Fast-casual chain Rubio's hires dependable associates for food service work. The popular restaurant specializes in quick and fresh approaches to Mexican cuisine. Entry-level applicants and career-minded professionals alike find lucrative job opportunities as the brand grows and thrives.
Facts About Working at Rubio's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Rubio's?)
Available Positions: Guest Service Agent, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Manager, General Manager, Shift Leader, Cook, Marketing Manager, Shift Manager
Rubio’s Job Opportunities
Established in 1983, Rubio’s continues as a source of employment for applicants. Positive, team-oriented work environments, opportunities to gain valuable food service industry experience, and attractive salary options frequently draw candidates to consider positions with the food service business. Based in the Western United States, the fast-casual chain manages over 190 locations. To maintain such a large network of restaurants, staffing personnel must hire new employees on a consistent basis. Job seekers living in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and Colorado frequently obtain work with the company in addition to outside applicants looking to relocate.
Entry-level workers carry out job duties in fast-casual food service settings. Starting employees generally work as guest service agents or cooks. Guest service agents operate cash registers, while cooks make food items for customers. More experienced candidates may seek positions in management, such as shift leader, assistant manager, and store manager jobs. Managerial roles largely involve supervising associates and ensuring safety, legal, service, and cleanliness standards remain upheld.
Rubio’s Employment and Pay Scales
Candidates 16 years of age and older may seek employment with the company. Both full-time and part-time positions remain accessible on a regular basis. The following Rubio’s jobs stand available to motivated applicants:
Guest Service Agent
- Fulfilling the roles of cashiers, guest service agents take orders and maintain dining area cleanliness.
- Duties, such as greeting guests, accurately recording orders, processing payments, and providing correct change, remain part of everyday procedure.
- Traditionally part-time positions, guest service agent jobs remain easily accessible to entry-level candidates meeting age and availability requirements.
- Applicants must also prove enthusiastic, fluent in English, and able to stand for prolonged periods.
- Employees earn between minimum wage and $9.00 per hour.
- Typically making $9.00 an hour or more, cooks prepare meals for Rubio’s customers.
- Workdays consist of prepping and cooking foods to patron specifications.
- The fast food chain prizes efficiency, cleanliness, and teamwork skills in applicants.
- Cooks must stand able to lift at least 50 pounds and reach at least five and a half feet in the air.
- Though cooking positions remain available to entry-level job seekers, hiring managers may prefer to pursue candidates with previous food service experience.
- Shift leaders perform basic management duties in restaurant locations.
- Responsibilities include interacting with customers, training new staff, filing financial paperwork, and opening and closing the restaurant.
- Ideal candidates possess excellent communication skills, team player mentalities, and basic math abilities.
- In addition, bilingual applicants may gain further hiring consideration.
- Rubio’s hires job seekers 18 years of age and older and with at least two years of previous restaurant experience for shift leader jobs.
- Employees garner hourly wages of about $10.00.
Tips For Applying
The fast-casual chain seeks applicants with friendly, upbeat personality traits, as providing welcoming guest service remains a top priority for Rubio’s. Job hopefuls with backgrounds in the food service industry, customer service experience, and high school diplomas or GED equivalents generally make the best candidates for available employment opportunities. Aspiring workers may apply online or in person at restaurant locations. In addition, employment recruiters may actively seek out applicants for the company.
After receiving applications, Rubio’s hiring managers review the documents to select the most ideal candidates. The review process may take as little as two days or as long as two months. Generally, entry-level applicants hear back within a week or two. However, job seekers may follow up by phone or in person to show interest in positions. Always remain polite and professional when making inquiries about application status.
Benefits of Working at Rubio’s
Along with flexible labor schedules, career advancement opportunities, and competitive pay, Rubio’s offers job benefits packages to qualified associates. Healthcare coverage includes medical, dental, and vision insurance plans. Paid time off for vacation time and holidays allow workers to maintain balance between personal lives and work. In addition, employees with one year or more with the company become eligible for 401(k) retirement plans. Meal discounts prove available, as well.
Additional Details about Rubio’s
Rubio’s commits to environmental stewardship by focusing on sustainable seafood. The company highlights fish-based dishes and helps maintain balanced and healthy fish populations without causing harm to the environment. Sustainable fish used by the chain include the Alaska pollock, Atlantic salmon, shrimp, and tilapia. Recycling also remains a priority for the business. The chain recycles plastic and glass at more than half of restaurant locations.