Red Robin employs over 30,000 associates in over 500 locations throughout the United States and Canada. Branded as a casual-dining restaurant chain specializing in gourmet hamburgers, the franchise continuously seeks to add new employees in a variety of roles as the chain continues to grow.
Facts About Working at Red Robin
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Red Robin?)
Available Positions: Host, Hostess, Waiter, Waitress, Bus Person, Dishwasher, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Expo Team Member, Assistant Kitchen Manager, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Manager, General Restaurant Manager, Capital Assets Manager, Projects Accounting Manager, Learning and Development Consultant, Administrative Assistant, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources Manager, Tax Analyst, Accountant, Pricing Coordinator
Red Robin Interview Videos
Red Robin Job Opportunities
Operating on the four core values of honor, integrity, continually seeking knowledge, and fun, Red Robin seeks to onboard employees willing to embody each principle. Potential employees may work in various positions with the casual dining chain, including server, host, bartender, and busser. Applicants more interested in working behind the scenes may apply for work as line cooks, expediters, and dishwashers. Hourly employees receive competitive compensation, access to multiple work benefits, and flexible scheduling options.
The casual dining franchise frequently promotes from within, allowing established employees rise to great heights with the company. Outside opportunities persist, as well, as career-minded individuals seeking to join an established member of the restaurant industry may choose to apply. A variety of roles exist within the company management structure including kitchen managers, restaurant manager, assistant general manager, and general manager. Managers oversee up to 60 hourly team members, remain responsible for guest satisfaction, and meeting company standards.
Red Robin Positions and Salary Information
Red Robin typically offers potential employees a straight-forward hiring process, with the minimum requirement focusing on age. For most entry-level positions with the casual dining chain, candidates must stand at least 16. Managers may require at least two to three years previous experience in the restaurant business and typically work full-time hours. The following list expounds on potential employment opportunities:
- A host or hostess acts as the first line of communication and leaves a lasting impression on guests arriving and departing the restaurant.
- Primary responsibilities fall to taking accurate reservations, opening and closing sections according to daily business, and seating guest quickly and appropriately.
- Employees may also need to assist servers with drink orders, relaying specials, and cleaning tables before seating guests.
- A host may earn around $8.00 to $9.00 an hour.
- Approachable, friendly, and positive attitudes typically benefit servers with the restaurant franchise.
- Responsibilities include taking orders accurately, delivering correct drink and food orders in a timely and safe fashion, and helping guests with accommodating menu suggestions.
- Continued study of menus, knowledge of current promotions and specials, and excellent communications skills remain constant indicators of success.
- Servers tend to make minimum server wage based on state and federal recommendations and may earn additional gratuity, as well.
- Kitchen help may include line cooks, expediters, bussers, and dishwashers.
- Bussers and dishwashers retain responsibility to keep tables, cutlery, dishes, and kitchen utensils clean and sanitary.
- Other responsibilities may include taking out trash, sweeping floors, and stocking dishes for use.
- Expediters perform multiple duties including ensuring quality control of prepared dishes, assists in cooking during peak hours, and matching correct orders with appropriate tickets.
- Line cooks prepare company recipes correctly, in a timely fashion, and within health and sanitation guidelines.
- Kitchen help may earn between $9.00 and $12.00 an hour, usually based on experience and tenure.
- Red Robin utilizes a management team focusing on building lasting relationships with both guests and employees.
- Managers operate in cohesion to create the best teams possible, while focusing on hiring, training, coaching, and maintaining staff.
- Supervisors also perform multiple administrative roles, such as cost versus labor management, proper ordering, preparing daily reports, scheduling, and ensuring compliance with local health and safety codes.
- Additionally, managers typically work full-time hours and may need to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays, and perform tasks designated for subordinate employees in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Kitchen managers and restaurant managers may earn up to $45,000 a year, while assistant general managers and general managers may possess annual earning potential near $60,000.
Tips for Applying
The franchise restaurant chain offers potential employees multiple ways to apply for available positions. While most hourly positions utilize paper applications at each location, the company job portal online allows candidates to apply for multiple positions by creating an account. Either way, applicants should gather all current hiring materials before filling out either application form in order to ensure correctness. Failure to provide legible, current, and correct information may result in disqualification from job consideration.
After submitting all hiring materials, managers typically respond to applicants within a couple of days to set up interviews. If not contacted within a week, candidates may wish to follow up with hiring personnel, either in person or via telephone. To ensure actually speaking to a manager, contact or arrive at the location of choice during off hours, such as after lunch and before dinner. Dress accordingly to show genuine interest and come prepared to talk about goals and career expectations, as on-the-spot interviews may occur.
Benefits of Working at Red Robin
Red Robin believes in rewarding employees for hard work and dedication to the brand. Eligible employees receive medical and prescription drug plans, dental, and vision care as well as flexible spending accounts. Additional work benefits include employee assistance and discount programs, company paid vacation, and education assistance. Associates also enjoy meal discounts, and enrollment in retirement and savings plans, such as:
- 401(k) plans with company match
- Employee stock purchase plans, and
- Deferred compensation options.
More Information about Red Robin
The casual dining chain takes pride in delivering guests memorable and enjoyable dining experiences each and every time. Along with the company core values, Red Robin also takes the approach of guest service called Unbridled Acts. The Unbridled Acts program typically revolves around random acts of kindness shared by employees to both guests and members of the community the restaurant chain serves. The company website offers a tab for visitors to read about various acts of kindness shared with others.