Open since 1991 and expanding into new territories both stateside and around the world, Pretzelmaker offers a variety of entry-level and managerial opportunities. With over 360 locations, The chain provides obtainable jobs with little-to-no resistance based on previous qualifications.
Facts About Working at Pretzelmaker
Minimum Age to Work at Pretzelmaker: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Pretzelmaker?)
Pretzelmaker Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 11:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Pretzelmaker: Cashier, Pretzel Maker, Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, Manager
Pretzelmaker Job Opportunities
Offering patrons numerous products for consumption, the Pretzelmaker menu includes fresh-baked and twisted pretzels, specialty flavored pretzels, pretzel hot dogs, and a variety of drink options. As a franchiser, each store provides countless job opportunities, though specific hiring needs may depend on each location. Employees with the specialty foods industry leader display an affinity for working in team environments, the ability to perform customer-service related tasks, and flexible availabilities, including nights and weekends. Upbeat, friendly, and motivated individuals tend to represent the most frequently sought-after workers, as interacting with the public remains a must.
Operating in shopping malls, as standalone kiosks in high traffic areas, and as franchised stores in commercial districts, Pretzelmaker routinely receives consistent customer flow. With a variety of specialty products available, the company hires on new staff willing to learn, follow direction, and with desires to serve the public. The most commonly available position with the company remains the sales associate role. In charge of multiple duties to ensure production, sales, secure transactions, and general cleanliness, associates work counters in part-time roles. Management typically oversees subordinate workers and performs administrative work. Most supervisor roles tend to necessitate additional experiences and education in order to receive hiring consideration.
Pretzelmaker Positions and Salary Information
The minimum hiring age for Pretzelmaker stands at 16, which renders most available roles perfect for teens seeking after-school employment as well as part-time workers seeking additional income and flexible scheduling. Career opportunities persist as well, as the company regularly promotes from within. The most readily-available positions sit below:
- Typically working in cashiering capacities, counter associates take customer orders, deliver food and beverage requests, take various forms of payment, and issue correct change.
- Crew members must maintain knowledge of current products and promotions available while providing exceptional service.
- Other duties may include general housekeeping, stocking work areas, and assisting in the production of pretzels and other menu items.
- Counter associates may earn promotions to shift leader jobs with tenure and further experience.
- The starting hourly wage for counter associates stands at around $8.50.
- Responsible for the preparation of menu options, pretzel makers must understand and produce products with consistency and regularly meet company expectations.
- Tasks include preparing dough, rolling and twisting pretzels with efficiency and speed, dipping, shaping, and salting pretzels for sale, and monitoring ovens for correct baking time and product appearance.
- In addition, pretzel makers may need to make promotional items and specialty pretzels.
- Set up and breakdown of equipment on a daily basis, in concordance with properly cleaning and maintenance of equipment, proves a daily task, as well.
- Pretzel makers earn around $9.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Currently, Pretzelmaker offers no online application form in order to apply for available openings. The company encourages interested applicants to visit hiring locations of choice and fill out standard paper applications. In order to expedite and streamline the process, aspirants should gather hiring information beforehand. Such information usually entails previous work experiences, education backgrounds, and current contact information. In order to make an impression on location supervisors, ask to hand in applications directly to hiring managers, if possible.
As each store remains a separate franchise, hiring needs may vary from location to location. Nevertheless, managers tend to return requests for hiring via phone or email within one to two weeks of receiving applications. Applicants desiring more direct approaches may decide to visit hiring locations in person in order to voice genuine interests and desires for current openings. While confidence remains admirable, make sure to visit locations during traditionally slow hours so as to not interrupt daily business.
Benefits of Working at Pretzelmaker
Pretzelmaker offers competitive pay ranges, accommodating schedules, and paid training to employees immediately upon hire. Workers may also receive meal discounts, paid uniform allowances, and holiday pay. Full-time employees regularly enjoy enrollment in company-wide 401(k) retirement plans and healthcare options, such as medical, dental, and vision coverages. Depending on franchise location, employees may also enjoy paid time off, vacation time, and tuition assistance.
Additional Information about Pretzelmaker
The specialty food chain offers visitors to the company website easy access to store locations, menus, and opportunities for franchising. Customers may also join mailing lists offering news on new products, exclusive offers, birthday specials, and coupons. Additionally, patrons may opt to download specialized ringtones featuring music made especially for the pretzel chain.