RaceTrac Petroleum manages refueling stations and retail convenience stores throughout the Southern United States. Motivated job seekers find abundant employment options at the entry level as well as in management careers.
Facts About Working at RaceTrac
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at RaceTrac?)
Available Positions: Store Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Store Support Associate
RaceTrac Job Opportunities
Applicants seeking fast-paced work settings and consistent interactions with guests often thrive in RaceTrac jobs. Filling stations bring in large numbers of customers day and night, with steady business steady year-round as workers serve clientele at the pump, register, and food counter. The company pursues team players capable of working well in retail-outlet settings. More than 370 stores operate out of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, and Florida.
Numerous work opportunities exist through the petroleum corporation. Patrons enjoy quality fuel and over 4,000 food and beverage items. Each station needs a quality staff of customer-focused associates to serve guests. Part-time and full-time listings prove available for employment hopefuls to meet staffing demands. Over 6,000 employees hold jobs with RaceTrac, from widespread customer service positions to maintenance and pump attendant duties as well as corporate positions through company offices.
RaceTrac Positions and Salary Information
Boasting attractive labor environments, favorable base pay, and experience for future careers, RaceTrac stations prove desirable work options for many job seekers. Night shifts and other irregular work stints may prove necessary for employees, as stores stay open 24 hours every day. Because locations remain in operation 365 days a year, jobs become more plentiful due to the need for holiday and weekend workers. Positions stand available in the following capacities:
- Store associates fulfill the combined customer service roles of cashiers, stock clerks, and food service workers.
- Cash handling, replenishing shelf and cooler items, and preparing hot food products comprise usual daily tasks for associates.
- Workers also maintain cleanliness by sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning restrooms, and tidying parking areas.
- Patrons regularly ask questions and make requests of associates.
- Employees must meet customer needs in cordial and efficient manners.
- The position remains accessible to a majority of entry-level applicants.
- Hourly pay typically hovers around $9.00, with raises awarded with experience.
- Shift managers drive sales, create labor schedules, and oversee the store inventory.
- Training new workers and developing current staff members also prove prominent duties for management positions.
- Maintenance, register, and stock responsibilities may also become necessary to ensure continued station productivity.
- Working as subordinates to the store manager, employees lead work teams to provide the best service possible for patrons.
- Previous work experience, especially in supervisory jobs, generally stands required to obtain management positions.
- Pay for shift managers ranges between $11.00 and $15.00, while salary options for store managers average about $49,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
If applicable, applicants should include resumes highlight gas station experience. The ability to work flexible shifts greatly improves prospects of hire, and job seekers should remain prepared for occasional call-in shifts after starting work. Successful candidates must also prove adaptable to hectic and high-traffic business conditions. As friendliness remains part of the job description on RaceTrac applications, employment hopefuls should smile during interviews and listen attentively before responding with confident and appropriate answers.
RaceTrac largely requires candidates to apply online. Creating a free account with a username and password allows access to employment options with the company. The process may take up to an hour to complete and includes filling out detailed application forms and truthfully answering background questions. The timetable for callbacks regarding employment typically occur within a few days of submitting hiring materials. Applicants may follow up with telephone calls or store visits.
Benefits of Working at RaceTrac
Full-time employees at RaceTrac often enjoy extensive health insurance coverage and vacation pay after tenure with the company. Managers also typically benefit from 401(k) retirement plans. Entry-level laborers enjoy lucrative advancement opportunities and competitive salary options. Workers continue earning without gaps in paid hours because the petrol company does not mandate employee breaks, as well. All employees enjoy complimentary beverages while on shift.
More Details on RaceTrac
Founded in 1934, RaceTrac supports education and development for workers. Scholarship funds through the company add up to over $1 million paid out to students also working for the fuel business. The contest remains open to eligible employees through an online application. 10-week internship programs also stand available to contribute to the experience and networking of young career seekers. Headquarters for the major southern corporation stand in Atlanta, GA.