As the largest West Coast pizza chain, Round Table Pizza presents entry-level job seekers an abundance of opportunities for employment. Workers enjoy career possibilities through increasingly available promotions from continued expansion both in the U.S. and overseas.
Facts About Working at Round Table Pizza
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Round Table Pizza?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Cashier, Dough Roller, Pizza Maker, Shift Manager, Assistant Restaurant Manager, General Restaurant Manager, Area Manager, Manager In Training, Administrative Assistant, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Franchise Development Analyst, Human Resources Associate, Human Resources Manager, Franchise Operating Partner, Operations Director, Catering Sales Manager, Marketing Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Round Table Pizza Employee Interview Videos
Round Table Pizza Employment Opportunities
The franchise maintains the Round Table Pizza tradition of serving only fresh ingredients through 500 restaurants situated worldwide. About 30 unique pizza creations remain available to the public as well as a supporting menu full of sides and entrees. Most positions available exist within the pizza shop locations; however, career-track opportunities remain accessible for associates who begin employment at the restaurant level. Beginning as an entry-level employee, a worker may rise through the ranks and assume roles as restaurant manager, district manager, or upper-level corporate positions.
Pizzeria operations mostly entail customer service, cleaning, maintenance, and order fulfillment. Personal hygiene plays an integral role for associates specializing in food preparation, as health regulations dictate procedures within the organization. Recruiters often deny employment to individuals lacking cleanliness or adequate social skills. Hardworking candidates with past customer service or restaurant-industry experience stand the best chances of gaining employment with Round Table Pizza. Applicants should maintain basic math knowledge for ringing out customer purchases and completing various paperwork forms. The company frequently reserves weekend and holiday work as well as part-time positions for new employees. Full-time status proves attainable for aspirants exuding dedication and future potential.
Round Table Pizza Job Openings and Salary Information
No particular education requirements persist for pizza shop workers, though high school diplomas remain preferred. Usually, job hopefuls 16 years of age or older may occupy positions obtainable with the company. Additionally, managers may request proof of reliable transportation. Common positions available sit listed below:
- While the central focus for drivers remains transporting food orders to customer residences, delivery employees also support restaurant staff when orders dip in frequency.
- Drivers receive training for food preparation and must complete cleaning procedures in the absence of delivery orders.
- The company requires delivery job hopefuls to maintain valid driving permits and vehicle insurance.
- Pay scales normally sit around minimum wage or lower, while tips constitute a large portion of worker income.
- Food preparation responsibilities mostly rest with dough rollers.
- Typical days involve preparing fresh ingredients, creating food with consistency, and ensuring sanitary food-preparation techniques.
- Dough rollers must quickly become familiar with each menu item for swift service.
- Secondary duties include cash register operation, trash disposal, and customer complaint resolution.
- As select locations offer catering services, associates may participate in both the service and delivery of food for patrons.
- Beginning pay for cooks sits at minimum wage and may rise through evaluations.
- Typical management jobs require at least one year of experience in similar roles.
- Shift leads represent the first step in promotions and retain the least amount of managerial responsibilities.
- In addition to normal duties as a dough roller or cashier, shift leads ensure proper order fulfillment, coworker productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Assistant managers rank above shift leads and must possess working knowledge of restaurant operations in the event of general manager absences.
- Increasing sales remains the overall goal for restaurant managers.
- Everyday tasks for general managers involve opening the restaurant, ensuring overall productivity of staff, and mingling with customers to create homey environments for repeat business.
- General managers must also hire employees and report sales to upper management.
- Salary options range from $30,000 to $60,000 yearly for assistant managers and general managers.
- Shift leads should expect hourly pay exceeding minimum wage by a few dollars.
Tips For Applying
Candidates enjoy the options to apply online or in store at various locations around the world. The online application requires little time for completion, as the main components include basic information, such as name, address, position desired, and availability. Paper applications should reflect common sense with display of perfect spelling and grammar as well as legible handwriting. Regardless of online or in-person submissions, candidates greatly increase odds of hire by requesting in-person introductions with hiring staff. Remember to dress in presentable fashions and display professional, courteous behaviors.
Checking application statuses may prove profitable since managers hire only proactive individuals. Ensure a couple days between initial application submission and follow ups. Applicants may inquire via phone, email, or in-person visits. Interview scheduling depends on specific circumstances, though general guidelines suggest interviews occur within a week of applying.
Benefits of Working at Round Table Pizza
Job benefits available at Round Table Pizza generally remain competitive within the service industry. Eligible employees may elect to participate in healthcare packages with options for vision and dental coverage. Full-time associates receive:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off, and
- Employee stock ownership options.
Most locations offer workers free food on the clock for lunch breaks. Bonuses provide further compensation, as well. Flexible scheduling allows individuals with restrictive time commitments to request days off or switch schedules with coworkers.
Further Details about Round Table Pizza
The pizza chain operates a charity foundation called Round Table Family Charities. Partnering with the Make-A-Wish Foundation in 2014, the Round Table Pizza charity organization established a tradition for helping cancer-stricken children achieve requested wishes. In the first year alone, the company assisted four children in obtaining wishes. In addition to donating money and time to accomplish the goals, the pizza chain provides complimentary pizza parties after the conclusion of wish events.
Timothy J. says:
why do all applications have to be online? You know when you spend 45 minutes online filling one of these things out your chances are one and a thousand. I wish things were old school. where you would get a job by meeting these people face to face. How are you supposed to leave a good impression when you never even speak to anyone right…….
Timothy J – I totaly agree. I’m 16 and trying to get a job. Anybody can sit and fill out an application, if i got to show my true personality I would have a better chance to get the job. My mom was appalled when I went to a store and they said the application is online. I think getting a job is more difficult now, especially for someone trying to get their first job :/
Jessica Hernandez says:
I totally agree, nowadays it is really difficult on trying to get a job even if it is your first time. I’m 18 now and it is a struggle as most places expect you to have some sort of job experience.