Responsible for operating and maintaining over 42,000 DVD rental kiosks throughout North America, Redbox needs to hire proactive and independently driven employees on a consistent basis. Flexible job options exist for work seekers in the U.S. and Canada.
Facts About Working at Redbox
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Redbox?)
Available Positions: Field Support Representative, Vender Service Agent, Mobile and Application Product Manager, Technical Project Manager
Redbox Job Opportunities
Redbox employees keep the namesake rental booths running smoothly. Extensive databases of movies and video games remain available through the service due to the continuous efforts of workers. Restocking, repairing, and cleaning the machines represent typical employee duties. Prominently located at the front of various retail outlets across the country, the self-service kiosks become accessible to entering and exiting patrons. With 2 million rentals each day, the company generates sufficient business to employ a substantial network of committed associates.
Candidates find opportunities for entry-level jobs and skilled professional roles alike. Employment options range from customer service and kiosk support positions to marketing and human resources careers. Though some workers perform duties from office settings, the majority of Redbox employees travel to several rental stations while on the job. Field representatives often bear responsibility for the kiosks located within specific geographical areas.
Redbox Jobs and Salary Options
Prospective associates must stand at least 18 years of age and possess high school diplomas or GED equivalents to apply for Redbox jobs. The rental business offers opportunities to earn competitive pay in unique work environments. Applicants seeking employment with the company regularly find jobs in the following capacities:
Field Support Representative
- Field support representatives operate as Level One or Level Two employees and perform maintenance and upkeep on Redbox kiosks.
- First-tier employees work alone and drive from booth to booth to replenish stock and record product inventory.
- Other duties include maintaining machine cleanliness, checking lock mechanisms, and reporting station statuses to regional supervisors.
- Level Two employees also install and repair kiosks.
- A valid driver’s license proves mandatory for both position levels.
- Workers must also maintain personal vehicles in working order, as the company does not provide transportation for employees.
- Field support representatives make about $12.00 per hour at the first level and around $15.25 at the second.
- Applicants must possess at least one year of customer service experience and basic computer skills to obtain first-tier roles.
- Second-level candidates need at least two years of experience with mechanical equipment and advanced computer skills, such as aptitude in troubleshooting, software installation, and network configuration.
Machine Support Technician
- Machine support technicians offer phone and web support for Redbox customers.
- Workers also provide additional insight to staff members in the field when necessary.
- Communication skills remain vital to carrying out job duties.
- Often required to remain available for night, weekend, and holiday work, employees also need to possess documented problem-solving experience related to computers.
- Support technicians earn hourly wages of $15.00, on average.
Tips For Applying
Employees need consistently reliable transportation for any Redbox field position. Open schedule availability also proves highly desirable, as some workers must remain on-call to respond to crisis situations. Comprehensive familiarity with Windows operating systems also serves as a major qualification factored into hiring decisions. Mechanical and organizational skills benefit applicants, as well. Candidates must apply online due to the limited presence of company offices.
Work seekers may inquire about the status of submitted hiring forms through telephone calls and email queries. Remain courteous when following up and maintain a professional demeanor. As the hiring process for Redbox jobs often takes several weeks, candidates benefit from showing patience. However, checking on application status shows interest and motivation and often strengthens the candidacy of the applicant choosing to follow up.
Benefits of Working at Redbox
Redbox employees enjoy several substantial job benefits. Eligible workers gain access to health perks such as medical insurance, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and dental and vision plans. 401(k) retirement plans and tuition reimbursement programs generally stand available to employees, as well. Qualified workers also receive:
- Paid time off for holidays
- Personal vacations, and
- Volunteering opportunities.
In addition to traditional work benefits, company associates take advantage of flexible work environments and business travel accident insurance.
More Details on Redbox
Founded in 2002, Redbox remains one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. The rental business operates as a subsidiary of Outerwall, an American corporation with headquarters in Bellevue, WA. Formerly known as Coinstar, the parent company supports innovators in the self-service kiosk industry and also manages coin conversion machines as well as ecoATMs, which allow consumers to sell used and obsolete electronics for recycling purposes.