Since 1930, Publix has opened over 1,000 grocery locations. The private, employee-owned chain operates across the southeastern U.S. Each store has departments such as floral, meat, and bakery.
Facts About Working at Publix
Minimum Age to Work at Publix: 14 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Publix?)
Publix Hours of Operation: Typically Mon-Sat: 7:00am-11:00pm; Sun: 7:00am-10:00pm
Available Positions at Publix: Cashier, Sales Associate, Bagger, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Publix Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Publix:
Publix Job Opportunities
Jobs for All Levels of Experience
Prospective employees of all experience levels can find a Publix job to meet their needs. Part-time positions give chances for new workers to learn and hone skills. Leaders and trained applicants can apply for full-time Publix careers. Skilled entry-level hires can move to management roles with salary options.
Alternate Publix Career Fields
Publix jobs cover more than just retail. Candidates interested in logistics have options at distribution centers. Applicants looking for careers in business can work in corporate offices. Manufacturing plants offer roles in production.
Individuals who want lasting careers should pursue Publix jobs. The grocer treats workers well with competitive pay and employment benefits. It also provides employee incentives such as bonuses and increased salary packages.
Employment and Salary Information for Publix
Those interested cannot apply online and must visit the store to complete Publix job applications. New workers commonly find career openings like:
- Typical duties include helping customers and running registers.
- Cashiers bag goods and must be able to lift heavy items.
- Employees working closing shifts often assist with returns and cleanup.
- Pay rates start near $8.00 per hour.
- Check out the Publix cashier job description.
- Workers unload deliveries and keep shelves supplied with merchandise.
- Stock clerks ensure products meet presentation guidelines.
- Employees clean, check expiry dates, and assist customers.
- The position pays $9.00 in hourly wages.
- Read the Publix stock clerk job description for more information.
Tips for Applying
Candidates can mark several positions on the Publix application. The supermarket usually hires for part-time entry-level jobs. Hopefuls will complete forms at on-site kiosks. Be sure to set aside enough time to carefully fill out all prompts accurately.
Qualified job seekers hear back about a week after submitting Publix applications. The grocery chain usually contacts workers by phone but may use email. Hopefuls can call managers to check on hiring status. Such phone calls sometimes lead to interviews.
Benefits of Working at Publix
All employees enjoy flexible hours and training. Full-time worker job benefits include:
- Healthcare coverage including vision, dental, and medical insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off and paid vacation
- Life insurance
Additional Information about Publix
Each year, the retailer surveys employees on their opinions of the company. The brand has created charities to better improve the lives of the people it serves. Publix’s Aprons program gives patrons free samples of easily prepared dishes, as well as the recipes to prepare them.