Presently employing over 89,000 people, Rite Aid remains a huge job supplier to both the east and west coasts. As a combination convenience store and drugstore, the employer requires job hopefuls to fill positions in the pharmacy and on the sales floor.
Facts About Working at Rite Aid
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Rite Aid?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Cashier, Shift Supervisor, Pharmacist, Student Pharmacist, Shift Supervisor, Overnight Shift Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Distribution Center Supervisor, Human Resources Manager, Loss Prevention Agent, Management Trainee, Security Officer, Administrative Assistant, Auditor, Wellness Specialist, Replenish Buyer, Payroll Maintenance Representative, Forklift Operator, Field Technician
Rite Aid Employee Interview Videos
Rite Aid Job Opportunities
With over 4,500 stores in roughly 30 states, the company seizes opportunities for expansion whenever possible. Existing and new stores need both career-minded and experience-oriented individuals to fully staff locations. Candidates searching for careers with Rite Aid may find positions in management or the pharmacy fulfilling. Generally, such jobs require specific qualifications and experience; however, employment hopefuls lacking credentials may find the company policy on promoting from within lucrative. Additionally, individuals interested in pharmaceuticals and still in school may make connections for future employment by applying for the pharmacy internship.
Job hopefuls must stand at least 18 years of age to work with Rite Aid, as most entry-level positions require the handling of tobacco and alcohol. Individuals with backgrounds in retail or customer service often receive preference during the hiring process. The combination convenience store and pharmacy values teamwork, accountability, and integrity. Candidates able to demonstrate such attributes may catch the attention of hiring personnel and fare better during the interview process.
Rite Aid Positions and Salary Information
Thanks to frequent turnover, many entry-level positions remain available with the combination convenience store and drugstore. The company hires diverse teams of individuals, and the most readily available positions include:
- Usually part-time in nature, store associate jobs yield average hourly wages of $9.00 to $10.00.
- Individuals interested in the position prosper when possessing open availability or several weekend, late night, and early morning hours.
- Maintaining physical stamina also remains favorable, as store associates must spend several hours standing, bending, squatting, and lifting light loads.
- Basic duties include greeting customers, answering questions, offering product recommendations, replenishing merchandise, and preserving the overall cleanliness of the store.
- Check out the Rite Aid sales associate job description.
- Responsible for leaving lasting impressions on customers, cashiers must remain friendly and upbeat when dealing with a diverse range of people.
- Cashier positions require individuals to stand in tiny spaces for several hours and work weekends with regularity.
- Responsibilities include resolving customer complaints, efficiently and quickly scanning and bagging customer items, handling monetary transactions and providing exact change when necessary, replenishing stock behind and in front of the counter, organizing displays in accordance with corporate instructions, checking identification for restricted merchandise, offering various discounts and customer programs to individuals, and assisting with the operation of the One-hour Photo booth when needed.
- Individuals filling the positions receive hourly wages anywhere from $8.00 to $10.00.
- Browse the Rite Aid cashier job description for more details and a video interview with a former Rite Aid cashier.
- Before obtaining a position as pharmacy technician, an individual must receive state certification where applicable and complete Rite Aid training modules.
- Additionally, interested candidates must hold a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Practical experience or education also stands preferred. The essential responsibilities of the pharmacy technician include entering prescription information into the computer system, processing requests for new prescriptions, retrieving appropriate medication for customers, creating labels, counting out pills into corresponding bottles, completing related paperwork, maintaining the cleanliness of pharmacy areas, taking inventory, and generally assisting supervisors as needed.
- Pay for the position stands around $10.00 or $11.00 per hour.
Tips For Applying
The Rite Aid website features a job platform where interested candidates may browse available positions. In order to apply, individuals must create profiles with the system. Users also enjoy the option of expediting the process by connecting through Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn. Uploading a resume remains the next step, and applicants should check for accuracy and ensure all information stands up to date. Any relevant, previous experience or attributes should receive attention in resumes to increase chances of obtaining an interview.
Depending on the position, the combination convenience store and pharmacy may take two weeks to a month to contact applicants about a job offer. In the meantime, individuals desiring to increase visibility within the pool of candidates may contact hiring personnel to inquire about application status. Calling the store, conducting an in-person visit, and emailing managers all stand acceptable ways to get in touch with Rite Aid. No matter the chosen form of communication, applicants should remember to behave professionally, communicate efficiently, and respect the time of the hiring personnel.
Benefits of Working at Rite Aid
The employment benefits offered by Rite Aid remain available for full- and part-time staff. Though stipulations for eligibility limit some work benefits to specific positions, the company focuses on making healthcare coverage accessible. Dental, vision, prescription plans, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, disability, and dependent coverage remain integral parts of company-sponsored medical insurance plans.
- Paid vacation
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) retirement plans with company match
- Stock plans, and
- Jury duty compensation remain available to eligible employees as well.
More Information on Rite Aid
Rite Aid offers a membership program known as wellness+. The purchase of certain, marked products earn members points, and when cardholders accrue 1,000 points the customers qualify for 20% off all store items for a year. Additionally, wellness+ members retain access to pharmacists 24/7 to discuss any medical concerns. The company also offers wellness65+, which remains a seniors-exclusive rewards program, and wellness+ for Diabetes, which aims to make expenses related to the condition more affordable.