PostNet locations offer printing, copying, shipping, graphic design, mailbox rentals, and notary services. With more than 800 centers worldwide, potential employees find entry-level opportunities in customer service. Corporate and franchised locations regularly accept applications.
Facts About Working at PostNet
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at PostNet?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Administrative Assistant, Cashier, Assistant Manager, Manager, Administrator, Franchise Supporter, Customer Service Representative, Franchise Developer, Store Developer, Accountant, Human Resources Associate
PostNet Employment Opportunities
In addition to the almost 300 PostNets in the United States, the company maintains locations in South Africa, Canada, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Colombia, and a few other countries. The establishment opened shop in 1992 by founders Steven Greenbaum and Brian Spindel, who began franchising a year later in 1993. Employees enjoy flexible scheduling with part-time and full-time hours. Unlike most retailers, centers stay open only half-days on Saturdays and close on Sundays. Associates assist a variety of customers ranging from business owners and professionals to individuals looking for passports or wedding invitations.
Guided by unwavering commitment and passion for the postal business, the company experiences ongoing success. Managers lead with clarity and purpose by communicating expectations to workers. Employees greet customers with smiles and execute service with can-do attitudes. Associates show up ready to work and participate in becoming part of the organization. Candidates should exhibit thoughtfulness and consideration for others. PostNet operations flourish with unity and comradery, and applicants should demonstrate the ability to thrive and continuously improve in the workplace.
PostNet Jobs and Wages Information
Previous experience increases the likelihood of gaining employment. Applicants should possess high school diplomas or equivalents. Certain positions call for advanced education; however, relevant experience generally outweighs degrees. Communication skills help associates achieve customer satisfaction and prove necessary for most positions. Successful applicants show interests in design and customer service. Openings frequently become available in the following positions:
Customer Service Representative
- Customer service representatives assist customers with products and services.
- Employees operate point-of-sale systems, printers, copiers, rental computers, and other equipment.
- Workers actively participate in marketing and promotional initiatives by up-selling and cross-selling.
- Salary packages range from $10.00 to $11.00 an hour with one year of customer service experience preferred.
- Representatives must communicate effectively over the phone and in person.
- Standing for long hours and lifting up to 50 pounds comes along with the job, as well.
- On occasion, workers may count inventory and open or close stores.
Financial Support Representative
- Entry-level representatives enjoy hourly wages of $13.00 to $14.00, depending on prerequisite skills.
- Employees support franchise owners with financial services, such as bookkeeping, business planning, financial analysis, and QuickBooks training.
- Workers also analyze, educate, and recommend changes to policies and procedures.
- Recruiters prefer individuals to hold bachelor’s degrees in finance or accounting; however, equivalent experience eliminates the requirement.
- The ability to problem solve and handle multiple projects stands favorable.
- Hopefuls should also communicate in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Working directly with customers, designers create promotional materials to satisfy the needs of clients.
- Employees may design multimedia presentations, banners, newsletters, flyers, signs, posters, and business cards.
- One year of experience in graphic design and desktop publishing proves mandatory.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Design, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word remains preferred.
- Graphic designers also engage in sales transactions and process shipping and packaging requests.
- Customers may need assistance in person or by phone and email.
- Occasionally, associates need to operate vehicles and must possess valid driver’s licenses with clean driving records.
- Pay rates start at $11.00 an hour for applicants with limited experience.
Tips For Applying
Interested candidates find available positions listed through the company webpage and other career sites. Applicants email resumes and cover letters to appropriate email addresses. Other career sites allow users to submit previously created profiles. Ideally, job seekers should apply in person and ask to speak with hiring managers or owners. Hopefuls should present resumes and prepare to fill out application forms. Hiring leaders may interview on-the-spot if candidates appear promising. Applications should demonstrate relevant experience and education.
Hiring processes may take up to four weeks when applying online. Applicants generally receive phone calls setting up in-person interviews. If applying face-to-face, hiring representatives usually schedule an interview within a few days. Managers may ask candidates to fill out applications upon arrival. When following up, individuals should go to locations of interest and speak with coworkers and managers. Employment hopefuls reveal communication skills and professionalism during visits. Thank-you letters or emails should follow phone and in-person interviews. Assertive contenders should reapply in a few weeks if current positions become filled.
Benefits of Working for PostNet
The company creates pleasant work environments in order to satisfy the needs of customers and employees. Owners give workers top-notch employment benefits to encourage positive morale among staff. Along with competitive wages, the workforce receives paid time off and vacations. Workers also earn bonuses throughout the year for demonstrating excellent service.
- Eligible individuals receive healthcare coverage to include vision, dental, and medical insurance, as well.
- Corporate and franchised locations range in available job benefits; however, both offer flexible work schedules and Sundays off.
- Most branches offer family atmospheres with only a few employees.
More Information on PostNet
A top franchise opportunity for over 20 consecutive years, PostNet maintains high levels of owner satisfaction. Individuals get started with total investments of $167,000 to $205,000, which includes working capital. Often other printing franchises cost double or triple the amount and offer the same services. A wide range of printing services stand available without a lot of specialized equipment. As a result, franchisees experience lower startup costs. A few pieces of equipment remain accessible for in-house printing; however, outsourced partnerships handle most customer requests. The business model allows families to work together to build dreams, and many husband-wife, father-son, and mother-daughter teams serve as franchise owner-operators. Owners often enjoy profit margins of over 70%. With typical business hours of Monday through Friday and half days on Saturdays, franchisees get to enjoy a comfortable work-life balance.