Texas-based grocery store chain Randalls follows the motto, "Treat your customers the way you treat your family." The supermarket carries out the aforementioned mantra by hiring friendly, attentive associates into every facet of the company. With over 100 locations spanning the Lone Star State, Randalls continually looks for entry-level workers and professional associates to join the team.
Facts About Working at Randalls
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Randalls?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Stocker, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Delivery Driver, Pharmacy Help Desk Specialist, Pharmacy Technician, Service Desk Shift Supervisor, Checker/Food Clerk, Courtesy Clerk, Deli Clerk, Bakery Clerk, Cake Decorator, Dairy/Frozen Clerk, Meat Clerk, Seafood Wrapper, Meat Cutter, Produce Clerk, Doughnut Fryer
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Randalls Information on Jobs
Most Randalls locations comprise large, full-service supermarkets that include deli, bakery, meat and seafood, and pharmacy departments. Every department offers part-time and full time jobs for non-management personnel and full-time supervisory careers for experienced leaders. Premium flagship locations often include fueling stations, drive-thru pharmacy windows, bank branches, cafes, and photo processing centers, which offer additional career opportunities for both entry-level and experienced workers. With various departments and specialized centers throughout the supermarket chain, job seekers have no trouble finding areas of work that fit their interests.
As a subsidiary of Safeway, Randalls requires applicants to submit hiring forms through the careers page of the parent company website. The page allows candidates to search and apply for store potions, management careers, distribution roles, and manufacturing jobs. The application process includes sections devoted to personal information and employment questionnaires. Typically, the online form takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Randalls Employment Opportunities and Wages
Every location needs a diverse staff with unique skills and knowledge. Associates earn competitive compensations for the value they lend to the store. Non-manager jobs typically pay base hourly wages. Management and skilled positions command handsome annual salaries. Pay scales vary largely by department and job title. The following list provides a snapshot of some select store jobs and the corresponding pay:
- A courtesy clerk may perform any task related to ensuring customer care.
- Typically, a courtesy clerk greets customers, bags groceries, and assists in loading groceries into customer vehicles.
- Additionally, courtesy clerks respond to customer inquiries and issues.
- Other duties include checking prices, assisting with stocking, taking back returns, and performing cleaning tasks.
- A courtesy clerk usually earns between $7.00 and $10.00 an hour.
- Cake decorators work in the bakery department and provide excellent customer care.
- Communicating with guests and understanding customer needs serve as some of the most important parts of the job.
- Cake decorators carry out customer requests by skillfully decorating cakes and pastries with appetizing, eye-catching designs.
- Additional job duties include ordering, merchandising, and suggestive selling.
- Cake decorators must comply with safety, presentation, and sanitation standards outlined by the company.
- Pay for cake decorator jobs typically rests around $10.00 an hour.
- Management opportunities include department manager, first assistant manager, second assistant manager, and store manager jobs.
- General duties managers need to carry out include overseeing store or department operations, tracking and analyzing performance, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Labor management also forms a large part of managerial jobs.
- Primary duties include hiring and training associates, scheduling, and ensuring compliance with store policies and guidelines.
- Each manager earns an annual salary that varies depending on experience, department, and duration with the company.
- Manager salaries may range from $40,000 to over $100,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
A division of Safeway Inc., Randalls accepts both electronic and paper applications. Job hopefuls visit the careers page on the company website or stop by locations personally to submit hiring forms. Set aside at least 20 to 30 minutes to fill out either version of the application and be sure to research positions before starting. Gathering relevant materials, such as information regarding past jobs, education, and hours of availability, usually saves time.
General, entry-level positions take candidates one or two weeks to land. Depending on the hiring needs of each store, workers only go through a single day or two of review before receiving job offers. The most any candidate should expect to spend in the employment process is around four weeks. Electronic submissions update applicants on hiring statuses in real time. Other methods of checking on application statuses include calling or emailing stores to speak with managers directly. Visiting Randalls supermarkets personally also benefits candidates.
Benefits of Working Randalls
Randalls offers exceptional work benefits to all full-time workers and qualified part-time associates. Employment benefits packages vary by job title. Typically, qualified workers earn health and future savings plans. Health benefits qualified employees may access include:
- Customizable medical plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision care
- Dental and orthodontia plans
- Flexible spending accounts, and
- Employee assistance programs
Future savings benefits include 100% company-paid retirement, 401(k) savings plans, and Safeway stock purchase plans. The grocery store chain also offers job benefits for personal and career growth, such as career education programs, paid time off, and discounts to leisure activities.
Background Information on Randalls
As a member in the Safeway family, Randalls takes part in serving the community through the Safeway Foundation. The Foundation supports causes that affect the local communities and mainly helps health and human services, hunger relief, and education initiatives through monetary and product donations. The grocery retail chain also actively assists adults with disabilities in their job hunting by supporting employment organizations that provide job coaching for those who need it most. Many supermarket locations hire adults with disabilities into store positions.
Lataija Hill says:
My job was a cashier. I checked the customers groceries out. I was required to deal with cash, debit, credit cards and also checks. I
worked for Randalls 1061 for 2 years. I was promoted to the customer service desk which I liked very well but I left in 2010. I wish to come back and continue my career at store #1041.