops, and convenience stores across the United States with oil and gas services.
Facts About Working at Ports Petroleum
Hiring Age: 18 (most positions), 23 (driver) years old (How old do you have to be to work at Ports Petroleum?)
Available Positions: Driver, fuel sales, customer service, dispatch, sales associate, shift manager
Ports Petroleum Job Opportunities
Ports Petroleum has many departments that regularly hire, namely truck driving jobs. From logistics and up to corporate, there are many ways to expand various skill sets and achieve gainful employment. Also, the corporation owns and operates Fuel Mart locations in several states. So, job hopefuls with customer service experience have employment options as well.
Ports Petroleum deals in hazardous materials. Therefore, previous training in this industry is an advantage. Two years of recent CDL Class A experience, hazmat endorsement, a good driving record, and criminal background check are common requirements for drivers. Retail work meanwhile demands minimal previous training as on-site job training is the norm.
Ports Petroleum offers potential growth, in both transportation, logistics, and retail. With many distinct branches to the business, it’s possible to increase skills for different careers such as commercial truck driver. Chances to advance from part-time jobs or change departments are options.
Employment and Salary Information for Ports Petroleum
As an expanding company that employs approximately 500 workers, Ports Petroleum routinely fills new roles with ambitious and talented candidates. Below are a few typical entry-level truck driving jobs prospects can find:
Fuel Transport Driver
- These staff members transport and deliver fuel to businesses throughout Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
- New hires earn a pay rate around $19.00-21.00 per hour.
- Must have the ability to sit for extended hours. Deliveries need fulfilled on schedule, so being prompt is a must.
Tank Wagon Driver
- Work in a well-defined territory Monday through Friday, delivering fuel to local retailers.
- These truck drivers should have strong knowledge of local highways and routes to increase efficiency.
- For this position, workers throughout the industry typically earn about $18.00.
- Associates drive trucks to and from local businesses, delivering Diesel Exhaust Fuel (DEF).
- The truck driver salary for this position ranges from $19.00-21.00 per hour.
- Similar to other shipping and delivery careers, prospects need the capacity to drive for long hours. They must also be punctual and courteous upon arrival to businesses. Knowledge relevant to proper DEF storage and corresponding safety precautions offer an advantage over other applicants.
Tips for Applying
Ports Petroleum’s website is one resource to use while seeking work. The brand’s career opportunities page keeps an updated list of the open positions in a variety of locations. Next, hopefuls can apply online for the tasks they feel most capable of performing. Expect to take about twenty minutes when filling out a job application.
Candidates should hear from hiring managers a few weeks after the application form’s submission. The company will make contact to set up an interview via telephone or email address.
Benefits of Working at Ports Petroleum
There are many employment benefits to becoming a Ports Petroleum associate. Full-time truck drivers, retail, and office workers enjoy:
- Healthcare coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) retirement plan
A few secondary job benefits include:
- Monthly safety bonus
- Annual performance bonus
- Paid uniforms
- Paid training
Further Ports Petroleum Information
Ports Petroleum maintains a collection of in-depth tutorial videos. These are an excellent resource for those potential employees and customers. They share information about the company’s newest products and how to use them.