Headquartered in Massachusetts and with a distinct global presence since 1895, Reebok employs fitness and athletically minded individuals in retail stores across the country. A subsidiary of Adidas, opportunities persist in a variety of store locations across four major brands.
Facts About Working at Reebok
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Reebok?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Stock Room Associate, Merchandise Handler, Key Holder, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Designer, Accounting Manager, Graphic Designer, Category Purchaser, Visual Merchandiser, Associate Buyer, Territory Sales Manager, Training Manager, Public Relations Coordinator, Consumer Insights Manager, Accessories Manager, Marketing Operations Project Manager, Footwear Merchandising Manager, Materials Developer, Business Analytics Manager, Production Manager
Reebok Job Opportunities
Operating on a global stage, Reebok sells athletic and fitness apparel, with a focus on a recognizable and enduring shoe brand. For athletes and individuals with proficiency in sales and retail, the company looks to onboard new workers in both entry-level roles and sustainable careers. Most associates enjoy competitive pay scales, flexible work schedules, and access to additional job benefits upon hire. Assisting customers in making purchases, finalizing purchases using POS systems, and restocking and replenishing merchandise generally define starting roles available with the shoe and apparel company.
For more career-oriented individuals, management roles represent the most accessible positions with Reebok. Historically relying on in-house promotional systems for associates into team leader roles, the company builds and maintain successful staffs. In addition, assistant manager and store manager positions frequently open up as workers move within the company, either to corporate or operations roles. Managerial candidates should possess several years of experience in retail and supervisory positions and may also need further education and certification in order to qualify.
Reebok Positions and Salary Information
The minimum hiring age typically stands around 16 years of age for a majority of entry-level available. For positions in management, applicants may need to possess additional certifications, such as high school diplomas, and the ability to meet the minimum hiring age of 18 years. However, additional experience in retail or similar industries may prove beneficial when searching for jobs similar to the following:
Retail Store Associate
- Employees in store associate roles routinely assist clientele with purchases by utilizing exceptional customer service techniques and understanding product lines.
- Associates must prove detail-oriented, aware of store and individual goals, and show genuine interest in the brand.
- An appreciation and comprehension of athletics, fitness, and healthy living may also prove beneficial to interested candidates during the hiring process.
- Employees must show an affinity for working as part of a team and the capability to lift and move up to 75 pounds, as well as stand, for extended intervals.
- A retail store associate may earn up to $10.00 an hour and typically fills part-time schedules.
Retail Team Leader
- Usually defined as an entry-level managerial role with the shoe retailer, a team leader effectively manages subordinate staff in the absence of, or in concurrence with, store managers.
- Ideal candidates adapt and learn in fast-paced environments, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrate aptitude for leading by example.
- Retail team leaders assist in minimizing loss, coaching and motivating subordinate staffs, and understanding customer needs and expectations.
- Team leaders often make between $11.00 and $13.00 and may earn promotion to assistant and store manager roles over time.
Tips For Applying
As part of the Adidas group, applicants may find the most convenient and practical ways to apply include the company job portal online. Interested aspirants may search available positions on the website, and after completing basic job profiles, apply for applicable jobs with efficiency and ease. Job seekers should organize application information ahead of time in order to streamline the process as much as possible. After creating profiles, applicants may sign in later on in order to apply for additional openings.
Once created, online profiles with the company job portal allow applicants to check on application statuses. In order to display optimum and genuine interest, candidates may choose to contact the store of hire directly, either via phone call or emailing human resource managers, when available. Applicants with desires to contact hiring managers in person at store locations may show true desire to work for the shoe retailer. A job seeker visiting a location in person should remain cognizant of the time and responsibilities of managers and should contact stores in order to determine off-peak hours and availability of store supervisors before proceeding.
Benefits of Working at Reebok
Working for Reebok results in a multitude of job benefits for both part-time and full-time associates. Along with health insurance, including:
- Vision and prescription drug coverage
- Associates gain access to supplemental insurances and retirement options such as 401(k) plans.
Employees enjoy continued training, compensation packages typically above competing companies, and eligibility for both vacation and flex time. Associates, and at times direct family, enjoy store discounts, wellness support, and both daycare and commuter programs. Depending on the store location, additional perks, such as personal trainers, onsite gyms, company-wide sporting events, and sporting facilities, may remain available to personnel.
Supplementary Information about Reebok
Reebok sponsors healthy initiatives for the youth of America, primarily through the BOKS, or Build Our Kids’ Success, program. Founded by Kathleen Tullie in Massachusetts, the program continues to expand into hundreds of schools across the country. BOKS focuses on functional fitness, mimicking day-to-day movements and play in order to get children up and moving in the morning to prepare kids for the oncoming day. Over 500 non-profit organizations align with Reebok Foundation in order to promote social and economic equality by funding inner-city youth programs.