As a member of the larger Marriott International, extended-stay hotel chain Residence Inn continually hires new employees to join a rapidly growing industry. Through franchising and corporate development, new opportunities open with some frequency across the globe.
Facts About Working at Residence Inn
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Residence Inn?)
Available Positions: Guest Service Agent, Guest Service Representative, Part-Time Front Desk Associate, Full-Time Front Desk Associate, Food And Beverage Associate, Sales Representative, Housekeeper, Guest Breakfast Attendant, Room Attendant, Front Desk Clerk, Assistant Housekeeping Supervisor, Part-Time Night Auditor, Full-Time Night Auditor, Hotel Maintenance Worker, Laundry Attendant, Van Driver, Hotel Sales Manager, Front Office Clerk, Cook, Breakfast Host/Hostess, Greeter
Residence Inn Job Opportunities
With 18 brands and nearly 4,000 locations, the Marriott group provides countless entry-level job opportunities with typically limited hiring prerequisites outside of meeting age requirements. Residence Inn onboards housekeepers, front desk clerks, maintenance crew, stewards, and other customer-oriented roles with frequency. Individuals with exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to work multiple shifts, including nights and weekends, and motivated personalities usually fare well during the hiring process. Managerial positions often require additional work experience in the hospitality or similar industries and may also necessitate further post-secondary education.
Residence Inn sits as a preferred hotel brand for the frequent business traveler to the family seeking the ideal vacation lodging, as each room acts as a suite with full kitchens, separate sleeping areas, and comfortable seating areas. With larger accommodations, each location necessitates an involved, friendly, and hardworking staff to maintain rooms, common areas, and guarantee guest satisfaction. Employees typically receive consideration for advancement opportunities with regularity, as tenure, experience, and enthusiasm factor into promotion. The company hires individuals seeking sales, marketing, and other corporate positions, as well.
Positions and Salary Information for Residence Inn
Employees earn competitive wages, receive paid training, and enjoy flexible scheduling opportunities once employed with the hotel industry leader in addition to excellent work benefits packages. For most hourly positions, applicants may expect to meet minimal hiring standards, regularly needing to stand at least 18 years of age and in possession of high school educations. The most commonly available positions sit listed below:
- Earning hourly pay hovering around $10.00 and generally working between 15 and 30 hours a week, laundry attendants retain responsibility for laundry-related work within the hotel chain.
- Associates operate and monitor washing, drying, and dry cleaning machines, including the adding of chemicals when necessary.
- In addition, laundry attendants fold cleaned articles, including linens and towels, into company-designated sizes, either by hand or using folding machines, while maintaining accurate records of laundered items.
- A laundry attendant should display excellent physical stamina, as the position requires regular standing, sitting, and walking in addition to repetitive lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
Loss Prevention Officer
- A loss prevention officer works hotel security and monitors closed-circuit televisions, actively patrols hotel grounds, and assists guests with room access, when necessary.
- Additional duties focus on maintaining perimeter alarm systems, answering duress alarms, and observing fire and safety procedures.
- Employees acting as loss prevention officers must respond to accidents within the hotel property, contact necessary authorities, and assist in defusing guest and employee disturbances, including removing unruly patrons, customer complaints about safety issues, and following up with necessary paperwork.
- A loss prevention officer may need additional certifications and trainings, though most remain provided through the company.
- Employees should also display the ability to stand, move, lift, walk, and perform any other necessary physical labor as needed.
- The starting hourly wage for loss prevention officers typically stands at $14.00.
Guest Services Representative
- A guest services representative acts as the face of customer service at each Residence Inn location.
- Earning between $11.00 and $13.00 an hour and working in full-time, part-time, and overnight capacities, front desk employees organize, process, and conduct check-in and checkout procedures.
- Furthermore, guest services representatives take guest reservations, secure necessary payments, activate and file room keys, and process guest requests, as necessary.
- Associates should represent the hotel chain with professionalism and sustain working knowledge of hotel policies, procedures, and the ability to provide directions and information regarding local attractions and areas of interest.
Tips For Applying
Residence Inn provides interested applicants with a straightforward and easy online application process consistent with signing up via email and filling out a step-by-step profile. Once set up, applying for multiple positions remains fast and direct, as returning aspirants may sign in and utilize saved profiles. Certain franchised locations may still accept paper applications, as well. When filling out applications in person or online, always double-check information for accuracy and relevancy before submitting.
Job seekers typically receive email confirmation once the company receives submitted hiring materials. Phone interviews typically occur within one to two weeks of initial submissions, often leading to face-to-face interviews. For candidates not receiving contact in the prescribed time or wishing to further impact hiring decisions, contact hiring managers directly either via phone or visiting in person. To show respect for hiring manager time and other duties, contact attempts should take into account peak business hours and certain department managers may work alternative hours.
Benefits of Working at Residence Inn
Along with competitive pay, paid trainings, and various advancement opportunities, Residence Inn employees enjoy other work benefits concurrent with all Marriott International associates. Most job benefits, such as:
- Healthcare options
- Paid time off and vacation time
- Depend on role
- Location and franchisee.
Employees enjoy hotel room discounts at all corporate locations falling under the company family of brands around the world as well as discounts on food, beverage, and retail. The hotel industry leader also offers various recognition programs and retirement options, such as enrollment in 401(k) retirement plans.
Additional Information about Residence Inn
Each year, Residence Inn employees gain eligibility to earn Marriott Awards of Excellence. Established to recognize employee achievement, the awards honor groups of associates every year for outstanding customer service, diversity and inclusion efforts, and for good corporate citizenship. Honorees and family members receive travel to company headquarters regardless of where each associate works for the company around the world. The hotel industry leader posts award winners on the company website, along with the stories and reasons for selection.