Specializing in offering lower everyday prices to grocery shoppers throughout the New England and Mid-Atlantic regions, PriceRite needs workers to keep stores clean, inviting, and stocked with the inexpensive merchandise customers expect from the supermarket chain. The discount grocery retailer hires new associates constantly as the chain continues to grow across Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.
Facts About Working at PriceRite
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at PriceRite?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Produce Associate, Meat Cutter, Market Team Member, Deli Associate, Deli Manager, Bakery Associate, Bakery Manager, Frozen Food Associate, Dairy Associate, Guest Services Associate, Front End Sales Assistant, Grocery Sales Manager, Head Grocery Associate, DSD Receiver, Customer Service Associate, Retail Pricing Coordinator, Specialty Merchandise Associate, Customer Service Manager, Warehouse Shipping Representative, Warehouse Shipping Manager, Market Sales Manager, Forklift Operator, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Seafood Associate, Market Associate, Cake Decorator, Truck Driver, Forklift Mechanic, Seafood Sales Manager, Bilingual Sales Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
PriceRite Employment Opportunities
As part of an expanding retail chain, PriceRite supermarkets carry out the frequent hiring of employees to fill newly created as well as recently vacated jobs. Ranging from part-time positions to full-time careers, regularly available employment opportunities fit the schedule and professional background of virtually any job seeker. Part-time job openings usually entail entry-level work, while full-time vacancies often denote management positions. Candidates interested in working for the growing chain of grocery stores should apply online either by position or location.
PriceRite hires entry-level applicants to work as cashiers, clerks, porters, and receivers. The entry-level jobs generally entail various combinations of providing customer assistance, stocking products, and maintaining store appearances. Each supermarket location also hires teams of managers involved in hiring and supervising crew members, delegating work, and ensuring achievement of outlined sales goals. Aspiring managers must usually meet increased hiring requirements, with successful candidates reaping the rewards of lucrative annual salary options and extensive employment benefits.
PriceRite Jobs and Salary Options
Entry-level and managerial employees alike enjoy a stimulating work environment, flexible schedules, training programs, and career growth potential. PriceRite makes sure each associate receives the knowledge, tools, and support needed to work successfully in the discount grocery retail industry. Interested candidates at least 16 years of age should fill out the online job application form to learn more about available employment opportunities, such as:
Job Description and Duties
- An entry-level position, PriceRite stock clerk jobs involve performing manual labor on a regular basis.
- Applicants must stand in good health and possess the ability to comfortably lift heavy objects for extended periods of time in order to gain hiring consideration.
- Typical job duties include breaking down shipment packaging, receiving shipment and loading delivery trucks, stocking shelves, arranging and organizing displays, and some general maintenance.
- The minimum hiring age for employment consideration falls around 16-years old.
- Additional hiring requirements often center on physical abilities and work ethics.
- PriceRite stock clerks may need to perform sales associate and cashier duties, as needed.
Salary and Compensation
- Base pay typically begins at minimum wage for PriceRite stock clerk workers.
- Associates with previous, related work experience may receive higher entry-level base pay.
- The average stock clerk earns around $8.00 per hour.
- Career paths featuring paid training and professional development stand readily available for motivated stock clerk employees.
- Workers may also take advantage of employment benefits packages consisting of healthcare coverage, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement plans.
- PriceRite associates must meet eligibility requirements in order to receive employee benefits.
- Most employees, including both entry-level workers and career professionals, enjoy discounts on products and services.
- PriceRite stores operate in densely populated areas of New England and other eastern states.
- The supermarket chain operates a network of approximately 50 locations and provides thousands of easily accessible job opportunities for applicants interested in grocery store industry work.
Job Description and Duties
- Supermarket chain PriceRite has new positions opening on a regular basis.
- Job seekers, especially entry-level workers, often find employment at PriceRite stores.
- Many new associates with PriceRite start as cashiers and baggers.
- Basically, job requirements for cashier positions revolve around scanning, ringing up, and bagging all customer purchases coming through the checkout line.
- Employees must learn to operate an electronic checkout system and perform several cash-handling duties.
- Generally, many PriceRite locations hire cashiers as young as 16, though older applicants often receive increased hiring consideration.
Salary and Compensation
- With most employees holding entry-level career status, pay scales for PriceRite cashiers commonly start around minimum wage.
- Experienced grocery store workers enjoy increases in salary, as the company offers regular pay raises.
- Many PriceRite stores offer several promotions and incentives that increase take-home pay for cashiers, as well.
- To keep employees happy and healthy, PriceRite offers comprehensive work benefits like vacation time, flexible schedules, discounts on merchandise, and weekly paychecks.
- Eligible workers also take advantage of several health and wellness benefits, up to and including medical, vision, and dental insurance, disability coverage, and 401(k) retirement programs.
- Residents of Connecticut, Maryland, Rhode Island, and other Northeastern states enjoy easy access to dozens of local PriceRite grocery stores hiring for cashier jobs .
Job Description and Duties
- Entry-level PriceRite associates often receive promotion into supervisory or managerial roles within the company.
- PriceRite also uses the hiring process to scout for outside managerial and supervisory talent.
- In order to qualify for work as a PriceRite manager, candidates must stand at least 18 years of age, hold high school diplomas, and possess previous related experience in retail or as a manager.
- Hiring requirements also include several behavioral characteristics, such as strong leadership and motivational qualities, the ability to handle high-stress situations, and effective delegation and organizational methods.
- Primary job duties include maintaining and tracking inventory, driving sales, supervising entry-level employees, setting schedules, processing payroll, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- PriceRite managers also carry out entry-level job duties, such as sales and stock, as needed.
Salary and Compensation
- Introductory wages for PriceRite manager begin at $10.00 per hour for supervisors and range up to $25,000 base salary for assistant manager.
- Store managers often start out at $35,000 or $40,000 per year, with experienced managerial associates earning salary options as much as $50,000 a year.
- PriceRite provides paid training programs to assist motivated workers assume managerial positions and offers further professional development for full-time employees to build skills necessary for the ever-changing supermarket and retail industries.
- PriceRite managers also enjoy employment benefits packages consisting of future planning assistance like 401(k) retirement plans and health and wellness benefits like medical coverage and paid time off.
- The prominent grocery store chains operates roughly 50 locations on the United States East Coast and hires for entry-level workers and career professionals on a regular basis.
- Employees working as entry-level porters assist shoppers and maintain the store in a variety of ways.
- Porters clean work areas and equipment, clear garbage and spills from the sales floor, take care of damaged or returned merchandise, and help customers needing special assistance.
- The job may also entail cashier duties during peak shopping hours.
- Like scanning clerks, porters must have the physical capacity to lift as much as 75 pounds from time to time.
- Pay scales for porter jobs generally fall between minimum wage and $8.00 or $9.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Open availability and physical stamina greatly influence overall hiring decisions, especially in the grocery store industry, because of varied starting hours and the labor-intensive natures of most vacancies. PriceRite managers closely exam the hours candidates remain available and typically hire workers with the ability to instantly fill night, weekend, and holiday shifts. Outside of availability and stamina, make sure to provide as much detailed and relevant information as possible on the application forms. Incomplete or passed over sections of the documents are not acceptable.
PriceRite job applicants use the online submission manager featured on the company website to search for positions and send hiring forms electronically. Workers may create individual profiles to track applications and build resumes, which often saves time. However, submitting job requests in person also remains a viable means of declaring candidacy for available positions. Motivated individuals may track application progress online, via phone calls, or by making personal store visits. Limit communications and wait at least 36 hours to follow up on applications. Reaching out too much or too soon may become problematic and actually hurt chances of employment.
Benefits Working at PriceRite
As a subsidiary of Wakfern Food Corporation, PriceRite enjoys the ability to offer several employment benefits to eligible associates. The grocery retailer extends:
- Medical insurance
- Dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance, and
- Flexible spending accounts to qualified employees
Financial benefits available to eligible workers include competitive 401(k) retirement plans, credit union membership, and tuition reimbursement. The supermarket chain also offers paid time off, health and wellness programs, service awards, and various discounts to associates who qualify.
Supplemental Background on PriceRite
Founded in 1995, PriceRite uses a variety of strategies to keep operating costs down for each supermarket location and prices low for customers. The discount grocery store chain refrains from advertising, instead relying on word of mouth and hardworking employees to drive traffic. Store layouts remain simple and free from costly decor that would otherwise bring about price increases in order to maintain. As a tradeoff for taking advantage of the lowest possible prices, customers usually bring their own shopping bags and bag their own groceries.
Samuel Profit says:
Parking Lot attendant. I made sure there were carts available and clean, as well as the parking lot, I kept it cleaned, where Price Rite Customers were Parked.