Ross is one of the largest off-price retail chains and runs over 1,400 store locations. The company sells discounted clothing from well-known name brands and labels. /p>
Facts About Working at Ross
Minimum Age to Work at Ross: 18 años de edad years old (How old do you have to be to work at Ross?)
Ross Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 9:30am-9:30pm; Sun: 11:00am-8:00pm
Available Positions at Ross: Asociado minorista, representante de atención al cliente, especialista de protección de la tienda, encargado de mercaderías, asociado nocturno de surtido, diseñador gráfico, asistente del gerente, gerente de la tienda, supervisor de área, empleado de depósito, asistente administrativo, pasante de ventas, encargado de ingreso de datos, comprador asistente, comprador
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Ross Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at Ross:
Ross Job Opportunities
Types of Careers Available
With over 71,000 employees, associates enjoy a fast-paced workplace at Ross. Many open jobs are entry-level and in customer service fields. These careers are offered both full-time and part-time.
Founded on ethical work and the empowerment of associates, Ross credits their success to their staff. The chain works to make sure team members grow with them professionally and reflect the company’s values. A career with the discount fashion store is a great chance for entry-level job hopefuls to find rewarding work and learn useful skills.
Ross Positions and Salary Information
Applicants 18 or older are eligible for employment with the fashion retailer. When candidates have high school diplomas or GEDs, chances of hire do increase. Notably most entry-level employees begin as retail associates at Ross. These positions lead to advancements as the chain typically promotes from within.
- Applicants need no previous work experience to get these jobs.
- Most starting salary packages begin at minimum wage, but pay rates raise over time.
- The primary functions are to handle customers’ purchases, keep stores organized and clean, and greet shoppers.
- Retail associates at Ross stand for entire shifts, so job hopefuls must be able to spend long periods on their feet.
- Supervisors are in charge of specific areas in the stores, overseeing markdowns, sizing, and cleanliness.
- Women’s clothing, bed and bath, and home decor are examples of areas run by area supervisors.
- Ross employees in this job title earn around $12.00 an hour.
- Candidates who apply are recommended to have worked in retail before.
- Salaries for assistant managers range from $16.00 to $17.00 hourly.
- Duties include leading and training associates as well as meeting corporate goals.
- Applicants should have some experience in management or currently be employed with Ross and looking to advance.
Tips for Applying
The Ross career website lists open jobs, as well as ways to apply online through creating virtual accounts. Application forms can also be found in stores. Furthermore, recruiters regularly visit colleges and career fairs, which can be valuable sources used to apply.
Give the hiring process one to three weeks as managers need time to review applications and candidates. Qualifying job seekers will be contacted by the chain if asked to interview. To express further interest in employment with Ross, reaching out to hiring staff can also be effective.
Employment Benefits at Ross
Ross associates benefit from many excellent job perks. Employees receive:
- Store discounts
- Job training
- Paid vacations, holidays, and paid time off
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
More Information about Ross
The retailer is committed to sustainability by working to use less energy and making less waste. Their contributions to reducing waste include having energy-efficient lighting and recycled paper. The chain also has reusable shopping bags and encourages customers to use them. Ross recycles the cardboard boxes their shipments come in, typically adding up to around 40,000 tons of materials per year.