A convenience store committed to saving customers time, Royal Farms builds teams of hardworking associates to serve guests with speed and courtesy. With gas stations across the mid-Atlantic, the company serves as an ideal employer for job seekers looking for fast-paced work on the East Coast.
Facts About Working at Royal Farms
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Royal Farms?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Food Service Associate, Customer Service Associate, Maintenance Expeditor, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Royals Farms Job Opportunities
To fulfill the company mission of being the best, the convenience store hires the best and brightest people. Past work experience takes a backseat to possessing the right attitude when the company evaluates candidates. The gas station chain believes the best applicants embody the company core values of respect, customer focus, honesty, and constant improvement. Always on the lookout for the right people, Royal Farms accepts applications year round and participates in dozens of job fairs every month.
The chain prides operations on a culture of retention and employee growth. Upon hire, associates enjoy smooth transitions into roles through supportive training and ongoing coaching and encouragement. Constant advancement opportunities keep employees interested in work, and the company never caps career advancement potential for driven workers.
Royal Farms Positions and Salary Information
Each convenience store offers numerous entry-level opportunities in customer service and food preparation. The part-time jobs offer a maximum of 25 hours a week to workers. Applicants interested in full-time positions should pursue management roles. Most part-time jobs require workers to meet the minimum age of 16 in order to gain hiring consideration. Candidates need to reach the age of 18 in order to access management roles.
Customer Service Associate
- Customer service associates primarily work on POS systems located at the front of stores.
- Essential duties include greeting customers, scanning merchandise, and handling various forms of payment.
- Job environments prove fast-paced, in most cases, and workers need to perform duties effectively in hectic customer-service situations.
- During down times, customer service associates perform basic cleaning, sanitation, and trash removal.
- The workers also stock merchandise and assist customers at fuel islands as needed.
- Before starting or ending a shift, the customer service associate needs to total and verify the currency and coin count in a cash drawer.
- To properly perform the duties of the job, an associate needs to possess basic math and communication skills.
- Customer service associates usually earn about $8.50 an hour, with pay offered weekly.
Food Service associate
- Food service associates work in the restaurant areas of the convenience stores.
- Workers provide friendly and efficient customer care so guests may enjoy quality food on the go.
- To ensure customers receive food fast, food service associates must prepare items in under four minutes.
- Food safety remains top priority, and food service workers must continually monitor and maintain proper food temperatures as well as log and track food on spoilage sheets.
- Common sanitation duties, like wiping down surfaces and mopping floors, need carried out regularly, as well.
- The job carries some physical tasks, like constant standing and bending, infrequently lifting as much as 50 pounds, and working in coolers and freezers.
- Hourly pay for food service associates ranges from minimum wage to about $9.00.
Tips for Applying
To expedite the evaluation process, applicants ought to look for available jobs online. The online application asks for essential information, such as social security number, address, work history, and legal eligibility to work in the United States. Applicants also encounter questions specific to the position desired. For example, a prospective food service associate may need to respond to questions like, “Are you able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 35 degrees?” and “Can you tolerate exposure to cleaning products?” Candidates should answer questions truthfully and to the best of personal knowledge. Following the standard application, candidates need to complete pre-employment tests containing basic math questions, which typically involve tallying prices. The test imposes no time limit, so candidates should take time answering questions. If needed, applicants should use calculators to compute answers. Candidates should double-check answers before moving on, as the test prohibits applicants from returning to previous pages.
After submitting an application and waiting a few days, an applicant should call the store of desired employment, ask to speak to a manager, and inquire about application status. The online evaluation process may take some time, and store managers may not know candidate standing immediately. Regardless, candidates should use the opportunity to build connections with managers and show passion for prospective jobs. If still uncertain about application status after a phone call to the store, an applicant may send an inquiry to the company’s official personnel email address. Applicants may also ask about application statuses through the Employment Application Questions section on the official website. The form also allows applicants to ask any general questions about the employment or the evaluation processes. Job seekers may direct any questions to the official phone number listed on the company website, as well.
Benefits of Working at Royal Farms
On top of competitive wages, the gas station chain offers benefits packages to improve employee heath, happiness, and financial security. Full-time employees who work a minimum of 30 hours a week may earn comprehensive health insurance after three months of employment. Hourly non-exempt workers may earn eligibility for health insurance after six months of continuous employment.
- Aiding in employee retirement, the chain of convenience stores offers a 401(k) retirement plan with company-match of up to 3%.
- To earn eligibility for 401(k) plans, associates must meet the age minimum of 21 years, complete a year of service, and clock 1,000 hours of work in a year.
- The company also offers wellness benefits, such as vacation days, bereavement time, and maternity leave.
To thank associates for overtime service, the convenience store offers additional compensation to all associates performing holiday work.
Further Information on Royal Farms
More than a place to refuel, Royal Farms remains open day and night so customers may grab quick snacks or enjoy full meals. Since 1959, the fuel retailer serves real food to people on the go. The chain proudly serves Famous Royal Farms Chicken, a lightly breaded, pressure-cooked delight with zero trans-fat. Customers also enjoy hand-cut fries, custom-built sandwiches, and wraps made with the freshest ingredients. To get morning commuters going, the convenience store offers breakfast sandwiches, which can include egg, cheese, ham, bacon, sausage, or steak on a croissant. The chain also serves freshly brewed 100% Colombian coffee.