With over 17,000 employees worldwide, QVC stands as a leader in digital commerce. The company frequently hires for a variety of positions, including call center representatives, retail outlet associates, and managers to supervise and perform administrative tasks. Interested job seekers may apply online through the company job portal.
Facts About Working at QVC
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at QVC?)
Available Positions: Retail Store Associate, Distribution Center Associate, Call Center Associate, Accountant, Administrator, Copywriter, Customer Service Representative, Inventory Controller, Engineer, Food Services Associate, Human Resources Associate, Information Technology Associate
QVC Job Opportunities
Standing for Quality, Value, and Convenience, QVC started in 1986 in hopes of capitalizing on new technology in order to provide retail services across a reachable medium. Serving more than 98 million households in the United States alone, the home-shopping retailer now offers customers opportunity to make purchases via on-air programming, the company website, and through various retail outlets. As an all-in-one experience, consumers may preview goods and services without necessarily needing to leave the home. The company offers recognizable brands and enjoys licenses with major sports leagues.
Retail positions with QVC usually stem from outlet stores the national home-shopping retailer operates around the country. Career seekers looking for additional income opportunities, first-time employment, or summer jobs may find rewarding work experiences at outlet stores. Candidates should exhibit positive demeanors, keen relational behaviors, and genuine interests in retail sales. Previous experience typically benefits applicants, though generally does not prove necessary to obtain entry-level employment with the company. The home-shopping retailer also consistently seeks associates to work in call center environments in various locations across the United States.
Positions and Salary Information for QVC
Applicants must stand at least 18 years old in order to qualify for positions with the home-shopping retailer. Employees earn wages on par with industry standards, receive excellent work-life balance, and the opportunity to qualify for exceptional job benefits. Interested applicants may find employment in the following positions:
Retail Sales Associate
- Sales associates assist customers with all aspects of the shopping experience, ranging from greeting all shoppers, aiding in purchasing selections, ringing out final sales, and answering all patron questions and requests.
- Other responsibilities may include building displays for merchandise, conducting recovery and restocking, upselling, and maintaining store cleanliness.
- Sales team members should exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills, positive attitudes, and strong interpersonal skills.
- As an entry-level position, sales associates generally only need to meet basic hiring requirements, such as possessing a high school diploma.
- Retail sales associates typically earn starting hourly pay around $8.00.
Call Center Associate
- Call center associates provide customer service to incoming calls, ensure order efficiency, and verify online and call data.
- Added tasks may include providing relevant offer information, upselling products and services, and answering customer questions.
- Employees also maintain responsibility for inputting all customer information, basic data entry, and all clerical entries related to customer purchases.
- Associates should display warm, energetic, and positive attitudes at all times.
- Ideal candidates work well in teams, demonstrate excellent attendance, and communicate flexibility in scheduling.
- Call center associates may earn wages ranging from $11.00 to $14.00 an hour.
- Outlet stores require assistant store managers and store managers to provide supervision to subordinate crew members, perform necessary administrative duties, and drive sales and performance at each location.
- Managers typically retain responsibility for personnel decisions, including hiring, training, and motivating employees, making work schedules, and balancing labor hours.
- Upper-level staff must also ensure customer satisfaction, control shrink, and position stores to turn a profit.
- Supervisor positions generally demand additional hiring requirements, such as higher education or extended retail experience, especially for managerial roles.
- Store managers maintain the capacity to earn up to $50,000 in annual salaries.
Tips for Applying
Applicants must apply for available positions via the company online job portal. Starting by building a profile to allow for a faster, more efficient application process, candidates upload a resume and answer general employment questions. The entire process may take up to forty minutes to complete. In order to expedite the process as much as possible, interested applicants should gather all significant information together before beginning the process. Ensure all material remains current so as to avoid potential disqualification due to incorrect information.
After submitting all hiring materials, applicants generally receive confirmation emails from hiring personnel. Managers usually set up interviews with qualified candidates within a week. After one or two weeks of not receiving contact from a manager, applicants may choose to follow up with hiring personnel via email. If applying for store positions, job seekers should follow up with store personnel in person or via phone in order check on the status of the application. Awareness of peak hours of operation may lead to better prospects of meeting with store managers.
Benefits of Working at QVC
QVC offers employees an expansive work benefits packages focusing on all facets of the work-life balance. The home-shopping retailer presents associates with competitive wages, savings options, and retirement planning, such as 401(k) plans. Other job benefits include:
- Vision, and
- Prescription drug coverage as well as flexible spending accounts for qualifying team members.
Additionally, associates enjoy paid time off, vacation time, flexible scheduling options, and regular advancement opportunities.
More Information on QVC
The home-shopping retailer consistently works with many notable causes to give back to charitable organizations. QVC broadcasts a special each year called “FFANY Shoes on Sale.” Over the last twenty years, FFANY sales led to over $30 million in donations towards raising money for breast cancer research. Other philanthropic causes include the United Way, Habitat for Humanity, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Alex’s Lemonade Stand, and Big Brothers Big Sisters.