With over 1,000 locations and part of the larger Choice Hotels family, discount chain Quality Inn hires for a multitude of roles for workers interested in joining the hospitality industry. Positions for both entry-level workers and career-minded individuals stand readily available with frequency.
Facts About Working at Quality Inn
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Quality Inn?)
Available Positions: Administrator, Advertising Associate, Architect, Brand Manager, Customer Service Representative, Accountant, Human Resources Associate, Information Systems Associate, Trainer, Revenue Manager, Sales & Business Developer
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Quality Inn Job Opportunities
Quality Inn focuses on total guest satisfaction. The chain seeks like-minded employees to procure the best possible stay for each and every guest. With a focus on polite, customer-oriented, and flexible workers, the hotel franchise must constantly onboard new staff to operate current locations and new sites opening with regularity in new territories. Interested applicants remain encouraged to search and apply for jobs on the company website and may also find traction for openings by applying in person when roles open up.
Most entry-level positions with the hotel industry leader require little-to-no previous experience in order to qualify for hire. While applicants with familiarity in the hospitality or similar industries may receive hiring preference, most hourly positions provide extensive training upon hire. Employees in housekeeping, guest relations, maintenance, and food service work both full- and part-time hours. The jobs also require workers willing to interact with the public with certain frequency, the capability to perform some manual labor, and preparedness to work varied shifts, including overnight, weekends, and some holidays. Managerial positions may require additional experience in order to qualify.
Positions and Salary Information for Quality Inn
The hospitality chain requires workers to stand at least 18 years of age in order to receive hiring consideration. At certain locations, the minimum hiring age stands at 21, though such standards may only reflect the franchise owner directly. In order to verify hiring age, contact the location of hire before submitting applications. The most readily available positions with the hotel chain sit below:
Guest Services Representative
- Quality Inn employs guest services representatives on both day and overnight shifts.
- Evening employees work as night auditors and review accounting records for accuracy, track room revenue, and prepare reports on daily hotel finances.
- Day shift employees greet guests, finalize check-in and checkout processes, ensure payment, and prioritize guest satisfaction.
- Employees must work well with and coordinate appropriate activities with other departments on a daily basis.
- Guest services representatives may earn between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour, typically reflecting shift, tenure, and experience.
- Housekeepers work in both part- and full-time capacities, depending upon need.
- Duties center on cleaning, maintaining, and restocking guest rooms and common areas alike.
- Housekeeper associates must also stock and utilize cleaning carts and closets effectively, order new supplies, report maintenance problems, and ensure areas remain free of potential hazards.
- The role of housekeeper regularly includes manual labor, including but not limited to walking, standing, bending, reaching, twisting, kneeling, and climbing, in order to fully complete required tasks.
- Housekeepers may receive consideration for advancement to assistant housekeeping inspector roles after one to two years of employment, which generally adds supervisory responsibilities to cleaning duties.
- The promotion may result in pay increases up to $11.00 hourly.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and visual attractiveness of linens and towels, laundry attendants must also comply with company standards relating to laundry procedures.
- Duties include treating, sorting, washing, drying, and folding laundry, guaranteeing stock of laundry cleaning supplies, keeping inventory and adequate counts on linens, and cooperating with housekeeping attendants, as necessary.
- While prospective workers with previous experience may gain hiring favor, applicants displaying exceptional interpersonal skills, desires to work in teams, and the ability to perform laborious tasks repeatedly typically earn job offers, as well.
- A laundry attendant may expect to earn around $9.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
As a franchised hotel, applicants may find applying in person for some available jobs the most direct way to display interest. However, the company encourages applicants to take advantage of the online job portal to search and apply for existing positions. Gather hiring materials ahead of time in order to streamline the process. Additionally, tailor resumes and cover letters to highlight any and all previous work and volunteer experience relating to the job at hand. If applying in person, dress accordingly in order to show true interest in hire, as on-the-spot interviews may occur.
Hiring managers with the hotel chain typically respond to applications within a few weeks after first applying. However, reaching out to managers directly may prove beneficial for candidates not receiving contact within a personally acceptable length of time. Utilizing phone calls, emails, or visits in person may demonstrate genuine desire for the position at hand and may lead directly to interviews. Aspirants should display caution and respect when contacting human resource personnel, as excessive calling or visiting during peak hours may interrupt daily business.
Benefits of Working at Quality Inn
As a member of the Choice Hotels International group, Quality Inn employees gain access to multiple work benefits in addition to paid training, uniform allowances, competitive pay rates, and flexible scheduling. Both full- and part-time workers gain access to 401(k) retirement plans within the first three months of employment with full company match. Additionally, associates enjoy health coverage, including:
- Vision plans and may access flexible spending accounts and
- Employee assistance programs.
Associates also receive paid holidays, vacation time, personal and sick leave, and bereavement leave.
Additional Information about Quality Inn
Quality Inn customers enjoy access to the Choice Privileges program, which accumulates points toward free hotel room nights, airline miles, and other travel perks once enrolled. Points may focus on travel, shopping, particular vacation destinations, and dining experiences. Customers may sign up for different levels in order to receive different benefits along the way. Redeemed points may focus on earning free nights at the over 6,000 Choice Hotels locations or on varying rewards available through partner programs.
I am a guest service agent (front desk) for the quality inn. I work 2nd shift 3-11pm. I really enjoy my job. I check customers into their rooms, address any concerns, manage the register, answer the phones, and make reservations for guests.. I also make sure the front lobby is kept clean. i make $11.25 an hour. That was with zero hotel experience.
Quality Inn and Suites is a great place to work!
Sammy Wilan says:
Do you remember how long it to for the backround check. I used to work part time as a clerk in the library but decided to take a full time night auditor and it’s more pay and benefits. The GM is really nice and he did not know but he guessed two weeks. The backround check company has been slow. I applied on August 5, 2021