Since 1988, Romano's Macaroni Grill continues to share Italian trattoria cuisine, culture, and conversation with guests. A leader in the upscale casual dining industry, the company offers hourly team member, management, and support center positions to applicants at the entry-level stages of professional careers.
Facts About Working at Romano's Macaroni Grill
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Romano's Macaroni Grill?)
Available Positions: Host, Hostess, Waiter, Waitress, Bus Person, Dishwasher, Bartender, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Assistant Kitchen Manager, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Restaurant Manager, General Restaurant Manager, Administrative Assistant, Human Resources Associate, Human Resources Manager, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Tax Analyst, Pricing Coordinator
Romano’s Macaroni Grill Job Opportunities
Romano’s Macaroni Grill operates more than 180 locations across the U.S. and offers employees opportunities to grow within the company and showcase leadership skills. Unique full-time and part-time jobs exist at each location, as each restaurant employs hourly team members for positions ranging from opera singers to chefs and bartenders.
With the company headquarters based in Houston, TX, some job hopefuls may consider pursuing or advancing within the company to jobs in restaurant support center departments such as executive management, legal, purchasing, finance, human resources, and guest services. The professional careers require applicants to meet more stringent qualifications, often including advanced degrees, years of experience, and field-specific acumen.
Romano’s Macaroni Grill Positions and Salary Information
Candidates may stand at 16 years old for employment consideration, but most positions call for applicants at least 18 years old in order to receive formal review. Young job hopefuls may find the most success pursuing positions such as host or busser. Other hourly jobs may require more experience or talent, like server or performer. Applicants with an extensive background in restaurant service could explore management or corporate-level opportunities. Positions frequently available to prospective workers sit listed below:
- Staff hosting jobs involve and greeting guests upon entrance and thanking patrons upon departure.
- Hosts also take responsibility for maintaining the cleanliness of work stations, waiting areas, restrooms, and cocktail tables, managing the reservations and waiting lists, making recommendations, responding to questions about specials, and answering telephone calls.
- Other duties may include occasionally delivering food and beverages to patrons, taking to-go orders, preparing bills, accepting payments, and performing side work throughout each shift.
- Qualified candidates may possess at least six months of related experience, high school diplomas or equivalents, food handler’s certifications, and adequate communication and basic math skills.
- The ability to manage a work flow, resolve problems, stand for extended periods of time, and lift up to 50lbs. also benefit workers.
- Hosts typically receive hourly pay between $5.00 and $11.00 an hour in addition to gratuity.
- The entry-level position delves highly into customer service responsibilities.
- Servers take food and beverage orders, place orders, deliver orders, and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Other duties may include maintaining table appearances, checking drink levels, removing clutter, providing napkins, presenting checks for payment, and keeping server stations clean.
- Qualified candidates must meet the state minimum age to serve alcohol and demonstrate the ability to interact with guests.
- At least six months of closely related work experience also serves applicants well.
- The ability to lift up to 20lbs., stand for extended periods of time, and comprehend instructions helps candidates land employment, in most cases.
- A typical server may earn hourly wages falling between $2.00 and $13.00 an hour in addition to gratuity.
- Bartender jobs also deal directly with customers.
- Primary objectives include serving guests of age with properly prepared alcoholic beverages.
- Workers also acknowledge guests immediately, maintaining clean, safe, and organized work environments, remain visible at all times, and provide knowledge of all food, liquors, beers, and wines offered.
- Qualified applicants should provide previous restaurant experience, reading, writing, and verbal communication skills, and the ability to handle cash transactions.
- Bartender associates receive average hourly pay around $5.00 an hour, with gratuities added after wages.
- Managerial careers available include taking responsibility for all functions on opening, mid or closing shifts, with attention to guest relations, supervision of staff, and food and beverage quality and safety.
- Restaurant manager and culinary manager may exist as two separate positions at each location; however, the duties for each job remain similar.
- Responsibilities may include coaching team members, setting standards for service, resolving guest issues, conducting daily line checks for food quality, conducting meetings, achieving financial goals, and demonstrating knowledge of all payroll procedures, reports, and employment laws.
- The chain may award preference to applicants harnessing three years of management experience, high school diplomas, and strong leadership and communication skills.
- Candidates should also stand at least 21 years old with the ability to work ten-hour-plus shifts, stand for extensive periods of time, and lift products 50lbs. or heavier.
- Average annual salary options for managerial associates fall between $50,000 and $65,000.
Tips For Applying
Job hopefuls may apply online for positions with Romano’s Macaroni Grill by clicking the Careers tab at the footer of the company’s homepage. A list of available jobs becomes searchable, although not all openings may appear. Applicants must, instead, request part-time forms in person at the store location of desired hire. Management position openings often appear online; however, prospective employees may still feel inclined to ask a specific location about job availability in person. When filling out the online job application form, users create profiles in order to view previous submissions and apply for more than one opening at a time. The submission requires the upload of a current resume, so applicants should prepare information prior to beginning to process in order to guarantee completeness.
Hiring managers make an effort to contact qualifying applicants to request an interview within a week or two of receiving submitted material. The company requests that follow-up, in-person or phone call inquiries be made only between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Following this request may prove respectful toward employers with busy schedules. The action may also emphasize an applicant’s interest in a position, which may lead to preferential treatment from managers.
Benefits of Working at Romano’s Macaroni Grill
Team members on salary may become eligible for job benefits packages the first day of the month following the date of hire, while hourly team members may receive eligibility for certain components after spending one year with the company and completing an average of 30 or more hours a week during a consecutive six-month period. Job benefits may include:
- Dental and vision coverage
- Enrollment in 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid vacation
- Dining privileges
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and
- Short- and long-term supplementary insurance.
More Information on Romano’s Macaroni Grill
The company not only brings Italian cuisine to restaurant tables but also to the homes of customers, with catering options available in as little as two hours’ notice. Salads, pastas, entrees, sides, desserts, and drinks to accommodate eight to ten guests remains available to order online or by calling the company hotline. Orders must reach a $125 minimum with an additional 10 percent gratuity automatically added to the final bill. Catering employment opportunities may prove available to applicants with information available at any store location.