Conceptualized in Columbus, OH, by Jim Trueman in the early 1970s, Red Roof Inn now boasts several hundred hotels in the South, Midwest, and Eastern Seaboard of the United States. The economy lodging establishment needs entry-level employees at each chain to provide quality customer service, perform housekeeping duties, and maintain hotel functionality and appearance.
Facts About Working at Red Roof Inn
Minimum Age to Work at Red Roof Inn: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Red Roof Inn?)
Red Roof Inn Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Red Roof Inn: Front Desk Agent, General Maintenance Technician, Housekeeper, Head Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Property Sales Manager, Sales Assistant, Skilled Maintenance Technician, Van Driver, Assistant Hotel Manager, General Hotel Manager, Administrative Assistant, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Human Resources Associate, Human Resources Manager, Area Manager Of Sales, Bilingual Contact Center Sales Agent, Contact Center Sales Agent, Floating General Manager, IT Support Specialist, Project Manager, Staff Accountant, Tax Accountant
Red Roof Inn Job Opportunities
More than experience in a particular field, Red Roof Inn looks for workers with a knack for guest services and desires to see each customer satisfied. Inexperienced job seekers 18 years and older may apply for entry-level positions like front desk clerk, housekeeper, laundry attendant, and maintenance worker via the company website. The hospitality company trains and equips employees with all the necessary tools to perform duties. Team members must simply remain courteous to all guests and complete assigned tasks in good time.
With nearly 4,000 associates spread out across several hundred locations, the Red Roof Inn management team must focus on employee development, loss prevention, and administrative tasks. While entry-level jobs do not normally require candidates to possess a background in hospitality, management positions necessitate bachelor’s degrees or several years of related experience. Search openings on the hotel company website and follow the steps to complete the online application process.
Red Roof Inn Positions and Salary Information
Employment seekers find both part-time and full-time job vacancies with the economy lodging company. Entry-level workers enjoy competitive hourly pay and upper-level employees with demanding job descriptions garner generous annual salary rates. Though a litany of different job titles exist, Red Roof Inn regularly hires for the following positions:
Front Desk Clerk
- The front desk clerk job title belongs to associates who work at the front end of the hotel taking reservations and payments, checking customers in and out of rooms, and assisting guests with any needs throughout visits.
- Additional duties may include preparing complimentary coffee throughout the day and keeping lobbies looking tidy.
- Front desk clerks must answer phones in timely manners and effectively operate computerized reservation systems to ensure correct information for each guest.
- These crew members perform other duties as assigned and may need to work morning, evening, or overnight shifts.
- Typical pay for front desk clerks ranges from $9.00 to $11.00 per hour.
- The housekeeping department includes laundry attendant and housekeeper job titles.
- Laundry attendants clean and fold bed linens each day.
- Housekeepers sweep and vacuum rooms, exchange dirty linens for clean linens, sanitize bathrooms, and restock necessary items in each room.
- Housekeeping associates typically garner hourly wages between $8.00 and $10.00.
- Team members with assistant manager and general manager job titles hire, train, schedule, and motivate Red Roof Inn employees, solve customer problems, routinely inspect rooms, and increase hotel profitability through loss prevention techniques and room sales.
- Managers must possess exceptional communication and conflict resolution skills to handle guest and worker issues.
- Depending on job title and tenure, annual salary options between $35,000 and $50,000 prove typical for manager associates.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers access job listings by visiting the official Red Roof Inn website and clicking on the Career Opportunities tab on the bottom of the page. A streamlined job search interface allows workers to discover vacancies by location, position, and full- or part-time schedule preferences. To apply, job seekers must create a login and submit a personalized resume and cover letter. Applicants may also need to designate a desired position and availability. Utilize online job seeker resources to create a resume and allow a trusted friend or recruiting professional to proof read documents before submitting.
Aspiring workers typically wait no more than a week before hearing from hiring personnel after applying for an open position online. Hiring managers usually utilize phone calls to contact promising applicants. In some cases, recruitment officials may take longer to review hiring requests. Remain patient and place a follow up call to check on the application status if necessary.
Benefits of Working at Brand Name
Red Roof Inn offers access to work benefits in addition to competitive pay, room discounts, and paid vacation after a year of employment. Workers regularly qualify for:
- Basic life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Dental and vision plans, and
- Medical insurance.
Eligibility may hinge on length of employment, quarterly hours worked, and wait times.
Additional Information on Brand Name
The hotel chain offers compensated internships to students pursuing hotel management or business degrees. The internship exposes students to many facets of hotel operations from housekeeping and maintenance to front desk customer service and sales. Interns develop well-rounded understandings of the hospitality industry while enjoying niceties such as housing, networking opportunities, quality training, and competitive wages.