Prudential Financial provides coverage to individuals around the world and holds a reputation as one of the most trusted insurance companies in existence. Job seekers in need of full-time and part-time work find careers helping customers achieve financial prosperity and peace of mind.
Facts About Working at Prudential Financial
Minimum Age to Work at Prudential Financial: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Prudential Financial?)
Prudential Financial Hours of Operation: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Prudential Financial: Accountant, Actuary, Administrator, Agriculture Associate, Banker, Customer Service Associate, Call Center Associate, Human Resources Associate, Information Technology Associate, Underwriter, Investment Banker, Investment Manager, Lawyer, Medical Services Associate, Project Developer, Project Manager, Real Estate Associate, Relocation Associate, Risk Management Associate, Security Officer, Tax Associate, Treasurer
Prudential Financial Job Opportunities
With a rich history dating back to 1875, the insurance provider uses a longstanding wholesome company status to cultivate steady growth. Operations take place in nearly 45 countries and territories throughout North America, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Workers interested in providing clients with money management assistance regularly settle into gratifying careers and enjoy job security with Prudential Financial. Job seekers who understand and live by the company values of trustworthiness, putting focus on customers, respecting fellow associates, and maintaining winning attitudes often earn preference for hire during the application process.
Prudential jobs remain available in several different fields of employment. Prospective employees may apply for work in finance, sales and marketing, human resources, insurance and financial sales, technology, law, compliance, and business ethics. Given the diversity of available positions, the company looks to hire on new associates from varied backgrounds and specialties. From seasoned career professionals to recent university graduates and entry-level applicants looking to break into the workforce, the insurance provider offers suitable job opportunities. New-hires receive extensive training, which aids the development of skills necessary for career success.
Prudential Financial Positions and Salary Information
Most available work opportunities with Prudential require extensive knowledge of financial services, well-developed mathematical skills, and sales savvy. Hiring managers often give preference to applicants with four-year degrees or several years of employment experience. However, job seekers with sparse work experience also receive hiring consideration, as the following jobs welcome entry-level candidates:
Customer Service Representative
- Workers with exceptional written and verbal communication skills fit well in customer service representative roles.
- Available in full-time and part-time capacities, the job earns pay rates of $14.00 to $16.00 an hour.
- Regular duties include answering phones, listening to customer issues, offering possible solutions, products, or services, and keeping detailed and efficient records of interactions.
- In order to perform well, customer service representatives must maintain knowledge of all products and services Prudential offers as well as all current promotions and deals.
- The abilities to work well in teams, remain self-motivated, multi-task, and use common office computer programs also prove favorable to hiring managers.
- While job seekers with up to two years of administrative work experience may earn additional preference for hire, candidates of any experience level stand welcome to apply for administrative assistant positions.
- Job duties include fielding calls, scheduling meetings for team members, organizing hotel and travel accommodations when needed, utilizing various computer programs accurately and efficiently, photocopying, scanning, filing, ordering office supplies, distributing department mail, greeting visitors, and completing special projects as assigned.
- Administrative assistants typically work full-time and garner salary packages between $30,000 and $40,000 a year.
- Personable attitudes and heightened organizational skills help candidates gain work in available positions.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers may browse available work opportunities on the career section of the company website. To apply for open positions, workers must create profiles with the job portal and submit applications. Revising resumes to highlight relevant skills and employment experience and attaching the updated documents to applications helps expedite the process. Potential employees must also provide contact information, complete job-specific questions, and detail academic backgrounds. Looking over entered information before submitting applications helps eliminate errors.
Depending on the position applied for and the hiring needs of the company, job seekers may hear back from employment personnel anywhere from one week to several months after submitting applications. In the meantime, candidates may log on to the job portal, call managers, send emails, or visit locations to check on application statuses. Contact with Prudential should remain polite and considerate of hiring personnel.
Benefits of Working at Prudential Financial
Prudential Financial offers comprehensive job benefits packages spanning areas of life such as health, retirement, savings, work/life balance, and career development. Eligible full-time and part-time associates gain access to:
- Medical insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Dental and vision care programs
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Short- and long-term disability, and
- Cash balance plans
Additional employment benefits for qualified workers include supplemental and 401(k) retirement plans, onsite childcare, adoption assistance, paid maternity leave, sick days, paid time off and vacations, onsite wellness and fitness centers, paid training, awards programs, and tuition assistance.
More Information on Prudential Financial
As a worldwide company, Prudential practices environmental responsibility by investing in and raising awareness about green initiatives. Using the success of the company to fund sustainable energy sources, the insurance provider invests in the development of biomass, hydroelectric, wind, solar, and geothermal energies. Additionally, company associates regularly volunteer time to green ventures, like the planting of 112,000 trees as part of the American Forests re-forestation project.