A privately owned California grocery store chain, Raley's frequently offers entry-level and management supermarket jobs in and around the City of Sacramento. The regional grocer carries sought-after produce and meat options as well as a wide spread of popular supermarket amenities. Job seekers often find employment possibilities in the multitude of departments each grocery store boasts. Candidates may submit applications on the company website to declare candidacy or apply in-person at a local store.
Facts About Working at Raley's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Raley's?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative, Stock Clerk, Delivery Driver, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Corporate Positions, Pharmacy Positions, Truck Driver
Raley’s Job Opportunities
With strong work ethics and good customer service skills serving as the major qualifications for entry-level positions, young employment seekers may easily obtain a first job at the grocery store. Workers looking to begin a career in the supermarket industry often start out as Raley’s clerk or courtesy clerks and move up to management jobs over time. Entry-level associates enjoy competitive base pay, malleable work schedules, and employee benefits for both part-time and full-time positions.
Raley’s managers and supervisors carry more responsibility and longer work weeks than entry-level workers. The grocery store often demands applicants possess several years of experience and specialized skills for management consideration. Upper-level associates must exude confident and friendly qualities while possessing the ability to direct and lead subordinate employees. Organizational and planning skills also prove mandatory for supermarket higher-ups. Managers relish higher pay and excellent employee benefits packages to compensate for the heavy workload required by the job.
Raley’s Positions and Salary Information
Due to the expanding nature of the grocery store chain and turnover rates common to the supermarket industry, entry-level workers secure employment at Raley’s frequently and with ease. Job seekers must be at least 16 years old to apply for courtesy clerk positions. Some clerk jobs may require applicants to stand 18 years or older, depending the daily tasks and department. Candidates vying for jobs like cake decorator, supervisor, or manager must possess a high school diploma or an equivalent as well as one to five years of experience. The grocery store commonly hires associates to fill the following job titles:
- Clerks represent the backbone of operations in each department and perform essential tasks like interacting with customers.
- Clerk associate duties vary by department, but in general workers help patrons fill orders, scan items, find products, and complete transactions.
- Additional duties include cleaning, maintaining stock levels, handling cash and processing other forms of payment, and other work as assigned by managers.
- Courtesy clerk jobs prove the best option for first time workers.
- Raley’s Courtesy clerks assist customers with bagging and carrying groceries and retrieving grocery carts from parking lots and around the store.
- Job seekers also find work as graveyard shift clerks whose sole duties include cleaning, handling products, and stocking stores during the night.
- Depending on the department, tenure, and experience, clerk wages hover between $8.00 and $17.00 per hour.
- Career-minded employment hunters find various management and leadership roles at Raley’s grocery stores.
- Department managers oversee the cleanliness, organization, and efficiency of specific areas of the store.
- Department managers also train new clerk associates and aid in the recruitment process when necessary.
- Leaders earn hourly wages between $14.00 and $21.00.
- Store and assistant managers see to the overall success of each location.
- Responsibilities include corporate-level communication, achieving sales goals, inventory and supply management, recruiting, scheduling, and all other duties pertaining to store operations.
- Physical requirements often include bending, reaching, and pushing.
- Upper-level associates must uphold the ability to lift 25lbs. to 50lbs. on a regular basis.
- Assistant managers earn an average salary of $50,000 while store managers make up to $80,000 per year.
Tips For Applying
In order to streamline the Raley’s application process, job seekers should consult the descriptions of positions available online or visit locations in store to learn more about potential duties and company culture. Candidates meeting the general expectations placed on employees by the prominent supermarket chain usually receive preferential treatment over other prospective associates. Most codes of conduct center on working well with others, treating customers with respect, and maintaining clean, personable appearances at all times.
Hiring needs generally dictate the amount of time candidates spend in the Raley’s employment process. Extreme cases see individuals waiting up to two or three weeks for managers to reach out regarding applications. A couple of days after submitting hiring documents, job hopefuls should begin reaching out to management in order to reestablish a genuine desire for employment and to ask about hiring statuses. Common methods of following up include telephoning, emailing, and making personal visits.
Benefits of Working at Raley’s
In addition to competitive pay rates, employees enjoy comprehensive benefits packages. Raley’s offers qualified associates:
- Full healthcare plans
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Employee discounts
- Life insurance opportunities, and
- Paid time off
Employees often cite laid back, pleasant work environments and growth potential, as well.
Further Details on Raley’s
Raley’s encourages healthy lifestyles by supplying patrons with a wealth of information about gluten-free and non-GMO products on the company website. The supermarket also boasts nutritional tips and healthy living articles online, as well. Each supermarket comes equipped with an in-house pharmacy providing vaccinations, custom prescription options, and professional pharmaceutical advice. Pharmacy patrons enjoy the convenience of online services, which facilitates the easy order of medications for pick-up during weekly grocery runs. The regional supermarket also offers meaningful entry-level and advanced career opportunities for applicants interested in the pharmaceutical industry.