Operating ornate galleries across the U.S. and Canada, Restoration Hardware offers unique employment options for applicants interested in home decor jobs. In total, roughly 70 retail locations provide widespread access to jobs, including both part-time and full-time careers.
Facts About Working at Restoration Hardware
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Restoration Hardware?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Stock Associate, Customer Care Representative, Assistant Manager, Manager, Allocation Planner, Supply Chain Analyst, Project Manager, Credit Card Marketing Manager, Designer, Email Advocate, Maintenance Technician, Finance Analyst, Payroll Supervisor, Planning Coordinator, Quality Assurance Leader, Merchandiser, Business Analyst, Buyer
Restoration Hardware Employment Options
The luxury line of retail stores combines timeless styles with contemporary designs to offer distinctive merchandise. Typical work environments may include lavish retail locations housed inside of old historical buildings. Restoration Hardware hiring personnel often use the recruitment process to screen for creative and motivated individuals able to provide excellent customer service. The international chain also encourages camaraderie and teamwork, which prove essential to company operations.
Restoration Hardware offers exceptional base pay and salary options in addition to friendly work environments. New-hires often receive well above industry standards for both entry-level jobs and professional careers. While notoriously upscale, job settings include relaxed and amiable atmospheres conducive to professional growth and offering room for advancement. Training programs completed immediately upon hire extend throughout the tenures of employees and provide guidance for individuals looking to advance into managerial or corporate roles.
Restoration Hardware Job Openings and Salary Options
Entry-level hiring requirements often include college degrees and meeting the minimum age of 18. Workers must also possess relevant experience, in most cases. Manual labor typically factors into daily responsibilities regardless of position, as well. Job seekers able to meet the minimum requirements may fill out applications for the following popular positions:
- Charged with catering to customer needs, explaining and recommending merchandise, and tending to showroom floors, gallery associates may work part-time or full-time and make an average of $12.00 an hour.
- Excellent communication skills and friendly personalities remain necessary to build and maintain positive rapports with customers.
- The position also includes visual merchandising and basic sanitation responsibilities.
- Workers should possess self-motivated attitudes and demonstrate attention to detail in every action.
- Some use of computers requires basic familiarity with common operating systems, as well.
- Career opportunities at the retail level largely include assistant manager and store manager job titles.
- Assistant managers often work as sales leads and organize daily schedules, supervise subordinate workers, and assist in sales and stocking, as needed.
- Store managers execute more administrative tasks, such as compiling sales reports, tracking and logging inventories, reporting profits, and communicating with company warehouses to arrange shipments of goods.
- Strong motivators and highly organized individuals represent the best fits for managerial careers.
- Assistant managers may work part-time, while store managers traditionally maintain full-time schedules.
- Lead sales and assistant managers make anywhere from $12.00 to $18.00 per hour.
- Salary options for store managers begin around $60,000 annually and rise with tenure and related skillsets, depending on experience.
Tips For Applying
Applicants with readily accessible resumes should use the online application manager to submit hiring forms. Job seekers access the application manager through the company careers page. Completing an online profile provides workers the option to upload a professional resume, which prepopulates data fields on the application. The resumes remain on file and populate empty data fields on future applications without the need to reload the employment document.
Sending in an application results in an immediate Do Not Respond email from the automated employment system. Job hopefuls may log back into individual career profiles in order to check on the statuses of outstanding applications. Each employment profile updates automatically as personnel make hiring decisions. Typically, entry-level applicants wait about a week or so to hear back from recruitment managers. The hiring process for corporate, manufacturing, or managerial jobs may feature wait times in excess of three to four weeks. Some specialized positions may take multiple months to complete all phases necessary for full consideration. Due to traditionally high volumes of candidates, workers should refrain from calling or soliciting managers via telephone or email concerning application statuses, regardless of positions desired.
Benefits of Working at Restoration Hardware
Eligibility for employment benefits packages generally depends on part-time or full-time job status. Workers in part-time roles may only qualify for select employee benefits, while associates in full-time roles enjoy comprehensive and all-inclusive rewards packages. Qualified employees receive:
- Generous discounts on merchandise
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Dependent care spending accounts
- Employee assistance programs
- Holiday pay
- Personal days and sick time
- Paid vacation
- Flexible healthcare options, and
- Insurance plans.
Further Details on Restoration Hardware
In addition to contemporary furniture, Restoration Hardware sells wide varieties of home furnishings. Customers encounter myriad lines of decorations, rugs, and ornamentations as well as full selections of patio, kitchen, and lighting accessories. Options range from outdoor umbrellas and place settings to stereo speakers, art pieces, and draperies. Patrons may access product lines online, in store, or through catalogs called source books available by request on the company homepage or at outlet and gallery locations.