Pottery Barn offers wide arrays of home decor products suitable for indoors and outdoors. Passionate individuals seeking hire may find lucrative entry-level employment in retail and customer service or careers in corporate offices and in managerial positions.
Facts About Working at Pottery Barn
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Pottery Barn?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Customer Care Associate, Administrator, Auditor, Accountant, Human Resources Associate, Information Technology Associate, Merchandise Planner, Loss Prevention Agent, Marketer, Product Developer, Visual Merchandiser
Pottery Barn Job Opportunities
Founded in 1949, Pottery Barn consistently grows as a company, with locations spanning the United States, Canada, Middle East, Australia, and Philippines. Additionally, the home decor supplier ships to over 90 countries around the world. To keep up with the expansive consumer base, the company consistently needs intelligent, imaginative, and self-starting individuals to fill available jobs. Workers with previous employment in or knowledge of retail, customer service, design, and information technology fields make ideal candidates for corporate, entry-level, and managerial jobs with the retailer.
Individuals with little-to-no work experience may build careers with Pottery Barn, as well. The company actively seeks candidates passionate about learning and serving customers. The core principles of the retailer include comfort, quality, style, and value. Friendly individuals able to put customers at ease and enthusiastically promote products become valuable assets to the corporation. Leadership qualities and strong desires to work as part of diverse teams also earn job candidates favor with hiring personnel.
Pottery Barn Positions and Salary Information
Whether interested in corporate, design, or entry-level positions with Pottery Barn, job candidates should stand at least 18 years of age. Additionally, most work available with the company requires applicants to possess high school diplomas or equivalents. Attainable part-time and full-time positions include:
- Sales associates must provide exceptional services to ensure every customer enjoys a pleasant shopping experience.
- Job candidates should possess excellent customer service skills, polite and amiable work demeanors, and working knowledge of product lines.
- Sales associates make average hourly wages of $10.00.
- Regular shift duties include replenishing merchandise, making customers feel welcome, responding to questions and concerns, maintaining the overall presentation of store locations, manning cash registers and checkout areas, and promoting sales or special customer programs.
- Interested individuals with open availability and in good physical condition may receive preference during the hiring process.
- Candidates for assistant manager jobs must possess one to three years of retail experience to receive consideration.
- Hiring managers also prefer applicants hold college degrees and prior work as supervisors, though neither condition stands required to obtain hire.
- Responsibilities prescribed to the position include setting examples for subordinates, contributing to the sales goals of stores, exemplifying customer service excellence, seeking out and training new associates, giving feedback to employees, taking inventory, filling in for store managers as necessary, and performing various cleaning tasks.
- Assistant managers often work long shifts.
- Interested individuals should offer open availability to receive hiring favor.
- Computer proficiency, the ability to lift up to 75 pounds, and exceptional organizational skills may benefit job candidates, as well.
- Assistant managers earn salary packages of about $48,000 to $55,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Individuals interested in pursuing work with Pottery Barn may register with the job hosting platform on the corporate website to submit applications. Users maintain the option of connecting to LinkedIn or Facebook profiles to expedite the process. Additionally, collecting information about past employers, polishing resumes to highlight pertinent experiences and skills, and keeping educational history accessible may speed up the process. Applicants regularly benefit from checking provided information for accuracy and proficiency.
Checking on the status of submitted applications may prove advantageous for applicants. Calling hiring managers, emailing personnel, or visiting stores demonstrates initiative and true desire for available work. Generally, due to high rates of turnover, job candidates receive callbacks within one to two weeks after submitting applications. Applicants fare best contacting managers a few days after applying. Communications should remain polite and respectful. Additionally, when visiting stores, job candidates should dress well in case of on-the-spot interviews.
Benefits of Working at Pottery Barn
As a prosperous brand, Pottery Barn offers comprehensive work benefits to full-time and part-time employees. 401(k) retirement plans, associate discounts, stock purchase plans, paid time off, and paid holidays stand available for eligible workers. Company healthcare coverage includes:
- Dependent coverage
- Short- and long-term disability, and
- Life insurance.
Additionally, employees enjoy competitive wages and frequent opportunities for advancement.
More Information on Pottery Barn
Pottery Barn implements a three-tiered sustainability policy, which focuses on company products, daily operations, and surrounding communities. Environmentally friendly products include items made from Forest Stewardship Council, or FSC, certified wood, organic cotton, recycled materials, and reclaimed materials. The company also prints catalogs on FSC-certified paper. To ensure daily operations leave minimal impact on the environment, the company retrofits lighting systems at locations, uses sustainable construction materials, and utilizes fuel cell power-generating systems to power the corporate data center. Additionally, the company donates millions of dollars every year to worthy causes, such as AIDS walks, shelters for at risk youths, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.